Surprising my wife with a cruise for her birthday.

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by SurpriseDW4Her BD, Nov 9, 2012.

1. dbarker

dbarker DIS Veteran

This is so fabulous. I can't wait for the next clues.

I'm pretty sure it's not me. My b-day is in April.

I do like the idea of paying w/ Disney GCs. That would hide the transactions from his DW.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimbo71

Kimbo71 Mouseketeer

How fun! When are you going to tell her?
    (We will be on the same cruise!)

4. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

how exciting! Can't wait to see how this plays out

5. samily

samily DIS Veteran

We are booked on this cruise too, so it's not my DH! Our kids have Presidents week off from school, so it's possible they're from the northeast...

What a fun surprise, can't wait to hear how your surprise goes and we will see you on board!

6. sica1799

sica1799 Mouseketeer

<---birthday Nov 17....IM OUT :sad:

p.s. she's gonna love you soooo much.

7. SurpriseDW4Her BD

SurpriseDW4Her BD Earning My Ears

Good Monday morning guys! :surfweb:

Made it through the weekend without being confronted. :duck:

Nope... I'm an only child... sorry. :cool2:

I think I'm the lucky one. :lovestruc

We share our DIS account.

If it all plays out I will get it on video....

Nope.. sorry... Midwest... not Texas...

Love the smiley's... :goodvibes Post college educated... and still can't spell worth a crap. :headache: Thank goodness I'm not an english teacher... popcorn::

That is how we kinda normally do it... but not how I am doing it this time.

Before 2013...

We don't have the entire week... just a a few days... So I'm hoping it will work out. Yep both kids are school age. :listen:

And I'm not Ben or Chris... :upsidedow

8. SurpriseDW4Her BD

:cool1: Made another payment this AM. Only one more payment to go. :scared:

Thank goodness for busy schedules! This means very little together time for me to look like a guilty man! :smokin: I can't keep a secret for nothing. So thanks to everyone for letting me "spill the beans" on DIS. :grouphug:

I asked the kids what I should get mom for her birthday... I got a unanimous jewelry from both... So we might work that into mix some how...:confused3

9. TinksMomma

TinksMomma Mouseketeer

How about something DCL? They make a pandora DCL charm :)

10. SnipsNSnails

SnipsNSnails DIS Veteran

How fun! I know it's not me because we are already booked on the same cruise but unfortunately my DH can't come with us because he can't get time off so the boys and I are sailing with my parents. Otherwise, I would have been praying it was me since my birthday is in Jan and this cruise is when my son has some time off school. Can't wait to hear more!

11. wannagoback

wannagoback <font color=blue>Broke them in before the trip<br>

I canceled my cruise but have still been checking this board to follow your post. Can't wait for updates!!

12. DesertGal

DesertGal Mouseketeer

Saddest words ever (canceled my cruise). I'm thinking that may be us for our thanksgiving 2014 BTB

13. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

Any updates or more hints?

14. usafvet

usafvet Earning My Ears

This is awesome! Youtube "Christmas disney surprise" to get some ideas on how to surprise your wife. Very heart warming stuff there.

15. SurpriseDW4Her BD

Hello DIS board.. :love:

Things are going along just fine... I have one more payment and the cruise is paid for... :cool1:

I am telling her Dec 1,,, That is not DW birthday... but I have a plan.;)

Dear DW...

I am pretty sure you have not found this thread yet. If you have your sure are being very tight lipped about it. :rolleyes1

After the weekend we just had I can only wish that this vacation was this Friday instead of Feb 15. Being sick flat out sucks.. :sick:

Love you always..

Your DH

16. loucks96

loucks96 Earning My Ears

<3 this how sweet!! Lucky girl! (Not that I'm not a lucky girl!!) Nice to kind of get to be part of your surprise in a way!!

17. Ccann

Ccann Mouseketeer

Very cool! I just read your posts to my DH!! Hoping he surprises me either with WDW or a DCL.......

18. luv that cruise

luv that cruise <font color=royalblue>Someone give me instructions

I am on the cruise now if you want to go with the pandora ideas proposed by someone else on this thread. But I only have 3 more days and hate to anti-dcl but internet not so great here. I think there are a few exclusive DCL beads so let me know if you'd like me to get one or more for you. I'll check my PM account later tonight and if the internet gods are cooperating perhaps I can help you out if you are interested.

19. SurpriseDW4Her BD

We found a necklace... DS thinks he is being super secret and finding out about a necklace that she saw at a party thrown by a friend. You would think he is 007 by the way he is trying to draw information out of DW.

Thx for the idea though.

Sorry to hear you canceled.. We had to cancel an Easter cruise many years ago due to DS getting pnemonea.

I'm really starting to sprinkle in the hints today. Feeling a little bold? :upsidedow

Gonna try my hardest to get a video of this. ::yes::

Glad to share with you guys... :crowded:

I hope he does too!! pixiedust:

Thank you! But I think I have it...

With DS on a mission to supposedly get this necklace order form from DW.. It is all working out pretty well, I think. I am pretty sure DW thinks she is getting this necklace.. even though my DS thinks he is being super sneaky... he ain't. :lmao: So DW will give DS the order info for me to supposedly get the necklace she wants. :stir:

20. GatorMomInNC

GatorMomInNC DIS Veteran

You know if she is reading this, with all the necklace details, you are blowing the whole thing!!!!!!!:eek::eek:

21. All Things Simba

All Things Simba Can't stop taking photographs!

Here's a way to surprise her... hide a treasure box with clues in it and have her go on a treasure hunt to find it. We surprised my DH this way for our Jan. 2009 cruise. I made up a traditional treasure hunt throughout the house that eventually lead to the trunk of a car. The treasure box (one from a theme store) held chocolate gold doubloons in it along with cardboard coins that had sayings on them with hints... like... "flip flops" "tropical breezes" "St. Thomas" "Konk Koolers" "7 nights" etc. When the lid was lifted a letter popped up to say "Surprise! You are going on a fabulous 7-night Eastern Caribbean cruise!" Our entire family was in on it and so was his boss so that I could get him off work. I do the finances so that part wasn't hard. Plus I'm a saver when it comes to vacations!

Have fun with however you surprise her! :rotfl: