Surprise Anniversary Party

Cinderelly5507

DIS Veteran
My two sisters-in-law and I are planning a surprise 35th wedding anniversary party for my in-laws. So far, we have a date (February 23), hall rented (planning For about 75-100 people), and personalized invitations ordered. Everything else is up for suggestions! Can anyone offer some advice on any area-- cake, decorations, slideshow songs, themes, food, etc.... I'd love any budget websites that you can recommend. Right now, we are planning on doing most of the food ourselves, so we will need warmers and tableware. All help is appreciated, as we are all excited, but feeling a little scattered-brained. TIA!

SAMs club has delicious and very reasonably priced sheet cakes. They are also very pretty and the will decorate each individual piece which makes planning and cutting a breeze.

SAMs or costco also for tableware.

SAMs club has delicious and very reasonably priced sheet cakes. They are also very pretty and the will decorate each individual piece which makes planning and cutting a breeze.

SAMs or costco also for tableware.

Thank you! My SIL said her MIL has a membership to SAMs!

For my parents party we sent up a table with pieces of paper and had everyone write a note and then we took their photo and put it all together as a scrapbook guestbook. My parents love seeing the photo with the notes it was not very expensive to do but is a great keepsake.

For my parents party we sent up a table with pieces of paper and had everyone write a note and then we took their photo and put it all together as a scrapbook guestbook. My parents love seeing the photo with the notes it was not very expensive to do but is a great keepsake.

My in-law's 50th wasn't a surprise party but without them knowing we got a list of everyone invited and we mailed a letter to all of them asking them to send us a letter, pictures, anything they wanted... 3 weeks before the party. We assembled a scrap book for them and gave it to them at the party. My MIL was also 4 years into fighting stage IV cancer so there wasn't a dry eye at the party. This way even people that weren't able to attend were able to participate and have their memories included. We also took pictures at the party and added them to the book later.

We discussed having people write something as well (memory, well-wishes, etc...) and/or bring an old photo of the couple. Upon entering the party, we would have the photographer take his/her picture to put with the note. I like the idea of sending the paper with the invite and either a) have them bring it to the party or b) mail it back to us. I would rather have them bring it to the party to avoid the extra costs of sending a self-addressed stamp to mail it back. I guess I could put my e-mail address so that they could email me any pictures or memories they'd like, and I could then print them out. Sorry for the ramblings, there's 3 of us (plus my brother-in-law and husband) who are planning, so lots of ideas to mesh. We all work pretty well together at least! Lol

I second the Sam's Club Cakes. We had my Mom & Dad's 50th a few years ago. I brought in their wedding picture to Sams and they printed that on the cake. That might be a idea.

We made a video of pictures set to music for my IL's 50th party. It was very well received. Try to put pictures of them with their friends also, not just family pic after family pic. We showed the movie on a white twin sheet hung on the wall and it worked fine. Our DJ provided the projector.

We did one cake with them a picture at their wedding and then another cake with a recent picture. Ours was a really big party. It was not a surprise.

We made a video of pictures set to music for my IL's 50th party. It was very well received. Try to put pictures of them with their friends also, not just family pic after family pic. We showed the movie on a white twin sheet hung on the wall and it worked fine. Our DJ provided the projector.

We did one cake with them a picture at their wedding and then another cake with a recent picture. Ours was a really big party. It was not a surprise.

Would you mind sharing the songs you used on the slideshow? We are still working out details on how to present the slideshow. I can see it being long, so I don't know if it should be a focal point or just playing in the background. Maybe we could play it once everyone is seated and eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter