Surgery on Monday

Glad to hear you are home again. Theres no place like home, although even my dh liked the hospital cafeteria food. It has won some awards they say.

Get lots of rest and let everyone take care of you.:)

One day at a time. Hang in there.

Continued prayers for you. :hug:

Another update - back in hospital with a blood clot in my lung. With any luck this will be the end of it so please continue to send good wishes.

Sorry to hear you are dealing with this bump in the road to your recovery.

I am sure you are getting excellent care and sending prayers that you will soon be home with your family and giving your little one lots of hugs and love.

Try not to get discouraged. I had 7 operations in one year. I got to be on a first name basis with some of the health care workers.

They would say, oh you are back here again, what happened now etc.

Sending you my continued prayers. Take it one day at a time. :hug:

Same thing happened to my mom after brain surgery. Thank goodness they realized you had a clot because now they can treat it. I hope and pray you are good to go soon! So glad you continue to check in.

Hi everyone... The disboards have helped me out in so many disney related ways, that when I didnt know where else to turn - I figured this was the right place.

Monday I am having the scariest surgery of my life - removal of a brain tumor. I am only 31 and I am married with a 7 month old daughter. I am so scared of not waking up and never seeing my family again - but I know that the sooner I have the surgery the better. Earlier this month we took a two week land/sea vacation at disney and I made sure to take pictures of everything! In fact, in order to keep my mind off of the surgery I've begun planning a vacation next year for my entire family (parents, siblings and their families). Believe it or not - it has really helped. Now two days before the surgery I just can't my mind straight... I don't know what I'm looking for from this...maybe just some good vibes...

Sending prayers, good vibes and lots of pixie dust your way. pixiedust:

I am in my 30's and I was diagnosed with a large blot clot about five months ago. Then was told that I needed abdominal surgery right away last month to remove 2 large tumors. I have a phobia of needles so the past several months have been stressful to say the least. I was lucky to have a brave husband that was willing to learn and administer the shots in my stomach.

All that to say I understand a little bit of what you are a dealing wiith. I just want to say if I can handle it, you can too. I'm a wuss when it comes to pain and worrying.

Hi everyone... The disboards have helped me out in so many disney related ways, that when I didnt know where else to turn - I figured this was the right place.

Monday I am having the scariest surgery of my life - removal of a brain tumor. I am only 31 and I am married with a 7 month old daughter. I am so scared of not waking up and never seeing my family again - but I know that the sooner I have the surgery the better. Earlier this month we took a two week land/sea vacation at disney and I made sure to take pictures of everything! In fact, in order to keep my mind off of the surgery I've begun planning a vacation next year for my entire family (parents, siblings and their families). Believe it or not - it has really helped. Now two days before the surgery I just can't my mind straight... I don't know what I'm looking for from this...maybe just some good vibes...

Hey! I didn't know you were on disboards!! I'll be sending you a PM on FB later today to see how you're doing.

Thanks again everyone. Reading everyone's experiences and kind words really has helped me stay positive. Hopefully ill be moving out of ICU today and with any luck home (for good!) within a week. The disboards really have been helping with my sanity and a great distraction :-)

Hi guys! Good news - I'm home. Hopefully third time's a charm! Lol. I feel beat up and frustrated bc I have no control, but it feels so good being home and I am sure in time with therapy and rest ill be back to my old self with just a few more battle wounds :-)

Glad to hear!! It is frustrating, I know it is.. But you are right, time and rest will heal the inside and out..:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter