Suprise anniversary trip tips please!

Stitch35

Mouseketeer
Hi! I'm new to the board. My wife told me about it a while back. Now I'm trying to plan a suprise trip to Disneyland for just her and I, without the kids, and I'm lost. She's the one that plans everything, usually. Our 11 year anniversary is Valentine's Day. I'm planning on taking her from the 12-14 of Feb. So I guess my questions to you all is

Where is a nice place to stay less then 100/nt?

Where are the good places to eat?

Are there adult things to do at Disneyland?

Any tips to make it special?

We've gone a few times in recent years, but always with our young kids. Is it still fun without the kids? Sorry so many questions, but I really am lost as to how to go about doing all this and really don't want to ask my wife. Thanks ya'll!

I think that this is a wonderful anniversary present!

I would definitely consider reservations at Napa Rose for dinner. it is a grown-up atmoshere with a great wine selection , so take advantage of a kid-less trip for some indulgence.

Plus, the music and general wonder of a World of Color show I think can be very romantic too, so perhaps schedule that in as well?

Napa Rose is very romantic but can be very expensive, other options would be Blue Bayou (which still can run you a bit) or look into the Jazz Kitchen in DTD. For our 25th, we did Cafe Orleans & found it to be our best meal & very relaxing.

We made sure to get our Anniversary buttons at City Hall & wore them the entire trip! We asked about riding in the wheelhouse of the Mark Twain & sitting with the pilot on the monorail.....we got to do both & very special treats!!

We also did the rides the kids couldn't or didn't like to do, took in shows like Billy Hill at the Golden Horseshoe & Aladdin at DCA. We enjoyed not feeling rushed & looked thru shops with lots of fragile stuff in them that we couldn't do with kids in tow.

You want special then I am your man.

Before we went for our anniversary I took the wife ring shopping and when she found the one she wanted I insisted we look some more after our trip. Well I went down to the jewerly store unknown to her and bought her the ring. I hide the ring so she wouldn't have a clue.

On our last day at the park first thing in the morning I decided that that we would head to Fantasyland. In front of the castle I got down on 1 knee and asked my wife to marry me again.

You can also have flowers delivered to the hotel and have them placed in your room while at the park. Lots of nice places to eat in DTD such as House of Blues which is also a night club which may be nice with out the kids.

Oh you are so sweet!!!! It is more than $100 a night, but check the rates at the GCH, maybe they will be alittle down and you can get it in the high $100's. That hotel is so romantic and amazing!! We stayed there last month and it was wonderful!! I think even something as simple as watching the fireworks in each other's arms is simplly romantic. But I have been with my DH for 24 years and he has not an ounce or even a speck of romance in him LOL I'd do the Napa Rose dinner, ride lots of rides together with just the two of you, stroll around holding hands, make a special wish in Snow White's wishing well, and I LOVE the idea/suggestion about giving her something in front of the casle and asking her to remarry you.

Have fun, congratulations and happy planning!!

Another alternative to Napa Rose (at the Grand Californian Hotel) is Steakhouse 55 (at the Disneyland Hotel).

You'll have to shop around the various hotel properties for under $100/night. Also if you have AAA or can get govt rates, try those out for a better deal. You can also try Expedia.com & put in the amount you want to pay. You can sometimes get really good deals (though I haven't tried them).

For adult things - you might try the dessert buffet at Fantasmic, if it's running. There is also the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour. If you like Disneyland I recommend this tour.

Have a wonderful trip & keep us posted. :)

We've done Priceline (name your own price) a few times to get a nice hotel for a cheap price. We got the hyatt once and i think the other time was the hilton and both times we got it for about $50/night. These are nicer hotels but not within walking distance. They also charge a lot for parking. I believe it was $12 or $14 a day. My personal favorite hotel within walking disance is the Candy Cane Inn. Their cheapest prices are usually a little over $100 though. I think 2 years ago we got our room for $112 and that was with a slight upgrade to get one king bed instead of 2 queens. But it is a cute little hotel with free breakfast, free parking, free shuttle.

start going through the sticky thread for newbies. We just had our anniversary dinner at Blue Bayou make sure to ask for a waterfront table they are worth. The wait believe me.

DO Get the Anniversary Buttons at Disneyland's Town Hall!! We DID and we got upgraded at Taste Pilots' Grill from just a booth to a reserved table, with a white table cloth real china plates, and real silverware!! It was so nice after days of paper and plastic!!!! It made our Chili Burger very Magical!!

$100. hotels on Harbor Blvd across from the walk way to DL!! Like these hotels!!

Desert Inn and Suites - 1600 S. Harbor Blvd So Close it is easy to walk to and from DL and Desert Inn and Suites!! Especially good if you will have children with you! Free breakfast.
http://www.anaheimdesertinn.com/room_suites.htm

Best Western Park Place Inn -1544 South Harbor Blvd-As close, a great hotel.
and Mini Suites. has a hot breakfast i think?
http://www.parkplaceinnandminisuites.com/amenities.asp

Carousel Inn & Suites - 1530 South Harbor Blvd- Also close, but also close to McDonald's great for breakfast to save money for meals in the Parks or for souvenirs!!
http://www.carouselinnandsuites.com/stay.htm

Anaheim Fairfield Inn by Marriott -1460 South Harbor Blvd- A little further away But closest to McDonald's, There is Breakfast or coffee right on your way to DL!!http://www.marriott.com/hotels/hotel...eyland-resort/

Tropicana Inn & Suites 1540 South Harbor Blvd - Is also close to the walk way.
http://www.tropicanainn-anaheim.com/rooms.asp#dking

Now these two are further away but each has it's own good thing,

Candy Cane Inn, Anaheim -1747 South Harbor Blvd - They Have there own bus that runs every half an hour!! And free breakfast.
http://www.candycaneinn.net/

Howard Johnson Hotel -1380 South Harbor Blvd - Is the furthest away on Harbor Blvd. But they have the Entertainment Book rates!!http://www.hojoanaheim.com/what-you-get/rooms

Someone here will Post the HOJO Entertainment Book rates page for you soon!!!!

try www.Restaurant.com for House of Blues discount certificates.
$25 Gift Certificate | Your Price $10 / $50 Gift Certificate | Your Price $20

Here is a Map to see where the hotels are Located!!

kuazc.jpg

It's not the closest to the parks (though you can walk- takes us about 15 minutes- or take the ART shuttle which picks up right at the hotel) but we love the Anaheim Marriott over by the convention center. It's definitely a four star hotel with great service. Typically quiet, too. The nights you mentioned are $109 per night, but if you're driving, they have a package for $139 that includes parking (usually $21 more) and their GLORIOUS breakfast buffet for every day of your stay. Custom omelets, eggs Benedict, waffles, fresh fruit, the best pastries I've ever had... It's classy- much more so than the hotels/motels on Harbor across from the park. I think it would be a great anniversary hotel. Oh, and you can request a high floor room facing Disneyland... you'll be able to see the fireworks from your balcony!

Wear the anniversary buttons. Maybe get the bride and groom ears if you really want some attention!

Several others have mentioned upscale restaurants, but I'll throw in a recommendation for Carnation Cafe. Not exactly romantic, but it is terribly quaint. Plus great food and very affordable. Make a reservation just so you don't have to wait in line!

Have fun and good luck with the surprise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter