Surprise trip for anniversary-French Quarter here we come!!!

lauran cameron

One little spark of inspiration...
So I need a lot of positive energy and a little bit of Disney magic coming my way as I am about to take the plunge...After 5 years with my boyfriend we have NEVER once been to Disney world. Shame I know, my BF wasn't originally crazy about Disney. I think he was just scared because his mom never took him as a child. After thousands of photos, park maps, planning DVD's, YOU TUBE videos, and showing him how amazing the monorail is (he was especially fascinated with how quiet it was when it flew overhead LOL) I have him hooked!!! pirate:

Things have really come together for us the past year and I can think of no better way to celebrate than together in WDW. We have gone on many road trips but never a REAL vacation i.e. a week off of work...It's about time...The best part is, he doesn't know it yet. I mean we have discussed going, like which resort we would like to stay at and such. We decided on Port Orleans French Quarters because the new refurb just stole our hearts. Not to mention an absolute steal!

Best part is he doesn't know I am about to book a vacation for us. I've been stashing away every penny I earned like a busy little squirrel, now I finally have enough to make my deposit. I think I will tell him on Valentine's Day :love: which is actually 2 days before his 28th birthday. I bought a big metallic purple gift bag with a gold bow that has a curly ribbon tail that looks like a sparkling firework, going with Mardi Gras colors. When he opens it a Disney balloon will float up and out of the bag with a letter attached to it and some Mardi Gras beads for fun effect. This is a celebration, so of course there is a pair of Mardi Gras masks for each of us!!! I can't wait to tell him we're actually going. :dance3:

img2691xu.jpg

img6211j.jpg

What a wonderful idea........I hope he does not think you're going to Louisianna :rotfl:

POFQ will be just perfect, Im sure. Be sure to take the boat to DTD, if you can do early evening, its great....then walk around and take in all the sights and sounds and Yummy smells wafting thru the air..............:lovestruc
Enjoy, maybe do a trip report ???

i stayed at POFQ in October with my boyfriend. It was our first real vacation together as well. It was amazing!! hope youre trip is just as good :)

I think this sounds so nice! We love POFQ.
Have a wonderful time! Enjoy the surprise!

Stayed at POFQ after my wife and I got engaged. Loved it there. Transportation was simple and the resort itself was really quiet. Nice pool side bar. Also make sure to catch the Jazz music in the bar.

Only downside would be the lack of a full service restuarant, but that was never a big deal to us.

Have a great time...

Try also doing the carriage ride around the th resort.
So romantic.

A relaxing 25-minute carriage ride through Disney's Port Orleans Resort. Carriage holds up to 4 adults or 2 adults and three small children.

Reservations nightly (weather permitting)
First ride 6pm -Last ride departs 9:30pm
Pick up at Port Orleans Riverside in front of Boatwright's Dining Hall

25 minute ride for $35 (tax included)
Tickets are sold by the carriage drivers
Cash and Disney Resort guest room charge accepted
Credit cards cannot be accepted

Reservations - Advance reservations can be made by calling WDW-PLAY
Same day reservations may be available at the Riverside Marina
Carriage rides may be cancelled due to inclement weather.

$35 fee for no-shows or cancellations with less than 24 hours notice.

That's awesome, I am so happy for you!

My DBF had never been to Disney before until we went together which was actually only about 3 months after we started dating. It was an amazing vacation together and now he is HOOKED and loves it, he even reads DISboards every day now too! It's definitely our favorite thing to enjoy together. We have been every year since we started dating and are planning on going again this year, too.

We stayed at POFQ during our last trip in October and it was awesome. I think you will love the resort! We have stayed at ASMu, CSR and POFQ together and we loved them all but definitely plan on doing POFQ again together. We loved the small size of the resort (we were in one of the furthest rooms from the lobby and it was still only a 2 minute walk to all of the resort amenities!) and we loved the boat to DTD.

Thank you everyone for the well wishes and fabulous ideas!
I will definitely be trying out a boat ride to DTD, we would love going to listen to jazz music at the bar that sounds divine and a carriage ride, how romantic?!!:lovestruc
I like hearing it is a small resort, nice and cozy. It seems like an ideal couples retreat. I can't wait to take a walk down the Sassagoula River together.

Our plane gets in at 11A.M. and we are planning on using the magical express. Has anyone had experience with taking the magical express from MCO (orlando intl airport) to POFQ? I have read mixed reviews on other sites, some saying it takes a while for the bus to arrive? Is this true in your experience? Either way the day we arrive MK is open until 1A.M. so I am sure we won't miss out on too much fun :yay:

I have us flying out of NY at 7:00A.M.---->Arrive at 10:45A.M. I figure worst case scenario we get to the resort latest 2:00P.M. But I am not even worried about that because check in is at 3:00P.M...so check in by 3:00P.M. or later. Relax and explore the resort for a while perhaps even have dinner, after that go to MK for the extra magic hour at 12A.M. Then go back to POFQ crash out for the night for a magical morning of sleeping in!!! Where we will take a Disney bus to EPCOT for the day...That's all Ive got to far :surfweb:

Ohhh! I also threw together this little card I'm taking to FedEx/Kinkos to have copied on a heavy paper so I can tie it to the balloon.
wdwcard20.png

a1tinkfans-thank you! I have a feeling he is going to be a little confused at first LOL... but once he sees that Disney balloon float into the air I know he will be stoked!!! I was totally considering doing a trip report, it has been a few year since my last one. It would be great fun! :goodvibes

vickalamode-you are too kind!! Im so glad to hear your glowing reviews of POFQ. Now there is no doubt in my mind it will be perfect (P.S. I adore your Rapunzel & Flynn costume in your sig :flower3:)

pooh2001-We are both from NY and a carriage through central park cost $50+ a pop! $35 is a great value!!! Thanks a bunch for this great idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter