Surely not a new thread but...1500 or 2000?

redstickredhead

Disnerd Forever
My DH and I are going to the Fort in Feb! We've camped before but this is our first time at the Fort.

I have a few questions:

Which tent loop do you prefer and why?

We see that the property is very large and we are rope drop fanatics. Can we take the internal bus system and connecting transport and still make it, or should we take our car and park at TTC, EPCOT, etc?

I will likely be up before dawn every morning--at that time of day should I expect a wait? (I would hope not!)

Thank you all for any info! Over three months out and I have the planning fever!!!!

redstickredhead,

Are you in Baton Rouge ("red stick")? If so I'm pulling for Coach Eaux!

I have a pop-up and have camped in 1500/2000 many times although now I stay mostly in the Preferred loops. 1500 is preferred by many over 2000 because it is very close and walkable to the main pool, Meadow Trading Post, and movie/campfire ring. There are only 21 campsites in 1500 and the tent pads are generally smaller than those in 2000 but you would fit fine unless you have a monster tent.

2000 is a little further away from the action but has the larger tent pads. It has about 70 sites and two Comfort Stations whereas 1500 shares one with 1600. The two in 2000 get quite a bit of action because with all tent or popup or Class B campers, everyone uses them. The one between 1500 and 1600 the folks in 1500 use it, sure, but the 1600 people tend to use their own rigs since they have a sewer drop. So actually I prefer to use the CS in 1500.

As far as rope drop and internal busses go, early in the morning personally I don't place a lot of faith in the internal busses. There are very few of them early in the morning and while you might luck up and catch one, it could be 15-20 minutes or longer before another comes along. I'm not very Type A but I choose to go with Plan B. We drive to all the parks other than MK. For MK we walk (or catch the bus if lucky) to the boat docks down by the lake and boat over to MK. There is a bus stop at both loops for the internal line so that is common.

When you get within 60 days of arrival you can use the Early Check-in option in MDE to indicate a preferred loop (1500 or 2000). If a site is available they will try to accommodate you.

I hope others offer their opinions.

Bama Ed

PS - the Fort is great weather wise for tent camping in February. Be aware the rates jump up going into Valentines Day so if you have the choice, go earlier to cash in on the lower rates.

Last edited:
If you are on the first bus of the morning to the parks you will make the rope drops. They start about one hour prior to opening. The MK boat, sometimes you make rope drop sometimes you get there in the middle of it. You can take the launch to the CR which starts at 6:45ish and walk to MK and make rope drop for sure.

Denise beat me....

If you want to make rope drop at MK, you are probably better taking the (smaller) boat to the Contemporary Resort and walk to MK from there. That's because the boat to the CR starts earlier then the boat from the Fort directly to the MK.

In the past we have taken the boat from the Fort to MK and made the Rope drop, but we were in the BACK of the crowd and barely made it. Now with the "Added" security at the entrance, you could get delayed longer.

Also, as it goes with the added security, the last time we were there in August, when we were "Early" it seems that EVERYONE goes through the metal detector, so just be aware of that. Once the crowd increases..... they go to "Random" guests to go through the Metal Detector.

Hope you have an awesome trip regardless what ends up happening.

Ed I sure am! Coach O seems pretty cool right now so we'll see! Go SEC!

Thank you all for the wonderful info!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter