Surprise Trip Girls Trip for Sky April '15

natale1980

"When it comes to havoc, nobody wreaks like me!"..
It's been awhile since I have written a trip report and I'm sad that we traveled a few times to Disney without me capturing all of the details. I love reading through our adventures and since this is an extra special trip I wanted to make sure I don't forget a thing!

Princess Sky just turned seven today and she known for some time that in 2015 she would be going to Disney World with me alone. Dexter & Shawn took a boys trip right before he turned 8 so now it is her turn!

Sky is the perfect combination of girly and daring. She wants to wear a princess dress while she climbs trees or wrestles with her brother.

Me & Sky last summer:

As of right now our plans are to travel April 21st - April 26th and stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Until our plan tickets are booked (waiting for our tax return) the dates may change but I don't believe they will.

I plan on picking up Sky from school early on that Tuesday and telling her that we are leaving for Disney! She is going to flip out! It has been two years since we went last time and she has been bugging me about this trip for awhile. I keep telling her that she has to wait until she is in 2nd grade so she shouldn't expect it unless I let something slip before then.

This is the first time we are traveling with FP+ so it is all new to me. We are about 71 days out right now and I hope to purchase our tickets before we get to the 60 day mark. I NEED FP+ for Anna & Elsa!!!

Because we all love pictures, and I don't have too many more details as of yet, I thought I would post some pictures from our last trip. =)

SO EXCITED!!

Do you have any FP+ tips? Are there any great mother / daughter trip reports you recommend?

Thanks for reading!
-nat

Well it is official! We got our tax refund today and so I booked our flights and purchased our park tickets. At Midnight I will be able to start booking our FP+ options. The only one I am worried about right now is getting Sky to meet Ana & Elsa. Once I know which day we are able to see them I will be able to start planning the rest of our vacation.

New development... My mom is coming! :love:
I hope that she is ready for a non-stop fun girls trip!!! I'm very glad she is coming! We have been on a few 'girls only trips' but this will be the first time the two of us have been there with my little Sky. My mom coming will make this trip extra special.

10516857_10202149329604218_7822502273394570089_n.jpg
Our flight is at 3:50pm on Tuesday. I get off work at 12:30, that should be enough time to pick up Sky from school... surprise her pixiedust: and get to the airport in time. Once I start crunching numbers more I may take an extra hour off of work. No need to be stressed!

We will land in Orlando around 7:30pm. Now that my mom is coming we will be renting a car, she likes the flexibility and doesn't like waiting for Disney transportation. As long as we ride the monorail at least once I will be happy. :-) Once we land we will head over to our resort. Our reservations are at the Animal Kingdom Lodge but we are wait-listed at Beach Club. I am really hoping the wait list comes through! It is one of the only Disney Resorts I haven't stayed at.

Wednesday - Thursday & Friday we will be visiting the parks. I'll have more details on these once we can get FP+!

Saturday will be a relaxing day by the pool & downtown Disney OR there is a possibility we will take a ride to Clearwater and see WINTER!!! Sky has been wanting to see Winter since we saw the first Dolphin tales movie. She loves dolphins. We took a vacation to Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort a few years ago and were able to see a family of dolphins in the wild!

You can see them in our Hilton Head Video

Our flight on Sunday doesn't leave until 7:28pm, so we will have plenty of time to swim and shop or do whatever we choose.

The only problem I am having right now is I am feeling a bit guilty about leaving the boys. :guilty: Spending money and using our DVC points without them is a bit painful. *sigh*

Wish me luck! I can't wait to see when we get to Meet Ana & Elsa!!!

-nat

Soooo.... that just happened....
Thank goodness I stayed up until now to book my FP+. The only available Anna & Elsa time was on Saturday @ 6pm. :crazy2:
Glad I was able to grab a spot but that is rough! Magic Kingdom is normally our first stop, not our last. As of right now, I have:

Epcot On Wednesday with Character Spot, Seas w/ Nemo & Friends & Soarin'.

Animal Kingdom on Thursday with Finding Nemo, Expedition Everest & Kilimanjaro Safaris

Nothing on Friday

Magic Kingdom on Saturday with Journey of the Little Mermaid, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train & Finally Anna & Elsa

Question - Is the only way to see if FP+ open up to cancel your current reservations? I would love to keep checking once we get to the 45 day point to see if something opens up on Wednesday or Thursday but I would hate to loose what I have. o_O

Help!?!?!
-nat

56 Days!! How in the world did that happen!

Today it hit me and I started to get very excited. Every time I think about being in Disney World with my little Sky is get butterflies in my tummy. She is going to be so excited when I pick her up from school and tell her that we are on our way!!
Will I be able to wait?!? I want to share it with her right now but I am more then happy to avoid the endless questions about, when are we going?!? When are we going!?!? When are we going!?!? Plus I don't want her to be so excited that her brother gets upset about it.

I have this back up at work now. I made it a few years ago and I am more than happy to recycle it! It is fun to change the numbers everyday!

AHHHHH!!! This is really happening!
-nat

Hello! I remember your other TR! Glad to see you get to have an all girly trip! :)

You can check FP+ by clicking that you want to change your FPs for the day but nothing gets saved unless you click save. If you cancel out of the page your current FP+ remains.

Good luck, and I kinda like the MK as last thing. Builds up anticipation and keeps the FUN of the vacation going!

Hello! I remember your other TR! Glad to see you get to have an all girly trip! :)

You can check FP+ by clicking that you want to change your FPs for the day but nothing gets saved unless you click save. If you cancel out of the page your current FP+ remains.

Good luck, and I kinda like the MK as last thing. Builds up anticipation and keeps the FUN of the vacation going!

Thanks for joining & for the FP+ tip!
I'm still not convinced that FP+ is a good thing but I'm not going to form a complete opinion until after the trip.

I took a break from the DIS for a bit but I'm glad to be back! Helps with the excitement!
-nat

Hi there! A mother daughter trip seems like so much fun and then adding in your mom has to be pretty magical!! Can't wait to hear more!

Hi there! A mother daughter trip seems like so much fun and then adding in your mom has to be pretty magical!! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for joining. I'm glad my mom is coming, can't wait to go!
-nat

48 days until Disney!

Working full time really makes the weeks fly by. I can't believe it is already March... which means.... I'm going to Disney World next month!!!

I ordered our Magic Bands, any idea when they show up and what the box looks like when it comes? If Sky sees the magic bands she may start to ask questions.

We decided to get the quick service dining plan. Since we are using my DVC points we don't have to pay for it until 3 days before we leave. Glad Sky is only 7, makes the dining plan much more affordable.

Now for the big plan... how to surprise Sky.... I think we will tell her that I'll be picking her up early for a doctors appointment.....and.... i don't know where to go from there.

Ideas...
1) Get Disney balloons and tie them to the car.
2) Give her a card to read.
3) Just keep driving and dont tell her a thing until the airport.

What do you think?
-nat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter