Surveys/feedback

TXTransplant

DIS Veteran
I've seen several posters mention a survey that they have received after returning from an ABD trip that gives them the opportunity to provide ABD with feedback. Do all travelers receive these surveys after every trip? Just asking because I have not received anything since our Germany ABD in June. I would gladly participate in a survey but have not been asked. How long does it usually take after returning home to receive one?

I am pretty sure every family gets a survey after their adventure.

As I recall you have to sign a document in your packet allowing or agreeing to being contacted

Would these be the travel documents that I signed at the time I made the reservation? Because those are the only documents that I recall signing.

Check your email spam, too. Our surveys usually have arrived within a week of returning from our trips

Check your email spam, too. Our surveys usually have arrived within a week of returning from our trips

Spam messages are long gone, since we've been home over a month. I'm pretty good about checking that folder, though, and I never saw anything. I've sent ABD an email asking about it. I'm wondering if the fact that we used a travel agent had something to do with it. To my knowledge, I have not received any emails directly from ABD.

Our experience mirror's @WebmasterMike above (perhaps because we were on the same ABD's) in that we got our survey within a week of the end of our trip.

My DW just advised me that shortly before before our Italy adventure in September of last year that ABD changed the way they do surveys. They now do random surveys following adventures.

Interesting Mike. Apparently Val & I were randomly chosen for both the SF and BSM portions of our last ABD trip.

We received a survey within days of returning from our recent Baltics cruise add-on.

I've received a survey for all 5 ABDs we've taken. The consent form was in the packet with the travel agreement, flight info, etc. But I believe they dropped the consent form last year. Our ABD last year ended on 7/8 and I received an email with a link to the survey on 7/9.

Yep, we had the survey for our Baltics ABD arrive while we were on the Norway cruise (B2B).

I seem to recall that there is a limited response window, too.

I just got an email reply from an Executive Guest Correspondent. The email apologized for "any confusion" and said to "feel free to email us your comments." So, I'm not sure if I should have gotten a survey and did not or if they are selecting guests at random. Anyway, I'm going to reply with my thoughts. I really don't have any complaints, only suggestions, I was just expecting to receive a survey when we returned (given the relatively small number of guests and the price point, I would expect ALL ABD guests would be asked for their feedback).

We've done three ABDs and received surveys for all three. I recall on the first and second ones the guides mentioned it {the survey} a few times (they are very conscious of the feedback they receive).

I think the survey is a very important tool for them to gauge the satisfaction level of their customers. I have always given the highest marks to every aspect of the trips (with the exception of this year; I *strongly* suggested that they change the hotel in Uluru and expressed dissatisfaction at the time our bags arrived at the hotel in Freycinet -- they arrived after 10:30pm on a day when we had been since 4:30am and most of the other families had them on their return from dinner). I'm going to digress on Freycinet as the reason our bags were so late was that the guides had the lodge switching cabins (between 3 or 4 families) after dinner. Some families had 2 cabins that were quite far apart and asked to be put closer together. Since we had a two person cabin, we were one of the ancillary families that this affected (I guess we must've been in close proximity to one part of the separated families). As wonderful as our cabin was (it was really nice, with a new bathroom and window seat) I'm not sure if it was worth missing the sleep which my body was craving. I sincerely hope this issue was corrected with the second tour as it seemed like common sense to me to place families close together.

I sent my comments in, giving high praise to our guides as well as for the accommodations and food on our Germany trip (I felt like all were very good). I focused my feedback/suggestions on two things 1) the lack of an ABD-only tour at Neuschwanstein and 2) the lack of communication from ABD regarding the "status" of your trip in the weeks between final payment and departure (the whole "Will my trip be cancelled?" issue that has been discussed at length in other threads).

As much as I loved Neuschwanstein, when I reflected back on it, our experience there was really diminished because we had to share our tour with non-ABD guests. At this price point, and given all of the other "exclusive" excursions/tours on the trip, I was really disappointed that this tour was not ABD-only. Adding the non-ABD guests to the tour made it VERY crowded (we were packed into the rooms like sardines and could not move around to look at the beautiful decorations, finishes, etc. in the rooms). The additional people on our tour pretty much doubled the size of our group (we were a group of 24, and we toured the castle in a group of at least 40). This made it difficult to stay with the ABD group and keep an eye on our kiddos to make sure they didn't get separated. In addition, there was a lot of pushing and shoving by the non-ABD guests, as I guess they felt like they needed to be at the front of the group, nearest the tour guide. After a week of lovely VIP-type experiences, I did NOT appreciate the pushing and shoving! In fact, part of why I'm paying ABD to organize a trip like this is specifically to AVOID the pushing and shoving at the world's most popular tourist attractions. Arguably, the tour of Neuschwanstein is the highlight of that trip, and it was disappointing that it wasn't as exclusive as the other tours and activities.

Anyway, I've already gotten a response back from ABD. It was very polite, and I'm certain someone there is reading it. The email said my comments would be "carefully considered" by "leaders" who will "determine where any future enhancements might be necessary." I have a feeling that ABD has gotten a lot of feedback from guests recently, and I'm really hoping to see some positive changes between now and our next tour (Italy - Amalfi Coast in June 2016...obviously my "complaints" weren't serious enough to keep me from booking again).

We've done three ABDs and received surveys for all three. I recall on the first and second ones the guides mentioned it {the survey} a few times (they are very conscious of the feedback they receive).

I think the survey is a very important tool for them to gauge the satisfaction level of their customers. I have always given the highest marks to every aspect of the trips (with the exception of this year; I *strongly* suggested that they change the hotel in Uluru and expressed dissatisfaction at the time our bags arrived at the hotel in Freycinet -- they arrived after 10:30pm on a day when we had been since 4:30am and most of the other families had them on their return from dinner). I'm going to digress on Freycinet as the reason our bags were so late was that the guides had the lodge switching cabins (between 3 or 4 families) after dinner. Some families had 2 cabins that were quite far apart and asked to be put closer together. Since we had a two person cabin, we were one of the ancillary families that this affected (I guess we must've been in close proximity to one part of the separated families). As wonderful as our cabin was (it was really nice, with a new bathroom and window seat) I'm not sure if it was worth missing the sleep which my body was craving. I sincerely hope this issue was corrected with the second tour as it seemed like common sense to me to place families close together.

In the second tour, I don't remember any issues in Freycinet as far as families staying close together, and I want to say we had our luggage in our room after dinner. I too was very critical on the Uluru hotel in the review. I also mentioned a few of the meals that were unimpressive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter