• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Surprise FASTPASSES

Has never happened to me, and we go just about every weekend.

Here's a fix on your link.

We just came back 2 weeks ago and got the surprise fast passes for mickey's philharmagic on 2 different days while getting fast passes for winnie the pooh. Fortunately the crowds were really low and we didn't end up using the fast passes but it still made me smile and was a nice little :yay: . Especially nice because we got them on our way to Dumbo which was a 40 minute wait while every other ride was basically a walk-on. :headache:

I remember getting those a while ago. I think when we got fast passes for Test Track we also go HISTA fast passes. Of course when we got to HISTA there was no line, no wait, and no need for the fast passes, but it brought us to an attraction that we wouldn't have done at that point. Seems to work.

We just came back 2 weeks ago and got the surprise fast passes for mickey's philharmagic on 2 different days while getting fast passes for winnie the pooh. Fortunately the crowds were really low and we didn't end up using the fast passes but it still made me smile and was a nice little :yay: . Especially nice because we got them on our way to Dumbo which was a 40 minute wait while every other ride was basically a walk-on. :headache:

We also received these about 1 1/2 weeks ago. On this trip we did also have problems getting fast passes with the machines. We had to have the CMs at times get them since they did not print with our tickets which are AP.

A little over a year ago or so I got a surprise FP for HISTA at Soarin'. :)

Last time I was there (was in '03, but will be back in 3 weeks!) I remember when we went to get FPs for "Living with the land" we also got FP's for "Maelstrom"

At EPCOT in October of 2006 we got Surprise Fastpasses from the Test Track kiosk for HISTA.

In September 06 we got surprise fastpasses for Mission:Space when we got them for TestTrack. Didn't realize this was a "new" concept.

I was one of the people who got a surprise fp for Phillharmagic when we got fp's for Winnih the pooh on May 14th.

Although it wasn't a busy day, it was fun to get a surprise that I wasn't expecting and have never seen or heard of before.

We've gotten both Mission:Space and HISTA surprise fastpasses at Test Track. I believe we got them as early as Jan. 2006.

I read about this in the Unoffical Guide to WDW, but it has never happened to me and I have never seen it happen to anyone else.

It was either last September or the September before that, we got the surprise FP's at Test Track for Misson:Space. Or was it the other way around? The surprise ones were good immediately, so it automatically gave us something to do (just hop right into the FP line!) while we waited for our other FP time to come up. I had heard of this happening occasionally on the DIS but it was still a nice surprise! Glad to see they're expanding this to include other rides and other parks.

For most of these, it sounds like the surprise is really when you get to the other attraction: Surprise! You don't need a Fastpass!

Let me tell you about my suprise fastpass story. Last September I go to Space Mountain for a fast pass. I put my ticket in the machine, a fast pass comes out, I grab it and go watch the 3:00 parade. I come back after the parade, which was then in the times that had been listed when I got the fastpass, and hand it in to go on Space Mountain. The CM looks at it, looks at me, and says, "I'm sorry, this is a fastpass for Carousel of Progress, not Space Mountain." For about two seconds I didn't know what to say as the following thoughts went through my mind:
1. I KNOW I got a fastpass for Space Mountain.
2. I KNOW I didn't go over to Carousel of Progress for a fastpass.
3. Carousel of Progress doesn't even HAVE fastpasses. What the heck?

The CM then explained to me about surprise fastpasses. Apparently I had grabbed the fastpass without really looking at it, thinking the Space Mountain fastpass machine would give me a Space Mountain fastpass (silly me), and I had only grabbed the Carousel of Progress fastpass and left the Space Mountain one in the machine. Anyway, happy ending, the CM was nice and gave me a Space Mountain one in place of the Carousel of Progress one.

Moral of the story: check those fastpasses before you walk away from the machines!

Thats a neat little bonus. Wonder how long that has been going on and for how much longer?

This is definitely not new. I received "surprise" FP for Phillharmagic 3 years ago, as well as on this past trip in May while at the Winnie the Pooh ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter