Surprise AP Hotel Rates

LisaT91403

DIS Veteran
I've been checking the AP rate calendar for a couple of months now, looking at the end of August/beginning of September. Yesterday, I noticed something odd. The calendar actually shows a different (higher) rate than what you can reserve. In other words, our night at GCH shows $320 as the AP rate. However, when I put the date into an actual reservation, the offer is $245 :cool1: Pretty sweet deal for GCH!

I'm glad you found a better deal.

The AP calendar is a good incator of rates, but anyone can call reservations and ask for an AP rate and calling often yields a lower rate than what's listed online.

Thanks!!! I discovered this last year. I kept checking the ap calendar for rates for my dates and finally plugged in the dates for an actual quote. The rate was a lot less than the calendar indicated. I posted about it and now, here I am, taking the same advice from you! I forgot all about trying that. Thanks again! It's not a huge savings for my dates (early Sept) but it's something. The ap calendar says $293 for DLH but when you plug in the date to book it the rate is $276.

skiing, this isn't a phone reservation, it's the online system. The calendar sometimes gives a different rate than what you will get if you put the date into the booking box. Same page, different rate, but you don't know until you go to the book it box and ask for a quote.

ETA: My dates are on a weekend, and I just checked weekday rates and got the $249 rate quote for GCH and $225 for DLH! One day earlier than my trip, sigh.

Is there a way to check the rates if you don't have an AP yet?

We're meeting up with a friend from SoCal (just confirmed :cheer2:). At these prices, I could buy her an AP and still pay less than the AAA rates! But I wouldn't do in unless they had availability. If I call, will they tell me? I don't think I can do it online.

The AP calendar is a good incator of rates, but anyone can call reservations and ask for an AP rate and calling often yields a lower rate than what's listed online.

Clutter see above. That's why I wrote that.

Sorry, skiingfast. I'm on east coast time, and it was at the end of a VERY long day. Thanks!

I just called to check on rates in early October and was told the AP rate was just 10%. No special rates were released yet. I will keep checking.

I just called to check on rates in early October and was told the AP rate was just 10%. No special rates were released yet. I will keep checking.

You're right...the rate in Sept comes up as a "Late Summer" ap rate when you plug in the dates, but it doesn't come up in Oct. I would guess there will be a fall rate sooner or later, though. I know the parks are busy in the fall but that doesn't necessarily mean the hotels are. They haven't been this summer, anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter