Survived my first trip to Morocco!!!

MomNeedsVacay

<font color=red>was my mom just weird?
With a bun in the oven and three kids!! We had a blast!! (though super jet-lagged today!) It was truly a beautiful country and culture that I learned so much about and so thankful I was able to make this trip with my kids. :thumbsup2

We took a trip to Morocco back in the late 80's that was "subsidized" by the government of Morocco and sold through Disney travel department, so it cost us less than 1/3 of what the people who booked through American Express paid. Fantastic trip. I have sung the praises of Morocco since and recommend a trip there for people who are looking for "exotic" but not "dangerous". Everytime I go to Epcot, I have to visit the Moroccan pavillion and relive the trip. Would love to go back.

We flew from Dulles to Paris to Casablanca--- spent two nights in Casablanca; had dinner in the restaurant famous from the movie, Casablanca...stayed in the Novotel Casablanca --I found it to be adequate, but nothing "wow" about it. Had to get used to everybody smoking in hotel lobbies, restaurants and bars...We visited the Hassan II Mosque--we needed a new charger so we found a mall that is new and quite modern with high end stores like Prada and a play land for kids with rides and games. Happy to leave Casablanca, our driver for the week, Mustapha, drove us to Marrakech--about a 3 hour drive..they have decent rest areas along the main highway --except one which offered only a hole to do business in (which the ids were too freaked out about).
Marrakech was wonderful-- first, the accommodations were ridiculously luxurious...I'm not sure how much my MIL paid for three rooms for 5 nights--but by far the most beautiful, luxurious and "rich" hotel I'd ever experienced...Here is a link for those interested http://www.mamounia.com/uk/index.php
Highlights: sunrise hot air balloon ride on the outskirts of town
- breakfast in the home of a poor Berber family
-shopping in the souks and medina (scared the crap out of my oldest daughter because some people were extremely aggressive)
- riding camels
-the luxury hotel, pool and spa
- Chez Ali dinner show with horses etc.
- the food and wonderful restaurants
- getting to know our tour guide and hearing learning about the culture and traditions

We are traveling to Africa this Fall, on a 18 day safari, I'd love to hear any tips you can share as to how you survived the long flights to Africa? (We're going to Amsterdam first, then connecting to Nairobi).

oooh I am so jelous, I would LOVE to go there! The hotel looks AMAZING! Glad you had a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter