Surprise trip

Jacquie.1023

Earning My Ears
This may sound crazy but I'm beginning to plan a surprise trip to WDW for my mom next mothers day (in 2013). I'm planning on going with my best friend and her mom. We want to surprise them for being such wonderful mom's and always being there. Is this a crazy idea? I'm starting to plan and need some help (because my mom cant help me plan!:scared1:) I have no idea where to start, but we know we want to try to save as much money as we can! Could some one help? :) thank you

Wow! That sounds like such a great idea!! First you have to pick a resort if you're staying at one! (Or hotel if you're not staying on Disney property) :yay:

That's so cool and sweet to do for your mom! Here are some tips to help you.
1. Pick your date. First you need to check the hours of the parks before you want to book. Your arrival dates could depend on the hours of the parks. Hours come out six months before the date. Personally I like to avoid parks the days when they have extra magic hours because the park is busier after and before the hours and we never seem to use them because their too early or late. A good way to use them is to go to a different park that day and park hop to the park during the extra magic hour. 2. Find a hotel and book. If you are just doing Disney stay on property. You get free transportation and parking. To find a good deal on hotel rates and other things there are sights which have links to special deals. 3. Pick your dining. The dining plan is good but only if you would actually buy everything on there. On Disney it says what each plan has in it. You can look at menus of restaurants and book on there too.
Just a warning if you are under 18 you cant reserve dining or book hotels. I would love to help you if you need help planning your trip! They are also many travel agents that specialize in Disney. Have a magical trip!:wizard:

Is it completely surprise, or do they know about it just not all the details?

Consider renting DVC points. You can rent DVC villas up to three bedrooms for half of the cost it would normally be. Many people rent these points for $10-$12 per point. An animal kingdom lodge villa studio w/savannah view is 123 points.
123 x 12 = $1476. This can be way cheaper; the only downside is, is that the DVC member who is renting the points for you must make the reservation, and the housekeeping is a little bit less.

If you don't know about it already, you may try googling it. There are also boards on here for DVC.

Have a good trip! :woohoo:

thank you guys so much for the impute. it will be a total surprise so far only my friend (who is going) and my father know about this. We are DVC members, but we wont have any points left because of our up coming trip! So were hoping to maybe just stay in one of the cheaper resorts to make it cheaper for us, and we will probably do a dining plan. Thank you guys so much, this really helps!

thank you guys so much for the impute. it will be a total surprise so far only my friend (who is going) and my father know about this. We are DVC members, but we wont have any points left because of our up coming trip! So were hoping to maybe just stay in one of the cheaper resorts to make it cheaper for us, and we will probably do a dining plan. Thank you guys so much, this really helps!

I usually stay at Port Orleans Riverside... It's kind of cheaper than some of the other ones... :confused3

So were hoping to maybe just stay in one of the cheaper resorts to make it cheaper for us

I guess I would consider a value resort to be cheaper. Maybe Pop Century or The Little Mermaid rooms at the new hotel, Art of Animation? :confused3 Just suggestions. And of course there's always the All-Star resorts, but those aren't as new. Wherever you do stay, enjoy your trip! That's a great idea and your moms will be thrilled! :thumbsup2 Also, maybe your dad could help you just a little with the money thing? And if not, he could give you ideas to earn money? Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter