surf lessons at typhoon lagoon..

akclayton

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done the surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon? DH and I saw they had it earlier when we were watching a Disney Parks thing on tv. He got on the Disney site and saw where they do have it. Its 2.5 hrs long and $150 per person. We were wondering how the instruction and the experience are.

Has anyone done the surf lessons at Typhoon Lagoon? DH and I saw they had it earlier when we were watching a Disney Parks thing on tv. He got on the Disney site and saw where they do have it. Its 2.5 hrs long and $150 per person. We were wondering how the instruction and the experience are.

I am an experienced surfer and went just to get "perfect" waves. I had to go through the instruction. It's very good. You have different wave sizes to choose from. The lesson takes place out of the water for the most part. Then you move into the pool. Also, there's someone there with Photopass which is cool. I think it's worth the money. The downside is that you have to get up SO early to do it unless they've changed it. Here's a pic of me there (6 years ago). Man, my hair was short! :) Let me know if you have any questions!

http://imgur.com/PL4Yhh2

My husband did it on our last trip (May of this year) and he loved it! He said everyone in the class (only about 6 of them) got to do about 10 waves. Unfortunately, the PhotoPass person is no longer there, but he had a great time! He really didnt want to spend the money to do it, but I got it as a surprise Fathers Day gift and he was so glad we did! HTH!

Thanks for posting. Sounds like we will like it. If we don't do it in August then we will the next trip. It looks like something fun to Do on the side.

My family is doing it in August. Looks like fun!

Myself, DH and DS 13 and DS12 did it last year. Absolutely loved every second and was worth every penny! They work with you a lot on the land showing you how to manuever the board and your body. Everyone in the class was riding the waves to some degree except for me. I am a water chicken and have no abdominal muscles, but still really enjoyed it. My DS12 got it the best and he has talked about it non-stop for the last year. Highly recommended!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter