• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprise trip for my four kids

swtmommie2four

Mouseketeer
I want to surprise them on Christmas morning as their gift from us. I was thinking of having them open like a riddle-revealing the trip, one at a time, so I could video their individual responses. I need help w the riddle. My kids are 17, 15, 12, and 9. We have had a really trying year, and Christmas last year was the worst. On December 22, 2013, my husband was in a very serious car accident. The two young girls that hit him head on died. My husbands femur was pushed through his hip and shattered his pelvis. So we spent Christmas in the hospital. I must say I am in a wheelchair and my husband is my caregiver. So not only did they step up and help me take care of him, they had to take care of me as well. So on Christmas, we would like to surprise Them with this much needed trip. We drive from Nebraska, and spend a couple days in key west before heading to the world. So after they open the gift Christmas morning, we thought we'd leave a couple days later. So I have no idea how to reveal this, I thought about getting them each a new duffel bag w a new disney shirt, maybe a helium ballon that pops out and riddle? We haven't booked yet...trying to finalize dates yet. But I'm thinking 1/4-1/9. I'm hoping the Christmas/new years folks will be gone by then and the marathon won't make the parks too busy. That way when can utilize some of their Christmas break for drive down and at key west. They will end up missing a week of school, but life is short and precious. So this long post is asking for help in revealing this SURPRISE for my awesome, well deserving kids!

I want to surprise them on Christmas morning as their gift from us. I was thinking of having them open like a riddle-revealing the trip, one at a time, so I could video their individual responses. I need help w the riddle. My kids are 17, 15, 12, and 9. We have had a really trying year, and Christmas last year was the worst. On December 22, 2013, my husband was in a very serious car accident. The two young girls that hit him head on died. My husbands femur was pushed through his hip and shattered his pelvis. So we spent Christmas in the hospital. I must say I am in a wheelchair and my husband is my caregiver. So not only did they step up and help me take care of him, they had to take care of me as well. So on Christmas, we would like to surprise Them with this much needed trip. We drive from Nebraska, and spend a couple days in key west before heading to the world. So after they open the gift Christmas morning, we thought we'd leave a couple days later. So I have no idea how to reveal this, I thought about getting them each a new duffel bag w a new disney shirt, maybe a helium ballon that pops out and riddle? We haven't booked yet...trying to finalize dates yet. But I'm thinking 1/4-1/9. I'm hoping the Christmas/new years folks will be gone by then and the marathon won't make the parks too busy. That way when can utilize some of their Christmas break for drive down and at key west. They will end up missing a week of school, but life is short and precious. So this long post is asking for help in revealing this SURPRISE for my awesome, well deserving kids!

Sounds like a well deserved and needed vacation.

My dad liked to play with my sister and me Christmas morning by giving us a gift that involved some sort of puzzle. One year, we woke up to the house having literally hundreds of string lines going through the house. We had to follow each one until the next, etc, etc, etc until we got to our big gift.

For a riddle type thing, you could have envelopes with a clue that starts with D,I,S,N,E,Y,W,O,R,L,D. But mix them up. D - Do you know where we are going? O - Oh, you will have a great time!, etc. Once all the envelopes are opened, the kids will have to figure it out by arraigning the letters correctly.

We are going to surprise our daughter with a trip for her birthday. ALL of her presents are going to be Disney related. We only get her 3-4 gifts, but they will all be Disney related.

I am also making her and her sister (they are going to be 6 and 1) little princess inspired dresses and have them packed for the trip in a red suitcase with white polka dots.

Also, if you do some sort of puzzle... how about a big box with a smaller then smaller then smaller box that eventually has a MagicBand or park ticket in it? Maybe put the riddle on each box?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter