Surprizing our new family of 6 with a Dec 2012 trip to WDW!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:30 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:
One month from right now we'll be in mid flight!!!!!!!!!!!

There are not too many Disney details to report...just feel like I am ready to burst waiting for it to get here. DBF is traveling alot this week...he just came back from Philly Sunday and is leaving tomorrow for DC. :sad2: But, we did take advantage of our one day off together yesterday, and took the kids into Boston...to the Public Garden and the Northend. We had alot of fun.
0F8675C0-3B37-45CB-AEB4-4C2C67693873-25238-000017439D930C26.jpg
88B4437F-708E-4DFF-B962-25241C80B99A-25238-000017439A32479B.jpg

This is the one pic I got of the kids...I love pics of the backs of their heads!:rotfl:
DDA7717A-42F3-440A-A975-E1B2697B2352-25238-00001744596E92AB.jpg

The only Disney related thing that we did do was we bought DD11 an outfit for MVMCP...I'm wondering if she is really going to wear it! The earrings light up and blink.
C2B257A3-F088-46F7-A90F-1D3716971C72-25238-000017446A4AF17B.jpg

There are not too many Disney details to report...just feel like I am ready to burst waiting for it to get here. DBF is traveling alot this week...he just came back from Philly Sunday and is leaving tomorrow for DC. :sad2: But, we did take advantage of our one day off together yesterday, and took the kids into Boston...to the Public Garden and the Northend. We had alot of fun.
th_0F8675C0-3B37-45CB-AEB4-4C2C67693873-25238-000017439D930C26.jpg
th_88B4437F-708E-4DFF-B962-25241C80B99A-25238-000017439A32479B.jpg

The only Disney related thing that we did do was we bought DD11 an outfit for MVMCP...I'm wondering if she is really going to wear it! The earrings light up and blink.
th_C2B257A3-F088-46F7-A90F-1D3716971C72-25238-000017446A4AF17B.jpg

Cute pic of the two of you. Looks like you're having lots of fun! Nice to be able to get away like that since he's gone so much lately.

I so hope your DD will wear that outfit! It is adorable and would fit right in for the party!::yes::

And yay for Mickey Mail!! :cool1:

Hi!! Super excited to read about your trip. I live just outside of Boston (near Gillette Stadium) and we will probably be at MCO at the same time heading back to BOS (I am on Delta leaving at 7:35p)
We will be at the MVMCP on the 11th!! Hope to see you there!! Congrats on booking your trip!

Cute pic of the two of you. Looks like you're having lots of fun! Nice to be able to get away like that since he's gone so much lately.

I so hope your DD will wear that outfit! It is adorable and would fit right in for the party!::yes::

And yay for Mickey Mail!! :cool1:

It is nice...he leaves again tomorrow morning and I am dreading it...only for two days. But, there is a chance he will be sent to NY/NJ for the next two weeks...so, I'm holding my breath and trying to enjoy any of the time we have together. We did have alot of fun yesterday. Boston Public Gardens is beautiful!

Hi!! Super excited to read about your trip. I live just outside of Boston (near Gillette Stadium) and we will probably be at MCO at the same time heading back to BOS (I am on Delta leaving at 7:35p)
We will be at the MVMCP on the 11th!! Hope to see you there!! Congrats on booking your trip!

What a small world!! Going to check to see if you have a PTR...if not would love to hear more details about your trip!! Stay dry and warm today...pretty gloomy day!

25 more days!!!! And guess who wanted to go ring shopping last night!!!!!!!!!!:love:

I'm still here, just caught up!!! So much to keep up on!

Loving all of your plans and pictures! Love how little E was in the pics with the chains, so cute!:lovestruc

Love the latest pics of you guys at the Gardens, how cute are you two?! And RING SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like someone could come home a engaged girl!!!:yay::hug::cloud9::wizard::love:

I'm still here, just caught up!!! So much to keep up on!

Loving all of your plans and pictures! Love how little E was in the pics with the chains, so cute!:lovestruc

Love the latest pics of you guys at the Gardens, how cute are you two?! And RING SHOPPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like someone could come home a engaged girl!!!:yay::hug::cloud9::wizard::love:
She was SO little!!! And...imagine??? I'd be a very happy girl!!:cheer2: We need to plan simultaneous trips...I'm up for 2013??

Thinking he already has something picked out?
We did pick one out!! He asked me what I like, awhile ago...before this trip was planned. We went last night...he said "I'm thinking that one." It was pretty similar to what I've told him I like. SOoooooo...we'll see! Crossing my fingers!!!:goodvibes

Hmmm, just how magical could this trip actually be? :bride:
Not sure that it could get more magical!pixiedust: Camping, Christmas, Disney...and forever, with the greatest man, I could ever ask for! Not sure what I did to get so lucky!

Lcaemom said:
She was SO little!!! And...imagine??? I'd be a very happy girl!!:cheer2: We need to plan simultaneous trips...I'm up for 2013??

We did pick one out!! He asked me what I like, awhile ago...before this trip was planned. We went last night...he said "I'm thinking that one." It was pretty similar to what I've told him I like. SOoooooo...we'll see! Crossing my fingers!!!:goodvibes

Not sure that it could get more magical!pixiedust: Camping, Christmas, Disney...and forever, with the greatest man, I could ever ask for! Not sure what I did to get so lucky!

:goodvibes: good luck! It looks like both your families make one beautiful family :)

Howdy There! Just got caught up on your PTR, love hearing about trips that come together so quickly. And so great that your new family gets to come together under such special circumstances :goodvibes

The travel time looks good, especially to get away from that winter weather. Good luck as you try to get more of those ADRs set, I'm still trying to land at least one more myself.

Love the pics of the fam and the past WDW trips. And very funny how your kids knew as soon as DBF spoke up that you were going down there. Only 22 more days - w00t! :cool1:

So Lcaemom, I'm all over my ups and downs about rescheduling our trip and have decided to live vicariously through your trip until ours comes around!

This is a lot of responsibility you understand... My need for a Disney fix having been delayed, you will be responsible for posting every single iddy biddy detail of your planning and trip so that I may glimpse Disney while I wait.

You have been so informed... carry on...

:goodvibes: good luck! It looks like both your families make one beautiful family :)
Thank you for your kind words!:goodvibes

Howdy There! Just got caught up on your PTR, love hearing about trips that come together so quickly. And so great that your new family gets to come together under such special circumstances :goodvibes

The travel time looks good, especially to get away from that winter weather. Good luck as you try to get more of those ADRs set, I'm still trying to land at least one more myself.

Love the pics of the fam and the past WDW trips. And very funny how your kids knew as soon as DBF spoke up that you were going down there. Only 22 more days - w00t! :cool1:
Thank you for joining me in our planning...the more the merrier! I don't think that it has set in...even now, that we are going! Going to check to see if you have a PTR, too. Good luck with all of your remaining ADRs.
So Lcaemom, I'm all over my ups and downs about rescheduling our trip and have decided to live vicariously through your trip until ours comes around!

This is a lot of responsibility you understand... My need for a Disney fix having been delayed, you will be responsible for posting every single iddy biddy detail of your planning and trip so that I may glimpse Disney while I wait.

You have been so informed... carry on...
I have to tell you, I was genuinely so sad to hear about your plans!:sad: I felt so bad! But, I am so happy to hear that things will work for NEW plans!:thumbsup2 So, for now I will do the honor of getting you that Disney-fix...tough shoes to fill but, I promise to do my best!pixiedust: And I'll be following along with all of your plans...our roles will reverse and you will have to do the same. Deal?

Hi! So glad to hear that you and the girls are doing well! It's been ages since I've been on the boards - kind of lost interest/was jealous of everyone planning trips when we decided to skip this year but now that we're discussing a trip for next year I'll be back on here more often! So happy that I came across your PTR. I bet you guys will have so much fun together as a family of 6 in Disney. Can't wait to follow along with your planning!

Hi! So glad to hear that you and the girls are doing well! It's been ages since I've been on the boards - kind of lost interest/was jealous of everyone planning trips when we decided to skip this year but now that we're discussing a trip for next year I'll be back on here more often! So happy that I came across your PTR. I bet you guys will have so much fun together as a family of 6 in Disney. Can't wait to follow along with your planning!

OMG Melissa, I'm so glad you found me!!! How old is your baby, now? I hope all is well! I see that you had a 2010 trip to GF.:cloud9: I hope you are enjoying your DVC.
Yes, the girls and I are very well! It has been a rough 4 years...but, amazing how things can turn out. So excited for this trip!:banana:

It's been a crazy, busy week with work, we put up the tree...our first tree, all together...that was hard for DSS, he hadn't seen some of the ornaments from his childhood since he was a little. (Long story but, it brought up some unanticipated sadness for him and DBF.) Blended families can be great and things are...MOST of the time. I know that there will be many issues that we will face with blending two families but, who would've thought that tree trimming could be the thing to invoke unresolved issues. We have our family ornaments...they have theirs'...we have agreed that in years to come, we will have "ours." Stockings became another issue...DSS expects that "Dad's" stocking will hang on the mantle...my girls expect that "Mom's" will, too...however, my girls have a "Dad" and they were sad that hanging a stocking that said "Dad" that wasn't "Dad" was disrespectful and hurtful to their Dad. There are some days, that we are hit with the reality that blending two families is not always easy. In short, the tree is up and we all agree it looks beautiful.
On to Thanksgiving. After working in the AM, I took the girls to do what we always do...dinner at my parents. DBF took DSS to his parent's house.:sad2: It's hard to say to any of the kids that we are going to change any tradition that they have always known, in order to accomodate DBF and I. So our plan this year was to not plan to spend the day together but, to do what we have always done, in the past. We did meet back up, after dinner for coffee and dessert and to watch Christmas Vacation with my family...always so funny.:rotfl: Every year we have alot of laughs, while we recite every line to that movie. There have been some growing pains over the last few days but, when we all went to bed last night...DBF and I agreed that little by little we will create OUR own holiday traditions. Families are built on foundation...and it will take time to build ours. Up next, Christmas...:confused3
On the Disney front...13 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called and pre-ordered PhotoPassPlus. And that's about it.:scared1: Starting to feel a little panicky about this trip creeping up so fast. However, I am off from work until Thursday....hoping to iron out MVMCP, doggie daycare, find a suitcase for me, revisit some ADRs (Ohana and now Raglan Rose...Yummm, read a review about that!) and reconsider the hopper idea...I just really want to be able to hop and not feel so locked in with base tix, like I do now. Also, need to plan for DD1's bday...Thursday, she will turn 17!:scared1: I have started Christmas shopping and have wondered why I haven't spent more time on Amazon.com...there are many packages to be delivered this week from the many things I have ordered. After spending some time at the mall on Saturday, I have to wonder why I would ever go back there, when I can sit here in my pjs and slippers...point and click!:surfweb:
I think that's it for now...

It is always hard to find just that right blend for family traditions. Doubly hard when the kids are a bit older. You are doing the right thing in remaining sensitive to their emotional needs during the holidays. It will get progressively easier. I think mostly the older ones just want to know that you aren't expecting to "replace" their missing parent. Good job off treading softly!

You don't have to decide now about the hoppers, you can add them at any time once you get there if necessary. The sooner the better, though. DH and I always get the hoppers for just the reason you indicated. We want to be able to hop if one park gets crowded and we don't necessarily want to stay at the park we have ADRs in. And we have found that hopping does not take up a lot of our time. But it's not for everyone.

It's very exciting to think you may be getting a ring while at Disney!! That certainly would give new meaning the the word Magical!!

We leave in 2 days and I'm so excited! We eat dinner at BOG our first day there and I can't wait to experience that. Hope all your plans continue to come together and that you have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter