Surprised the kids, wife, and my readers w/ a 2 week trip to AoA!(*NEW* 11-7)

Boy, I am about 5 posts behind. Great pictures with the characters. I just love seeing the kids expressions. It makes me really excited to take the little one next year. The breakfast looked yummy. I really want to have some chocolate chip pancakes now. Blizzard Beach looks like fun. We are going to have give it a try in the future.

Looks like a great day at BB! :cool1: So nice to wake up late and just have a relaxing morning, too!:thumbsup2

Blizzard Beach looks like so much fun! My daughter wants to try Typhoon Lagoon on our next trip in September so we are definitely looking forward to visiting a Disney Water Park.

Sounds like my kinda day! Blizzard Beach was a lot of fun. I'm not sure which water park I like better. They're both great!

All I saw on that picture of the menu was chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!

here is the menu from the far right station which the rest of the day housed the burger menu.

DSC07254.jpg

I like that Steak and egg burger but WOW, not sure I could eat the whole thing for breakfast.

well 10:00 came and went, with people still waiting. we heard over the lifeguard radio that the rest of the guards were not in position at there locations and had to wait....come on you know you open at 10:00 get to your spot. finally at 10:10 the park was opened by the first slider of the day going down summit plummit.

:mad: :sad2: That is one of my pet peeves......

I headed up the ski lift quickly to get my ride on, and down before to many people get in line...i was the 3rd person on the ride, clocked 56 on the mph radar, pulled out the wedgie factory that was going on, and met up with the family...

:lmao:

parker loved the freedom this trip to run to the top and come down the slides all on his own.
DSC07259.jpg

I hope that guy got out of the way.... :lmao:

then a little race down the tripple slides.
DSC07276.jpg

i have to teach parker about the whole water turns dark blue when you pee in it.:rolleyes1

:scared1:

noelle sat in the little kid middle filled tube, meaning the tube had a solid middle to it, for little kids to sit in...she loved it she sat indian style, and i walked nest to her while she nestled back into my chest and shoulder and just enjoyed the ride.

it was a perfect moment with my little girl just being quite, :hug:since she cant talk much yet...and enjoying the peace of the lazy river (since it was still not busy)

:cloud9: I wanted to get those tubes for my place. So much better so the kids dont fall through.

we had a blast in the main pool there is music/talking underwater which is really cool.

parker wouldnt go all the way under but did turn his head to the side and listen and liked it. we played for maybe 45 minutes or so and had a good time.

Isn't that neat!!!

and he caught himself a flounder.
DSC04179.jpg

but dont worry it was a catch and release program, besides i didnt have a stove to fry up the catch.:thumbsup2

:lmao:

marv actually found it when i posted the first hidden mickey picture in the bathroom wall.

here it is zoomed in....it is right under the clock on the wall. on the necklace...and is actually a full body hidden mickey.
DSC04181.jpg

Marv, those new glasses must be great, you are racking up the eagle eye points. ;)

Either that or I need new ones. (which I do ):rolleyes1

Dan, what an awesome update.

Love the pajama breakfast idea.

It looks as if everyone had a great time at the water park. Love Noelle playing in the water with her mommy and seeing Parker come down the slide all by himself.

I do love my some Lazy River time...especially first thing in the morning when no one else is on it. And good for you getting some daddy/daughter time together. :goodvibes
we did the PJ breakfast a few times, and other times went right to the pool after we ate...

she is the perfect age to play around there and have fun in that shallow water.

yep it seems no mater the time of the year as long as you get in before lunch you r good after lunch they are packed...i think everyone is sleeping off the food.

My kids just love Blizzard Beach !! It is a great water park. Tell Candi she is making all the rest of us look bad while she looks cute in her bikini.
it is our favorite too. there kid areas there are ten times better than TL...we were scheduled to hit TL 2twice and BB twice, but went to BB 3 times and TL once this trip. the kids loved BB more as well.

ill tell her, i think she looks pretty good in it too.:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great day :thumbsup2

How cool you all had breakfast in your PJS...looked like some good stuff on menu too :goodvibes

Looks like Parker was having a blast on the slide being all independent

Looks like a great day overall

I was looking at the bathroom pic and the hidden mickey I saw was to the left of that gold thing.. It look like a blue silhouette of Mickey head

Great pics :goodvibes
i thought there breakfast menu was very good, everything i had there i enjoyed.

there is, we found that one the first day, this was the first time we spotted the full body hidden mickey. but good eye.:thumbsup2

Nice Blizzard Beach update. It isn't often you see pics from the waterparks. I have actually never even been to the waterparks!

I found that hidden mickey too!! I actually saw your first hidden mickey pic before i left and then I was so happy I found the other hidden mickey on my own.

i tried to take a bunch this trip, because i know that most people never have been or if they go rarely take pictures...glad you enjoyed them. there are many more coming over the next 3 water park days.

glad you were able to find them both on your trip. wasnt that shower addicting trying to find stuff...we all took way longer showers than normal because we were trying to find something new the others missed. and we were all secretly hoping there was a third hidden mickey we missed.

Boy, I am about 5 posts behind. Great pictures with the characters. I just love seeing the kids expressions. It makes me really excited to take the little one next year. The breakfast looked yummy. I really want to have some chocolate chip pancakes now. Blizzard Beach looks like fun. We are going to have give it a try in the future.
the important thing is you are here now and caught back up.:thumbsup2

your little one will have a blast seeing it all and you will love seeing it being experienced for the first time.

try making pancakes with butterscotch chips, those are awesome.::yes::

Looks like a great day at BB! :cool1: So nice to wake up late and just have a relaxing morning, too!:thumbsup2
it was nice to have about every other morning off this trip to do that.

Blizzard Beach looks like so much fun! My daughter wants to try Typhoon Lagoon on our next trip in September so we are definitely looking forward to visiting a Disney Water Park.
that is a good one as well...we just enjoy BB a little more.

I have a TL day coming up a few days later, so if you have never been you can see a few pictures that we took.:) make sure you get there when they open as you can hit the entire park within the first 2 hours very easily and then go back to your favorites later.

Sounds like my kinda day! Blizzard Beach was a lot of fun. I'm not sure which water park I like better. They're both great!

All I saw on that picture of the menu was chocolate chip pancakes. Yum!

they both have great things about them that is for sure...

have you ever had butterscotch chips in your pancakes, if not they are really good, make some you wont be dissapointed.
:thumbsup2

I like that Steak and egg burger but WOW, not sure I could eat the whole thing for breakfast.
there "steak" was just a regular burger, i almost got it, but wasnt feeling a regular burger for breakfast. lol, but ill take the chicken burger :rotfl:

:mad: :sad2: That is one of my pet peeves......

I hope that guy got out of the way.... :lmao:
it was sort of annoying you could tell the lifeguards that were waiting to drop the rope were Pissed, and they had no excuse for there fellow workers.

he didnt parker went right down and sprayed his back good...we told him next time he needs to wait a little longer.

dont worry parker really didnt pee in the water it was the slide stained that color or peeled off to reveal the second level benith it. but being in the pool field do they make something like that? i would think they would never use it if they did for how many little kids prob pee in there no one would ever want to get in the water.:rotfl:

I could totally eat that pepper jack chicken burger. Again, and again, and again. It's surprising that I don't weigh 200 pounds...and I would totally have eaten the fries for breakfast.

Looks delish.

We just finished paying for a surprise January trip for the kids to Saratoga Springs!:cool1: I might actually get to hop over to AoA to try it soon!

When candi asked if we wanted to get dressed we decided to pajama it to the breakfast that morning.

Cool idea! :thumbsup2

here is the menu from the far right station which the rest of the day housed the burger menu.

I have to agree with you. A burger and fries for breakfast just seems odd. Not that I wouldn't eat it of course, it just seems odd.

well 10:00 came and went, with people still waiting. we heard over the lifeguard radio that the rest of the guards were not in position at there locations and had to wait....come on you know you open at 10:00 get to your spot.

:sad2:

then it was time for candi and parker to head up to the ski lift, and down the family slide together, me and noelle hit the wave pool for a few waves, and saw a few interesting sights of the brazillians in there bikinis..

We saw a few of those too. :scared1:

as we were walking into the pool parker saw a CM manager type with a slap hand stretchy toy that he liked so he gave it to him...

Score!

we had a blast in the main pool there is music/talking underwater which is really cool.

That sounds very cool. They think of everything. The water didn't turn dark blue in that pool, did it? :confused3:rotfl:

I could totally eat that pepper jack chicken burger. Again, and again, and again. It's surprising that I don't weigh 200 pounds...and I would totally have eaten the fries for breakfast.

Looks delish.

We just finished paying for a surprise January trip for the kids to Saratoga Springs!:cool1: I might actually get to hop over to AoA to try it soon!
the burger was awesome...if you head over make it before breakfast ends to give it a try. and i wont lie the fries were awesome, they had a great seasoning to them.

thats awesome when are you planning on telling them?

Cool idea! :thumbsup2
it is a kid tested mother approved plan that works most of the time, they have pajama house days many times...the kids and mommy love it.:thumbsup2

I have to agree with you. A burger and fries for breakfast just seems odd. Not that I wouldn't eat it of course, it just seems odd.
if they served nachos for breakfast i would order them.:rotfl:

we found many of the CM's here were very giving of there stuff to the kids for free. we had a few other freebies throughout the trip.

That sounds very cool. They think of everything. The water didn't turn dark blue in that pool, did it? :confused3:rotfl:
nope, dont think i would want it too, not that we tested the waters or anything, just saying.:)

dont worry parker really didnt pee in the water it was the slide stained that color or peeled off to reveal the second level benith it. but being in the pool field do they make something like that? i would think they would never use it if they did for how many little kids prob pee in there no one would ever want to get in the water.:rotfl:

Nah I was just kidding... :lmao:

I honestly know of nothing you can put in the water to react if someone pees.

We use to joke they was a red dye which probably started from the phenol red we use to test teh pH of the water.

Now that darker blue patch can be from a variety of things. Usually the Florida sun will fade out vinyl or fiberglass, so that may be a crazy patch that spends more time in the shade.

Sometimes if that was patched, the color is darker and will fade unevenly.

Now that I have geeked out on what might have caused that....

I am really proud of Parker going over and over again by himself. He seems to really enjoy the water.

the important thing is you are here now and caught back up.:thumbsup2

your little one will have a blast seeing it all and you will love seeing it being experienced for the first time.

try making pancakes with butterscotch chips, those are awesome.::yes::

it was nice to have about every other morning off this trip to do that.

that is a good one as well...we just enjoy BB a little more.

I have a TL day coming up a few days later, so if you have never been you can see a few pictures that we took.:) make sure you get there when they open as you can hit the entire park within the first 2 hours very easily and then go back to your favorites later.

they both have great things about them that is for sure...

have you ever had butterscotch chips in your pancakes, if not they are really good, make some you wont be dissapointed.
:thumbsup2

there "steak" was just a regular burger, i almost got it, but wasnt feeling a regular burger for breakfast. lol, but ill take the chicken burger :rotfl:

it was sort of annoying you could tell the lifeguards that were waiting to drop the rope were Pissed, and they had no excuse for there fellow workers.

he didnt parker went right down and sprayed his back good...we told him next time he needs to wait a little longer.

As long as there are no UFO's! :lmao:

Looks like you had a blast at BB! Parker is grinning from ear to ear! In all my times visiting Disney World, I never found the time to go to any of the water parks. I guess I can take or leave water slides, especially when there's all the other parks to visit, and so little time...

what a fun relaxing day and that breakfast looks great! I love the pictures on your way out of BB, really fun. Catch and release :rotfl2:

I've always worried that BB will be a bit too blinding white for me, we've only done TL but you guys sure had a great day there.

Parker is just having an absolute blast, it radiates from the pictures.

Hey Dan!

We are going to tell them Christmas morning. I'm having a puzzle made of one of our photos from Disney with the words January 2013 at the bottom. I am going to tell them that there is a clue to a special present on the puzzle so they will put it together right away!

Our daughter is 9 and she will help her brother who is 4 figure out what it means. Then I"m going to have the tickets in plastic cases in their stockings and I"m planning mickey pancakes and "jambo" juice for breakfast. They adore the juice at Boma and it will be fun to chat about our Disney plans over breakfast.

We will be there from January 19 through 26th at Saratoga springs.

In case I hadn't mentioned it before, I really appreciate you guys who are able to do trip reports! You, Marvali, Glennbo, and the others that log in to read your reports and put their links in! I've tried, but I just don't have the ability to log my trip like you guys do - but I so enjoy reading about your experiences and families. When it's a bad day at work or just plain dreary out, it's so nice to be able to log on and get a little magic and pixie dust.

Thanks.

Nah I was just kidding... :lmao:

I honestly know of nothing you can put in the water to react if someone pees.

We use to joke they was a red dye which probably started from the phenol red we use to test teh pH of the water.

Now that darker blue patch can be from a variety of things. Usually the Florida sun will fade out vinyl or fiberglass, so that may be a crazy patch that spends more time in the shade.

Sometimes if that was patched, the color is darker and will fade unevenly.

Now that I have geeked out on what might have caused that....

I am really proud of Parker going over and over again by himself. He seems to really enjoy the water.
that wasnt nerd pool talk at all. :rolleyes1 :laughing:

but i do appreciate the info, it will make me that much smarter next time someone asks me what that different color in the water park pool/slide bottom is. i will blow them away with my knowledge. :banana:;)

he did a great job running up, but we had to keep reminding him to make sure he went on what he said he was, so he didnt end up on the other side of the kiddie section with us not finding him.

As long as there are no UFO's! :lmao:
:rotfl:
Looks like you had a blast at BB! Parker is grinning from ear to ear! In all my times visiting Disney World, I never found the time to go to any of the water parks. I guess I can take or leave water slides, especially when there's all the other parks to visit, and so little time...
it is true, with all there is to do, it does take out some extra time, thats why we enjoy adding more days onto the trip, we had 12 full days this time, so we were able to slow down and relax a little without going gangbusters each day.

but if you ever do have the time to go to one, i hope that my info helps you decide which one you would like more.:thumbsup2

what a fun relaxing day and that breakfast looks great! I love the pictures on your way out of BB, really fun. Catch and release :rotfl2:

I've always worried that BB will be a bit too blinding white for me, we've only done TL but you guys sure had a great day there.

Parker is just having an absolute blast, it radiates from the pictures.

the white snow features, will help the pasty people fit in. :laughing: or if you are rocking a nice tan it will make it that much deeper. :thumbsup2

he did have a ball he loves the pools and water play areas.
it was hard to get him to leave each day.

Hey Dan!

We are going to tell them Christmas morning. I'm having a puzzle made of one of our photos from Disney with the words January 2013 at the bottom. I am going to tell them that there is a clue to a special present on the puzzle so they will put it together right away!

Our daughter is 9 and she will help her brother who is 4 figure out what it means. Then I"m going to have the tickets in plastic cases in their stockings and I"m planning mickey pancakes and "jambo" juice for breakfast. They adore the juice at Boma and it will be fun to chat about our Disney plans over breakfast.

We will be there from January 19 through 26th at Saratoga springs.

In case I hadn't mentioned it before, I really appreciate you guys who are able to do trip reports! You, Marvali, Glennbo, and the others that log in to read your reports and put their links in! I've tried, but I just don't have the ability to log my trip like you guys do - but I so enjoy reading about your experiences and families. When it's a bad day at work or just plain dreary out, it's so nice to be able to log on and get a little magic and pixie dust.

Thanks.
that sounds like a great way to tell them, very cool. and i like the idea on making the disney themed breakfast.

your welcome, i enjoy writing them...the nice thing is you can be as detailed or laid back as you want. it is fun to extend the trip and keep reliving it after you get home.:thumbsup2

you dont have to be so generous with marv, he only does an update every other month...so i know that you really meant to leave his name off there. :laughing:

hope you continue to enjoy the report.

Looks like a great time was had by all at Blizzard Beach. We have to get there one of these days. It sounded like you and Candi did a good job trading off between Parker and Noelle.

Parker was obviously very proud of his sand bucket. That was a great idea somebody had, to serve kid's meals in a bucket. :thumbsup2

Looks like a great time was had by all at Blizzard Beach. We have to get there one of these days. It sounded like you and Candi did a good job trading off between Parker and Noelle.

Parker was obviously very proud of his sand bucket. That was a great idea somebody had, to serve kid's meals in a bucket. :thumbsup2

you guys would really enjoy it...alot to do for the whole family.

thanks, we tried to keep it special for both so one wasnt sitting for long at all waiting for the other.

he was very proud of it, one of his prized posessions.

What a great day! Nice and relaxing and taking it slow, that's awesome!! I haven't been to any of the waterparks yet, not sure if I'll actually go one of these days or not, who knows? Haha, they look like they're a lot of fun!!

I loved the music under the water at AoA, I do wish I had heard Dory/Nemo talking though, that'd be awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter