Surprise Trip?!

Alexsmommie

Disney Dreamer
Soooo has anyone ever done a surprise trip for a young child? (my DS will be 4 by the time we go) I'd LOVE to surprise him but not quite sure how (in a way he would understand) I'd LOVE to hear any ideas you have!!!

We surprised DD on our last trip. She was just shy of 3 and it was wonderful! TR link in my siggy - click it and it is one of the first few posts! How we did it plus pics :love:

We surprised DD on our last trip. She was just shy of 3 and it was wonderful! TR link in my siggy - click it and it is one of the first few posts! How we did it plus pics :love:
so far it's AMAZING!!!! my son knows a little about disney (he asks to watch the disney videos on youtube) but we keep telling him maybe one day... I hope he'll get excited when we do go... (we're driving part of the way and taking the train part of the way) so I think we're going to try to keep it a surprise even while we're driving... - we'll see how well that works!!! - he also really loves trains so maybe he'll just think it's a trip on a train and not really realize we're going to actually MEET Goofy (goofy is his favorite!!) and see all the other characters that he loves too!!! I definitely want to pack a special treat bag (like you did for Ava) but that'll be for the car ride to keep him busy... maybe I can do it sort of subtle like you did with the disney themed things and see how that blows over... THANKS FOR THE IDEAS!!!!! :)

We surprised our kids for our first trip when they were 6 and 8 - woke them up and told them one of the guys that works for Daddy needed us to deliver his luggage to the airport because his car was too small...got to the airport and gave them a paper that had a picture of the castle and "Surprise - we're going to DisneyWorld!!". Surprisingly, it took them a while to clue in...they kept saying "I don't get it!" - maybe a 4:30 AM wakeup isn't the best start to a surprise :)

Once they were fully awake they were thrilled and now they're as addicted as I am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter