Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

The tiki umbrellas are a nice touch. :thumbsup2

Looks like great seats and a good time!

This assumes that you can hit it where you're aiming.:rolleyes1

Looks like you got your best features!

Nice work fellas!

the kids liked the tiki umbrellas as well, the second night we lit it for the rest of the cake, we almost burned down the umbrellas but parker pointed it out before it went up

ohh of course the ball always goes where i am it.:rolleyes1

Where did you go camping?

Love the golf pics. Looks like Noelle had a lot of fun :rotfl2:

in michigan we go to south haven and camp there.
otherwise the other places are state parks in indiana

Looks like Candi had a great birthday, and it looks as if you had a great time at the Blake Shelton concert (our oldest went Saturday night in Chicago and they had a blast!).

I really think we need to squeeze in a round of mini-golf this trip...I've missed not going.

I would strongly suggest you NOT take a self-family portrait again. :rotfl2::rotfl2: But at least you got the two good looking ones in the pic. ;)

we had a blast at the concert, that was the one we went to...where were his seats?

yep as you said i got the cutest ones in the picture.;)

Bribing is good. LOL
The early hours of… LOL
Sounds like fun at Blizzard Beach.
Ooh mini golf, love it.
Wow your seats for the concert were close.
Love the family portrait. ROTF
Looks like a fun time golfing.

thanks for reading scott, hope things are going good with you.

no one is above bribery.
:thumbsup2

Totally random :offtopic:
I'm in the middle of reading your trip report (pg 44 to be exact) ... (little behind!)

BUT, I just read your "real life intermission" when you guys went to the state park, I LOVE THAT PARK! I've been twice (my boyfriend's family has been going for many many many many years!)
We always camp, but i've wanted to stay at that inn!!
And I'd be terrified to hike those trails when there's ice... :scared:

Well, back to reading your TR!!
not a problem, thanks for reading along, and :welcome:

we usually go turkey run in the fall each year, but took the last few years off there...we enjoy that park a bunch, and the inn is alot of fun, although we like the one at pokagon alot more...

it was a little scary with all the ice, but i was glad we did it.

Thanks for PM'ing me the info on the necklace! I hope you enjoyed your time camping at the Big Mac - I LOVE it up there! We normally camp along the west side of the state with our favorite campground being Duck Creek RV Resort, which just so happens to be right across from Michigan Adventure! We've done Ludington also this summer and stayed at Vacation Station. I have tried, but have not been successful, to try to get camping reservations at Holland State Park so I am hoping I'll have luck yet this year! Enjoy the rest of your camping season!

your welcome...glad i could help.

we had a blast at mackinaw, it is such a fun place to visit.

never really camped that far up in the state, we usually just go to south haven, we have been up there 4 times this summer already.

we used to camp at holland when i was little now we found a great spot in south haven.

Nice update! The Blake Shelton concert looks like a lot of fun, and nice birthday celebration for Candi! :goodvibes

WinterSummerland looks like a lot of fun, and some of those holes are pretty neat. :thumbsup2 I guess we need to have a little friendly competition there sometime! ::yes::

in michigan we go to south haven and camp there.
otherwise the other places are state parks in indiana

I went to Western Michigan University, you would think I would have been to South Haven more one time. But the one summer I spent in Kalamazoo I only spent one beach day there.

They are cheap...they had lawn seats. :)
haha...im sure any seat in there was good, he put on a great show thats for sure.

Nice update! The Blake Shelton concert looks like a lot of fun, and nice birthday celebration for Candi! :goodvibes

WinterSummerland looks like a lot of fun, and some of those holes are pretty neat. :thumbsup2 I guess we need to have a little friendly competition there sometime! ::yes::
thanks marv, it was a blast...good show.

thats for sure, make it happen, you know when im going so the ball is in your court.:thumbsup2

I went to Western Michigan University, you would think I would have been to South Haven more one time. But the one summer I spent in Kalamazoo I only spent one beach day there.

ahh i see, we really enjoy that place, alot of fun and lots to do.

and if you just want to relax at the beach a fun place for that...PM me if you want info where we stay.

ahh i see, we really enjoy that place, alot of fun and lots to do.

and if you just want to relax at the beach a fun place for that...PM me if you want info where we stay.

Will do. DH has been looking at jobs in Detroit since DS was born. We are hoping that something happens soon that we can get back home!

Just finished reading this whole TR!! Love it! Parker and Noelle are adorable!!! I love your 'real life updates' as well!!

Will do. DH has been looking at jobs in Detroit since DS was born. We are hoping that something happens soon that we can get back home!
hope something works out for you guys

Just finished reading this whole TR!! Love it! Parker and Noelle are adorable!!! I love your 'real life updates' as well!!

:welcome: thanks for taking the time to read them all and catch up.:)

Court? I think that is a whole different sport there........... ;)

well if you want we can throw a tennis match in there as well, or basketball, whatever you like my friend.

So, after being gone from the DIS for quite awhile, I'm back and have caught up on your TR!! I love reading about how much fun you all had, but am definitely sorry to read that Parker was sick a couple days! It was good to read he recovered quickly!

The sing along with Chip and Dale at Fort Wilderness, is that a nightly thing, do you know? Thinking that may be something we need to check out when we're there next month! Our little one would love it! We have a Hoop Dee Doo reservation one night so we'll be in the area!

That was a mighty fine looking pearl your wife got at the pick a pearl!! That's my husband's favorite thing to do in World Showcase! He would spend hours there if he could! The necklace is really pretty, as well!! I think it's so sweet you gave it to her before your trip so she could get a pearl for it!!

There was more I wanted to comment on, but I read so much I can't remember what all I wanted to say!! :guilty: Looking forward to more though!!

Just wanted to say Happy Donald Duck Day !!!

Saw it on FB:))

So, after being gone from the DIS for quite awhile, I'm back and have caught up on your TR!! I love reading about how much fun you all had, but am definitely sorry to read that Parker was sick a couple days! It was good to read he recovered quickly!

The sing along with Chip and Dale at Fort Wilderness, is that a nightly thing, do you know? Thinking that may be something we need to check out when we're there next month! Our little one would love it! We have a Hoop Dee Doo reservation one night so we'll be in the area!

That was a mighty fine looking pearl your wife got at the pick a pearl!! That's my husband's favorite thing to do in World Showcase! He would spend hours there if he could! The necklace is really pretty, as well!! I think it's so sweet you gave it to her before your trip so she could get a pearl for it!!

There was more I wanted to comment on, but I read so much I can't remember what all I wanted to say!! :guilty: Looking forward to more though!!

hey glad to see you around again. yep the sing along is each night...the first of the month they have a schedule of what movies are playing...i found it before on the dis but not sure what thread it was located in.

that was the first time we did the pearl, i cant wait to let her do it again, or let noelle do it when she gets a little older...

thanks for reading along. :thumbsup2

Just wanted to say Happy Donald Duck Day !!!

Saw it on FB:))

and a happy donald duck day to yo uas well.

:cheer2::cool1:

Chapter 66. The back 9

We continue on with hole number 9 which is not the back 9 but i am not sure if i posted this one yet or not so here it is...parker showing how when the ball rolls back down the hill toward you, you just push it up to ramp to get it where you need it to go.

#11 mom? is this how you hold the putter again.

#12 this got a there is a pole in the middle of it?

#13 this was one of his favorite holes the snowman shot water out and got you wet, (well if you wanted to you could get wet.

looks like my group wanted to get wet.

which woke up a sleepy girl and wondered why she wasnt in the water having fun.

#14 getting some more help from mom lining it up to get a hole in one chance.

lots of candy on this one.

we had a kick out of this one with santas feet, he kept knocking the balls back

if you hit this one under the present mickey popped out.

#18 was pretty easy so once parker hit a hole in one himself

we let him repeat his feat with our turns...he liked hte santa message that played on the screen after it.

and finishing off hte hole in one for dad.

even though he threw both of candis and my balls into the opening.
:lmao:

a few shots of the other side of the course when we finished up.

when you are done you are greeted with a candy cane

now for what we all read along to see...the final score.

well i had the low score but parker had more hole in ones...which he was thrilled to find out.

and yes his hole in ones were legit ones, no cheating on hole in ones.

shaving of points on the higher scores like turing a 5 to a 4 or giving a second chance on a par shot that almost went in, thats all good.
;)

next chapter we investigate. another side of DTD

The back 9 holes look fun . Love the one with Santa feet in chimney lol

Defintely going have to check out mini golf sometime

Nice update! It continues to look like fun and something I need to do sometime soon! :thumbsup2

Can't believe they didn't have a hole with a Fauntleroy coming out the top of a present............. ;)

I love mini golf, therefore mini golf in Disney is just awesome! Glad you had fun!

Love your TR, can't wait to read more!

Some day I am actually going to play miniature golf at Disney. That course looks so cool. Congrats to Parker for his hole-in-one! :thumbsup2 Brings back memories of when my boys where that age. they LOVED mini golf!

Yay! I'm all caught up! :yay: I'm glad Parker is having a better 2nd day. Thanks for sharing your "real life" pics! It's fun to see how much the kiddos are growing. Looks like a great birthday for Candi, and great score on the concert seats! The mini golf course theme is great! DS Ryan and his family got to enjoy it on their last day this year while the rest of us headed to the airport. He said the kids really enjoyed it, but I haven't seen the pics yet.

Great updates!:thumbsup2

#13 this was one of his favorite holes the snowman shot water out and got you wet, (well if you wanted to you could get wet.

:thumbsup2

It's not really an official Disney attraction unless you get shot with water somewhere along the way.

even though he threw both of candis and my balls into the opening.
:lmao:

Well, as long as you and he never, ever do that on a real golf course.:rolleyes1

now for what we all read along to see...the final score.

well i had the low score but parker had more hole in ones...which he was thrilled to find out.

Nice work Parker!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter