Surprising the Kids with a NYE Trip! Jan '16 PTR (Update 12/29 We're off! See ya in 10 days!)

:bday:

AND HAPPY 3 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

It's 80 degrees in my office right now, the A/C is busted. I'm sweating. Your 23 degrees sounds AMAZING to me right now!!! :rotfl:

Thank you! Oh man, 23 can feel pretty miserable but I got an electric blanket for my birthday so I'm super happy & cozy! I guess we always want what we can't have!

Hey... question... we don't have humidity here. Does 67 degrees feel super cold because of humidity? Just trying to figure out what to pack & weather report says a couple days will be in the high 60's. In the NW 67 is swimming weather! Lol!

Hey... question... we don't have humidity here. Does 67 degrees feel super cold because of humidity? Just trying to figure out what to pack & weather report says a couple days will be in the high 60's. In the NW 67 is swimming weather! Lol!
I would bring a light jacket. You'll be fine. :thumbsup2

Hmmmmmm...... just noticed my ticker's all messed up. It must think I'm going again in next year! I wish!!

Real count down: 1.75 days!!

Wow - so close! I'm glad your surprise went off without a hitch. I'm trying not to put too much stock in the weather until we closer to our travel dates. Last time in January, 65 sounded like heaven compared to the 20ish weather we left. But by mid-week, it felt chilly to us. I agree, though, a light jacket should do.

I'm thrilled that the surprise was a big success!!!

I can't believe your trip is in just TWO MORE DAYS... so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it when you return! HAVE A FABULOUS AND WONDERFUL TIME!!!

Wow - so close! I'm glad your surprise went off without a hitch. I'm trying not to put too much stock in the weather until we closer to our travel dates. Last time in January, 65 sounded like heaven compared to the 20ish weather we left. But by mid-week, it felt chilly to us. I agree, though, a light jacket should do.

Thank you! I know what you mean about weather. Accu weather changes its forecast every single day! It's supposed to be 86 when we land tomorrow, then another day in the 80's, then 70's, then do down to the 60's with some rain, then back up in the 70's for thexample last couple days. I guess we'll see!

I'm thrilled that the surprise was a big success!!!

I can't believe your trip is in just TWO MORE DAYS... so exciting! I can't wait to hear all about it when you return! HAVE A FABULOUS AND WONDERFUL TIME!!!

Thank you SO much! We're very excited!

:jumping1:We leave in 13 hours!!:jumping1:

We're pretty much packed. It's getting tricky with Eric's San Antonio leg of the trip. He packed our small checked suticase full of his clothes and doesn't want to repack but forgot that we can't carry on our toiletries. I've got full size hair products I can't live without! (#curlyhairproblems) Plus contact solution, lotion, sunscreen, toothpaste... there's no way we could get away with little travel sized stuff. I don't know what he'says thinking. (#hesgonnahavetorepack)

The dog will be dropped off at her old foster family's place. She'll love that. They have two dogs of their own plus they're fostering two more puppies. They have an enormous fenced yard and will totally spoil her rotten so she's basically going to Doggie Disney World. :dog2:

My mother in law will pick us up around 6:00 tonight. It's a short 30 minute drive to the airport, check in, maybe grab a snack then we're off! Our flight is at 7:55 pm and we'll land in Orlando around 6:30 am. (3:30 am our time. Brutal!!) BUT if all goes well, in about 24 hours from now we'll be riding Big Thunder Mountain! I can hardly believe it!

I dumped 1200 photos & videos from my phone last night so I'm ready to be all up in my family's face for the next 8 days! Lol! Still debating on whether or not to bring my "big" camera. I'm leaning toward yes. I don't want to regret not bringing it.

Okay, enough rambling. I'll update when we get back! :flower1:

Have fun! Get to the parks early. There's been staged closures at MK!

Thank you!! I saw that! We expected closures especially for 12/30 & 12/31 so we've planned early mornings (rope drop), long afternoon break, then late nights. Hopefully we can get back in late evening but if not, move on to plan B!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter