Surprise at the WL!! Pixies? FLorist? Bakery?

GEM

Mommy to Paul - 1lb 7oz wonder
My cousin and her husband are going to be spending their honeymoon at the WL in September. They picked the WL because of all my rave reviews, so I want to make sure they have a wonderful time!;)

They will be arriving in the evening, probably around 8:00p.m. I would love to have a cake, some sparkling grape juice (they don't drink alcohol), and some cute wine glasses or something like that waiting in their room for them, along with a note welcoming them to the WL.

Does anybody know how I can set this up? I know that the WDW florist could handle the drinks and the glasses, because they have a package that includes that sort of thing - but what about the cake? I guess I could have the resort bakery do the cake, but I would rather have it all come from the same place. Could the pixies at Gifts of a Lifetime set up the whole thing for me? How would they get it all into the room before my cousin arrived? Would the WL people let them in?

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Last year I ordered a basket from Pixie Gifts to be delivered on our check in day.... I wanted it to be in the room for my DD (6) to find, but when we checked into the Poly the CM at the desk just handed it to me... I was a little disappointed.... So if you want it delivered to the room and not just handed over the counter you may want to make sure that they understand that..... And maybe have it delivered on the second day??? I am staying at the WL in 2 weeks, For DD (17) birthday, I have ordered flowers and balloon from Disney, If they try to give them to me over the desk I will ask them to please deliver them to the room later....

About the Cake... I don't know.. But I'm sure who ever you choose to use will be able to help you with that....

I'm sure it will be a nice surprise for your cousin..

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge a couple of years ago for our Anniversary, and got a cake from WL room service,and a romance basket from the Disney florist.I arranged everything through Guest Services at the WL, before we left home.:D

I would also try Disney Florist for this....GofaLifetime are wonderful, but do "bigger-scale" surprises.... Call the Florist directly and they can give you lots of great ideas.

Friends of ours sent a basket with champagne, Mickey glasses, and various gourmet goodies for our anniversary. It was a nice surprise and very nice of our friends. I am not sure exactly who they called, but keep in mind, it came a day late (this was also at the WL). We didn't mind - weren't expecting anything anyways, but our friends were a little upset that they spent the money and they couldn't get it right.

We received the same basket.....wine, cheeses, crackers, etched Mickey wine glasses and shortbread cookies. It was ordered by a friend who called the WDW Florist. We were really impressed!

I went thru the same thing Bellsonmytoes did:

I ordered a gift basket from Pixi Gifts that should have contained bubble bath, champangne glasses, and a bottle of wine. I assumed it would be delivered to my room but it was handed to me by a CM during check in. Kind of tacky considering I was trying to surprise my fiance'! When they handed me a gift sack I thought it was a complimentary gift from the resort so I took it! Never stayed at a Disney resort, so I didn't know how they do things!! I don't recommend Pixi Gifts because they messed up my order. Instead of getting bubble bath, they gave me shower gel! The advantage is I never paid for the gift! Before I left for vacation I got an email from Pixi Gifts saying they would not place my order until they received payment. I was low on money at the time so I replied saying to cancel my order. That's why when the CM handed me a purple sack I thought it was from the resort!! (By the time we opened the champagne I realized they sent my order even though I told them to cancel...):rolleyes:

Diznee25
WDW Christmas Bride Dec. 2003

Have you ever thought of maybe calling guest relations at the Wilderness Lodge? I am sure they set things like this up many a times for newlyweds and whatnot. I did not really check to see if anyone mentioned this already in the thread, so if it was mentioned already, I apologize. The WL telephone number is
407-824-3200 . I hope this helps! ;)

I've seen the number for the florist on other threads, but wondered if someone would be kind enough to post it again?
Thanks!

What about The Perfect Gift. They make up gift baskets and just about anything you might want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter