• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprise Gender Reveal at WDW

disdarlin

Have a great big beautiful tomorrow!
My sister will be doing her sonogram to find out the sex of the baby the day before we leave for Disney World. Instead of the finding out the sex of the baby at the doctors office, we were going surprise her one day at the park and reveal the gender to her and her husband.

I've thought about Disney Floral having our room decorated in princess or pirates depending on the sex, but I kind of want to do something at the park. They also already have a three year old son so I would like incorporate him if at at all possible.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!!!!

Cupcakes - pink or blue icing. You can do this at the parks or as a after dinner treat.

If you do it at MK you could use balloons. Princesses for a girl, Mickey head for a boy.

If you do it at MK you could use balloons. Princesses for a girl, Mickey head for a boy.

I was thinking that too! You could work it out with the balloon vendor right before and get your nephew to go over to get a balloon. Have him bring back two, one for him and one for the baby and he hands over the other to his mom.

When I was pregnant I wanted to do my gender reveal by taking the info to the hat shop and getting it's a girl or it's a boy on a set of mickey ears. That way I would always have them and a cute story to tell later. Never got down there to do it though.

It's a big trend right now for bakeries to make "gender reveal" cakes. The outside is decorated neutrally, but the cake batter or icing on the inside is either pink or blue, so you can't find out the gender until you serve the cake :)

Thanks everyone!! I really appreciate all the suggestions. I'm definitely going to look into these ideas.

:thumbsup2

It's a big trend right now for bakeries to make "gender reveal" cakes. The outside is decorated neutrally, but the cake batter or icing on the inside is either pink or blue, so you can't find out the gender until you serve the cake :)

What a fantastic idea!

That's what we did. And let our 4 year old cut tHe cake to find out. Our whole family was together for Thanksgiving. Best memory!!!!

How are you going to find out and she won't? I'm confused. Isn't she going to be there?

The big brother could "buy" a gift for the baby that is given to mom. A stuffed Mickey for a boy or a stuffed Minnie for a girl.

How are you going to find out and she won't? I'm confused. Isn't she going to be there?

At our son's anatomy scan my husband was supposed to go with me but at the last minute he couldn't come. (We were moving that day and told literally 30 minutes before we were supposed to leave that the landlord told the new tenants they could move in by 5pm.)

SO since we wanted to find out together I had the tech put the pic with the gender on it in an envelope. When I got home we opened it together.

It would have been a much better occassion but of course it was the appointment my husband wasn't at that we found out our son has Club Foot. They suspected something else as well so I was quite upset. Thankfully, we had invited his Mom along to share in the reveal and so she still went with me. Good thing, she had to tell my husband what the Dr. said as I was sobbing uncontrolably in a chair. Well he has Club Foot but Shriner's Children's Hospital is a miracle and he is being treated and coming along very well. He is also absolutely 100% healthy!! :woohoo:

You could get a baby's first Christmas ornament in pink or blue (depending on the gender) and then get it personalized with "Its a girl/boy" and the date. They put them in boxes and the older sibling could present it to the parents.

Or you could have the ornament personalized from the older sibling, like "DS loves his baby sister already!" and then the date.

I think that a gender reveal at WDW is a very cute idea!

Thanks guys!!

Yes, the ultrasound tech is going to put the picture in an envelope that I am going to open later when my sister and husband aren't around. That way I will know but they won't.

I talked to someone at the hotel today and they said they help us arrange to have a character at the park write in my nephews autograph book "Its a boy" or "Its a girl". I was thinking this would be good because she would never expect it and also we could frame that page and picture in the babies nursery.

I love all yalls idea too with the balloons, cupcakes, and ornaments so I think we are going to incorporate those by doing stuff for her through out the week.

Thanks again. I really appreciate it!!!

Wow, I hope the tech is right - sometimes they get it wrong, even when there's supposedly 'evidence' right there in front of them... Happened to my SIL and a friend as well.

You guys won't sue if they get it wrong, will you? (that has happened too, in the news)

I love the ideas - the pink/blue cake reminds me of Sleeping Beauty's dress, LOL!

Here's to a healthy, happy baby - it's already a lucky one, being born into a DIS family!

How about getting a Disney Christmas ornament, for "Baby's 1st Christmas" I think they sell blue and pink ones.

Wow, I hope the tech is right - sometimes they get it wrong, even when there's supposedly 'evidence' right there in front of them... Happened to my SIL and a friend as well.

That is what I'm thinking, and what if it is inconclusive?

I am also wondering how the Mom isn't going to see anything, she is going to lay there and not look at the image the whole time.

Hope it all works out but no way I could lay there and not watch.

With my DD we were told they were 70% sure it was a girl. I feel like if it's a girl the techs never want to say 100%. If it's a boy, it's usually pretty obvious. We didn't accept "70% girl" so went to a private 3D clinic to get a second opinion. We didn't want to annouce one sex and find out it was actually another.

I think this is something to consider if you're going to make a big deal out of the reveal.

I am also wondering how the Mom isn't going to see anything, she is going to lay there and not look at the image the whole time.

Hope it all works out but no way I could lay there and not watch.

Hope it works out. At my ultrasound DD did not cooperate and would not turn so they could not tell the gender. I later went and had another ultrasound at a private ultrasound place to find out the gender.

How about whispering to a photographer right before they snap the picture. Then instead of "say cheese" they could say "it's a boy/girl" or "you're having a prince/princess". You would have the reactions on film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter