• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

SURPRISE!!! Disney Raises Ticket Prices at WDW Starting Sunday

Oh man!! This puts even more pressure on me to make a decision.. :sad2: I already have airline tickets for Labor Day weekend and am trying to decide if we will go to WDW or Universal.. I need to decide so if we go to WDW I can get our tickets tomorrow.. ugh..

I work at Disney Store and have not heard about a price increase for our tickets. You may want to go to your local DS for tickets!

Tjaleks said:
No problem. Just to give you Disney terminology....

All rates are subject to change until package is paid in full. After package is paid in full, rate is subject to change due to imposition of taxes or other charges of governmental authorities. All rates are in U.S. dollars.

And since this is not a tax issue we, all of us who are going during free dining, are just fine.

I'm not fine. I have one day base tickets I was planning to upgrade when I get there. :confused3

AP info

From Allearsnet.com

New Adult Annual Passport goes from $441.98 to $462.21 (tax included); while the Premium Annual Adult Passport goes from $574.05 to $595.36 (tax included).

My AP expires WEDNESDAY. I am going to try to call tomorrow and renew early. (OF course the website is broken right now... Gotta love Disney's IT shop., I hope they work cheap for the quality they provide)

No, no, no! Not now. I wanted to add a day to our tickets and due to circumstances beyond our control, I can't do it till we check in, in 21 days.

Grrrrrrr. I wonder how much difference for a 5 day to 6 day?

Does anyone know if child AP's are increasing?

AHH!! I am going 8/21-8/25 and will be purchasing TOMORROW!!!!!!

THANKS BETH FOR POSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! :thumbsup2

I think this is a way to make their money back on free dining, cuz how coincidetal that it would start right along with free dining when a lot of us want to upgrade our one days to the ap's....:( do you think i can call tomorrow and ask to apply that an dupgrade over the phone (yeah i know wishful thinking)

Thanks for the heads up. Our 45 day mark to pay off our package is 8/9. I'm going to call tomorrow instead and pay in full! Appreciate the info.

We were planning to upgrade base ticket to pass for our Sept trip. Anyone know if that can be done over the phone but not applied until our arrival? By the way our package is paid in full. Probably hopeless, but no harm in asking. Gotta save those pennies where I can... :sad2:

Once you book a package and pay the deposit, the price shouldn't change, even if you haven't made the final payment. If you have something on hold though and have not paid the initial deposit, then it could.

Just an FYI. The AP site worked for me a few minutes ago and I was able to renew at the current rate.

I think this is a way to make their money back on free dining, cuz how coincidetal that it would start right along with free dining when a lot of us want to upgrade our one days

Exactly what I was thinking. We have one day base tickets because I still have 6 days left from last year on my ticket. Now I'm going to have to pay more to upgrade my DHs ticket when we get there or upgrade both tickets now before the increase. It would be nice if you could just upgrade one of the passes rather than having to keep both the same...

dodukes said:
I think this is a way to make their money back on free dining, cuz how coincidetal that it would start right along with free dining when a lot of us want to upgrade our one days to the ap's....:( do you think i can call tomorrow and ask to apply that an dupgrade over the phone (yeah i know wishful thinking)

I highly doubt that this has anything to do with free dining....rather, energy costs. It's much more likely that we're seeing inflation at work here....or at least Disney anticipating inflation numbers continuing to rise.

I am sure someone can answer my question. If I purchase an annual pass off the Disney website for today's prices will it be good for a year from purchase date or a year from the first use date?

TnTsParty said:
I am sure someone can answer my question. If I purchase an annual pass off the Disney website for today's prices will it be good for a year from purchase date or a year from the first use date?

AP's are sent in the form of a voucher. Your year starts once you turn it in. (so in theory you could buy 5 of them today to keep the low price for the next five years)

I just ordered my tickets for our January trip. Might as well save a few $$ wherever we can!!

Thanks again.

Paula in CT

pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter