Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Hahaha, that's so cute of Parker. Did I close my eyes last night? Hysterical.

Nice Daddy knowing all the short cuts. :thumbsup2

Awesome meet and greet with Buzz and Woody. Noelle definitely looked cautious. But you know, meeting giant plastic people tends to do that to tiny ones.

Mommy is always the trump card for all kids. But the two of the kids walking together....priceless.

FauntleroyFAN07 said:
:welcome: along for the ride, glad you found us.
you can ignore glenns he wont mind.:rolleyes1

I'm watching you!

Great pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes Dan.

Great update and pics.

Looks like a fun time in DHS.

Cute halloween costumes.

Love! Love! Love the hand holding pictures. :goodvibes :love:

You certainly need to frame the one of the kiddos, I think I may have even said that when you posted it on FB. :)

Got a letter from Jordy and I'm so happy to hear he's doing so well. I have my Thanksgiving cards sitting out to remind me to send one out to him and others.

The kids are adorable in their costumes for Halloween. I especially love Noelle's cheesy smile she now does on que!! :laughing: I hope it's a start to her silly personality she's starting to show. ::yes::

Can't wait to read more, Dan. :thumbsup2

Yes, we just went on our first in September. I waited way too long. I know that. The kids 6, 10, and 13 had the best time ever. I let the older two go to their clubs but we only did open house visits (where we could all go) in the Oceaneers club. I didn't feel right leaving him there. (I'm way too overprotective) Only my oldest had sailed prior to the DCL cruise. ALL of them want to go back, like right now. The good thing about the DCL ships...characters flood them! If you like those photo ops and meet n greets, that alone is worth going. The prices right now are unreal too. Lowest I have ever seen. I hope they are like that next year this time because we will definitely go again. I haven't gotten very far into my TR's yet, but they are (will be) loaded with pictures if you want to check it out. Your family loves Disney like we do, so I know you would have a super time!

Love the kids costumes. They are so cute. (And the bag....that's a nice Mickey bag.) I bet you guys got that baby packed slam full!

How cute! Love the costumes! I am partial to buzz and Cinderella though because that is my kids fav.

Love that Noelle can smile on cue...how cute!
thanks, hard to pick this year, they had a few good ones...luckily they have a few events to change and wear them all.

Great pictures...thanks for sharing.
thanks kathy, the bears one is really cute.

our jc penny picture place, the lady there gave candi another bears cheerleader costume for next year because she like noelle in this years one...she said she was looking for someone to give it to and happy to see noelle aready in one.

Cute costumes. :cheer2:

I hope the kids had fun and enjoyed the evening

they had a blast until the sun went down and it started to get cold then they wanted to head home.

Hahaha, that's so cute of Parker. Did I close my eyes last night? Hysterical.

Nice Daddy knowing all the short cuts. :thumbsup2

Awesome meet and greet with Buzz and Woody. Noelle definitely looked cautious. But you know, meeting giant plastic people tends to do that to tiny ones.

Mommy is always the trump card for all kids. But the two of the kids walking together....priceless.
short cuts are what dads do best...most of the time.:lmao:

very true, you sometimes wonder why dont they like them, or scared of them, but then they are much bigger than the 10 inch toy they have of them at home.:) she did really good though.

I'm watching you!

Great pictures of the kids in their Halloween costumes Dan.
opps :rolleyes1 thanks glenn

Great update and pics.

Looks like a fun time in DHS.

Cute halloween costumes.
thanks scott, did you dress up?

Love! Love! Love the hand holding pictures. :goodvibes :love:

You certainly need to frame the one of the kiddos, I think I may have even said that when you posted it on FB. :)

Got a letter from Jordy and I'm so happy to hear he's doing so well. I have my Thanksgiving cards sitting out to remind me to send one out to him and others.

The kids are adorable in their costumes for Halloween. I especially love Noelle's cheesy smile she now does on que!! :laughing: I hope it's a start to her silly personality she's starting to show. ::yes::

Can't wait to read more, Dan. :thumbsup2
its in the plan to print it and frame it in a brother sister one we have.

i know he gave me his email address to send him a message back i just need to do it.

her personality is coming through big time, i thought parker and me were the cheese balls of the family, im thinking she got a double dose and will trump both of us put together...the things she already does i wish i thought of.::yes::

Yes, we just went on our first in September. I waited way too long. I know that. The kids 6, 10, and 13 had the best time ever. I let the older two go to their clubs but we only did open house visits (where we could all go) in the Oceaneers club. I didn't feel right leaving him there. (I'm way too overprotective) Only my oldest had sailed prior to the DCL cruise. ALL of them want to go back, like right now. The good thing about the DCL ships...characters flood them! If you like those photo ops and meet n greets, that alone is worth going. The prices right now are unreal too. Lowest I have ever seen. I hope they are like that next year this time because we will definitely go again. I haven't gotten very far into my TR's yet, but they are (will be) loaded with pictures if you want to check it out. Your family loves Disney like we do, so I know you would have a super time!

Love the kids costumes. They are so cute. (And the bag....that's a nice Mickey bag.) I bet you guys got that baby packed slam full!
i was wondering if you had a TR going then i saw it in your signature, have it open to try and catch up today.

i think i would be somewhat the same way about hte clubs...

with there latest sandy cruise sea rocking im sure the prices will stay low for a little bit.

:thumbsup2 it was the disney store bags they sell there.

Continuing on the day,

Trying to see all the shows you want at MGM is something that takes a little bit of skill, you need to plan where to be and when and when you might want to eat and so forth to try and leave room for things to do that are not scheduled show times and if you have to fit them in around this or that.

Our first scheduled show time that we were going to hit would be Disney Junior.

DSC03949.jpg

parker was thrilled to see the new jake additions that were added.
DSC03951.jpg

we timed it perfectly to get there about 10 minutes before show time when they would be letting people in.

Parked the stroller and were off, if you know nothing about the show it is all the Disney junior main shows, mickey clubhouse, little ensteins, handy manny, and jake which took over the pooh and friends spot.

Parker must spot something he likes.

DSC03964.jpg

his good buddy jake was up on stage.
DSC03966.jpg

get out those spy scopes kids.
DSC03968.jpg

it was about 11 when the show was over, since we just had a small breakfast in the room we were starting to get hungry and wanted to beat the lunch crowd...

Before we left we saw they changed the menu at the Backlot...which was our favorite lunch location in the park, so that was out, Pizza planet was on the agenda for dinner so that was out, we didnt want anything along Hollywood Blvd. so that left a new restaurant that we wanted to try ABC Commissary.

DSC03978.jpg

Going around the table, we had a burger for parker, for me why decide between the fish OR shrimp basket when you can have both together.
Candi went with the grilled chicken sandwich.

noelle had everyone lunch. she will eat anything so didnt care what we ordered.

i have to say we all really enjoyed our lunch.

i loved my mine, the fish and shrimp were perfect and tasted great. will be back in the future for sure as long as the keep the menu.

someone could not figure out how to drink from a straw the normal way so opted for the beer bong style approach.
DSC07226.jpg

After lunch it was time to squeeze in a little character time before we did our next activity.

So we headed over to see Mickey mouse.
Noelle lost the leggings and was ready to sprint out of the blocks.
DSC07228.jpg

In the past you had to wait in the line to see the Mushu drawing thing which needs changed so we always go in the in the exit through the store. Well came to find out that they have another door open there now that you can bypass the show and just go see the characters.

we still went through the exit and did parkers first vinylmation trading of the trip.
DSC07229.jpg

he always thought he had to trade it away, so when he found a good one we actually kept it from him and gave him another one we didnt want.

we skipped everyone else and went right to mickeys line.
DSC03984.jpg

when it was our turn the CM working let me come into the rope area before parker and wait to get his reaction because she knew he was excited.

was it a good one....

you bet it was
Photo0201FourBySix.jpg

he held this pose for pretty much 30 seconds, he was hugging mickey so tight that he did not want to let go...i looked over at candi and she had the happy tears that she did when she found out our resort but was even more so this time because it was for her son and she could see how happy it made him to be with mickey and just have his moment.

when he finally let go it was time for an autograph.
DSC03986.jpg

Photo0205FourBySix.jpg

noelle did come to get her book signed but wanted mommy to hold her.
Photo0207FourBySix.jpg

his eyes crack me up in this one.
Photo0209FourBySix.jpg

Photo0211FourBySix.jpg

parker let the rest of us come into a picture after he had his time with mickey.

Photo0220FourBySix.jpg

and noelle must have thought he was okay because she finally stopped the im not sure about you stare down of mickey and looked at the camera.
Photo0225FourBySix.jpg

when we were done parker was still looking at mickey with a im not sure i want to leave type expression lets hang out.

so i asked him if he wanted to give mickey another hug and he ran and pretty much threw himself at mickey.

i really liked this image that we added to the photopass it just sums up the picture and the experience we had.
Photo0229FourBySix.jpg

when we walked out of line, me and candi looked at each other and had the same look of that already made the trip worth it.

i can neither confirm nor deny that if we talked about i would have gotten choked up with how happy parker was to meet mickey.

:rolleyes1

hope you guys enjoyed the update, have a great weekend.

I'm following along on this trip report! It's so much fun to share your love of Disney with your kids, isn't it? Parker was so cute meeting Mickey. My son was 2 when he met Woody and he didn't want to stop hugging him. I gotta say..Parker looks exactly like you but I'm sure you hear that all the time. Can't wait to read more about your trip!

I can neither confirm nor deny that your last picture of Parker did or did not bring tears to my eyes.

Nice deathgrip!

That's what trips, and dreams are made of. Right there. In that picture.

I was going to say exactly what eandesmom said! How awesome!

Totally makes every penny spent with it when you see that! No wonder why Disney is so addicting, you would love to see that smile all the time.

i can neither confirm nor deny that if we talked about i would have gotten choked up with how happy parker was to meet mickey.

Add me to list neither confirming or denying.:rolleyes1

Excuse any typos as I am wiping my eyes with one hand and typing with the other.

THAT is the Disney MAGIC we all love. :goodvibes

Forgot to mention our 1 trip to ABC was not good, but I think the fish and shrimp will get me to try it again!! As I recall it was the rolls for the hamburgers that were awful, they like disintegrated , but fish and shrimp is my kinda meal and the place has AC !!!!!

Not like your kids can get any cuter, and then you throw these pictures in there! Isn't it wonderful to see their faces light up, and seeing Parker loving on Mickey so much...........

Need to get some sleep! My eyes are tired and starting to water...... :goodvibes

First, I have to say that you are the first person I have ever heard of that liked ABC Commissary for food. :crazy2:

You already know that I think your kids are adorable...I've met them in person. But those pictures are priceless.

And I am confirming right now and here that I am sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes.

That there is exactly what Disney is all about.

First, I have to say that you are the first person I have ever heard of that liked ABC Commissary for food. :crazy2:

You already know that I think your kids are adorable...I've met them in person. But those pictures are priceless.

And I am confirming right now and here that I am sitting here typing this with tears in my eyes.

That there is exactly what Disney is all about.

Kathy I was thinking the same thing about ABC, but that shrimp and fish does sound good !!!

Great interaction with Mickey Mouse. Parker looked so happy pixiedust:

We tried abc commissary one year on a whim and loved it :thumbsup2

Forgot to comment I think on Halloween post. They looked great :goodvibes

The pic with Parker and Mickey and his eyes are looking at Mickey is priceless. You should frame it.

Great update and pics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter