Surprising kids with resort..

3DisneyBuggs

DIS Veteran
I couldnt keep our trip a secret so decided to make the resort a surprise. My kids are 14 7 and 9. They think we are staying at POR. We stayed at the Poly when DD was 4 and they loved it. Any special ideas oother than showing up at the Poly for check in- LOL

When I was a kid my mom did this at Universal and told us that we were only going to look around the hotel and that we were going to walk to the resort that she told us we were staying at. Once my dad checked us in he told us that he convinced the front counter to give us a room key to see what a room was like there. We went and looked in the room and took all of our stuff back out and thats when my mom told us that indeed we were staying there. The only problem was my dad had accidentally locked all of our room keys in the room.

My plan is to drive up to the Residence Inn where we usually stay, then casually say to dh, "Oh, it's too early to check-in yet - let's drive around WDW".

Then we'll pull up to the Contemporary and I'll turn around and give her a card that I'm going to make with CR clip art that says, "Happy 16th Birthday and welcome to the Contemporary Resort. Your room awaits you." pixiedust:

3DisneyBuggs said:
I couldnt keep our trip a secret so decided to make the resort a surprise. My kids are 14 7 and 9. They think we are staying at POR. We stayed at the Poly when DD was 4 and they loved it. Any special ideas oother than showing up at the Poly for check in- LOL

You could tell them it's too early to check into POR, and how about everyone heads to Poly for a dole whip? Then once you're there and everyone has talked about how much fun they had last time and wished they were staying there again, pop the surprise!

The surprise is always one of the more exciting parts.

The card that says Happy 16th Birthday is a great idea.

Poor Dad must have felt horrible for leaving all the key cards in the room, however, that was a clever way to surprise the kids.

Excited to surprise my boys when they get just a little older.

Have a great day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter