Surprising the kids/shoe question for teens

mamahas5

Mouseketeer
We're surprising our kids for our trip in July and the one thing I'm worrying about is the shoes to pack for them. Since they won't know we're going until the day before, I'm not sure what to do for shoes for them. Brand new shoes would clearly be a bad idea but my older girls (13 and 11) don't usually wear supportive shoes that would be good for walking a lot.

Try Keens or Tevas. I usually do fine in the parks in either super comfy flip flops ( like sanuk yoga mats or Tevas mush). Or broken in bobs or toms. Teens love toms since they are super trendy.

I love my broken in croc flip flops. I have new Sanuks shoes(not flip flops) but they are not doing to well in the breaking in process. I'm afraid they will rub blisters and make my feet sweat which is why I had wearing the tennis shoes and socks. I think I will start the morning in the tennis shoes but switch to the crocs for the hot part of the afternoon. For the plane I will be wearing socks and my new Sanuks. Socks are a MUST for going through security where you have to take your shoes off. God only knows what is on the floor in that area. Crocs or Sanuks are off and back on.

mamahas5 said:
We're surprising our kids for our trip in July and the one thing I'm worrying about is the shoes to pack for them. Since they won't know we're going until the day before, I'm not sure what to do for shoes for them. Brand new shoes would clearly be a bad idea but my older girls (13 and 11) don't usually wear supportive shoes that would be good for walking a lot.

Maybe you could get them new shoes for "summer" so as not to spoil the surprise. Then they could be wearing them in advance of the trip so they'd be a little broken in.

smittette said:
Maybe you could get them new shoes for "summer" so as not to spoil the surprise. Then they could be wearing them in advance of the trip so they'd be a little broken in.

^This^ Just trying something new for the summer.

I third this. My two don't know about our trip in 3 weeks, but I usually buy each child some new shoes around spring anyway, so no one is suspicious. Last month, I got my son some of the light and comfortable New Balance sneakers and I got daughter some of those super light and comfortable Sketchers. She's worn Sketchers on previous trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter