Sure signs of not planning

Standing at TTC very confused because you don't see the monorail to AK, DHS, US or IOA!!

I actually was on the monorail once from MK. It was afternoon and there was a couple talking about getting off the monorail at the TTC so they could get the "other" monorail to Universal Studios because they wanted to ride the ET ride.

On the boat from BC to DHS a few years ago, a nicely dressed man told me his family didn't have any ADRs, they were going to play things by ear.

This was Easter week ;)

For us, the look of relaxed joy as we wander the parks just doing whatever appeals to us at that moment. Not everyone needs to plan to have a great time. :goodvibes[/QUOT

Wish this forum had a like button. LOL But we do plan at least the park we choose that day. Often we stop at guest services on the way in to see what restaurant has openings and might plan to be there and what to do to spend time till we can go eat. Then wing it again after we eat.

Even us non planners plan where to go while waiting for fast pass time to come up. " Yesterday it was "We have enough time to do Test Track while we wait for our Soarin time" That was about it, though.

We like the not knowing, the exploring, while we are there. Been doing this since the parks opened- even when we vacationed from up North.

But the best line overheard from a tired dad yesterday at EPCOT" This is the 5th time we have walked around the world to get somewhere"

Two statements made before trip they were taking during a holiday:

We're just going to wake up & then decide where to go & what to do.
No we're not making dining reservations. When we get hungry we'll find a restaurant.

I tried warning them before hand, but was looked at like I had two heads. Surprisely, their vacation didn't go that well.

Oh got one that happened the other morning. My sister in law texts me at 6 am and asked for a list of restaurants in Disney for a lady she works with and what the name of the show over the water was. The lady she worked with was leaving that morning! Lol

Oh wait I got another from a neighbor. They think we r crazy Disney people. We were over their place. They ask where we usually stay and ask why we never stayed at the castle for our daughter. They followed up with her saying her mother in law told their daughter that their first trip they will stay in the castle. I went outside for a beer with her husband and left my wife to field that one.

A lot of folks are mentioning no ADRs. I had a co-worker several years who said he had been to WDW many times. He was telling me about his upcoming trip for Spring Break in (at the time) a few weeks. He was really excited because he had purchased the DxDP. He was savvy enough to call it by the correct name. But when I asked him where he had reservations, he said he wasn't making any. I thought to myself, "Those are going to be the most expensive chicken tenders he will ever eat!"

In March 2011, during Spring Break, we were staying at POP and were just coming in for an afternoon break from the parks. We saw a man, woman and child in the check-in line. They had just driven several hours to get to Disney, child in tow, with NO RESERVATION AT ALL.

The CMs were apologizing because, of course, third and fourth week of March was totally booked. They were suggesting off-site locations for him to try...

Wow. Talk about not planning at all...I hope they found something, only because of the cute little kid. I would hate to think of the little guy being unable to go to Disney because his parents couldn't plan anything in advance.

Another story: my parents' chiropractor did make reservations on his one family trip to WDW. They made no ADRs, did not research anything in advance. He told my parents that Disney is awful, all you do is stand in line all day and never do anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter