Surprise proposal and disney photographers

sambisc

Mouseketeer
Our son is planning to propose in Magic Kingdom. Family will be there and will be taking lots of pics. Can we ask Disney photographer (if we see one when proposal will happen) even if we don't have photopass?

Yes
You have to get a photo pass from them at some point so if it's right then cool, If its from someone ahead of time cool
They are not going to go where you want, so if you want them to take pictures it's going to have to be in front of them, ie main st for example

I've heard of plenty of situations where CMs have participated in the proposal. My suggestion would be to have him call guest services and ask. I think having a photopass would be a great way to get the photos at a great price. Do the pre-pay for $99, any professional photographer would cost WAY more.

Good luck! Let's hope she says YES.

Here's what I would do. Go to the Photopass guy on the right side of the castle buy Tomorrowland. (Or anyone, I just think that is a great spot and it's a little off the path) Act like you are just getting you pictures taken, have you DS and GF get a photo together. If you can, get someone over there like 5 minutes ahead of time to tell the Photopass guy what is going to happen. Have a few taken of them just standing there then he gets down on one knee.

Also if you don't want to buy the CD for $99 you can just buy one or more photo prints. They are costly but for this occasion totally worth it. :goodvibes
Also if you pre-order for $99 then just want one photo you can get a refund on the CD.

A friend of mine did this at DL and a CM and photopass person helped out. I would definitely suggest calling ahead. Disney normally loves helping out for this kind of thing.

Our son is planning to propose in Magic Kingdom. Family will be there and will be taking lots of pics. Can we ask Disney photographer (if we see one when proposal will happen) even if we don't have photopass?

Photopasses are free. The first time you have your photo taken by a disney park photographer they will ask if you have one, if you don;t they will set one up and it only takes like a minute.
Then any time you want photos taken you give that card to the next photographer. if you forget it etc. you can get a new one - and you can at some point get those combined onto one account.
Later - at home you can view the photopass photos and at that time you can either choose to purchase photos OR purchase a cd with all of them. You can prepurchase that cd before your trip at a better price too. Even if you do that you would still just get one from your first photographer same as otherwise.

On a previous trip we were waiting in line to get photos with Cinderella's carriage at a pirates and princesses party and the couple right in front of us got engaged and the photographer took a gazillion pictures of them. it was really sweet.

Maybe you could make early dining reservations someplace - like at magic kingdom (or whereever appeals to you) and then you could get a photographer to take pictures of you in front of the castle and then propose while he';s taking photos. You could slyly show him the ring or whisper to him while giving him your photopass card so he's prepared but I would imagine they would roll with it just fine even without a heads up.

eta- early dining reservations meaning before the parks open so you can get photos without a ton of people in the background.

Contact Guest Relations a few days before. They will have a personal photopass CM follow you in secret before it happens then start snapping pics.

We saw a couple getting engaged while we were at MNSSHP - they were in the rose garden and had a photopass photographer taking pictures as well as family members around. It was so cute. A CM was on hand with "Just Engaged" buttons for the couple too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter