Supportive swimsuits

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
Ladies, I need your help! As someone who is a member of the Dolly Parton club, I struggle to find swimsuits that are truly supportive. What brands have you found that give support to your upper half?

I can’t speak to brand as much as type, since I don’t know what size suit you wear, and not all brands come in all sizes. I have found I get better support in a tankini top than in a regular one or two piece. Look for ones where the bra portion of the suit has a separate closure in the back like a traditional bra for the best support. Then you can have whatever type of swim bottom you choose, bikini, swim shorts, etc.

I do well with bra companies that also do swimwear. It's especially good if they are sized in bra sizes and have an underwire. IDK what bra brand(s) you buy from, but I'd check there first. Also, two pieces tend to work better for me than one pieces. They make modest tankinis, if showing skin is a concern.

To me Aerie for 2 piece/ bikini type suits with Miraclesuits, Magic Suit & some Ralph Lauren are favorites for tankini and one piece.

Title Nine and Athleta have suits in bra sizes.

You can also go to Swimoutlet.com for bra sizes.

Title Nine and swimoutlet are incredibly easy to return items if you they don't fit or like them. Title Nine donates bras that have been worn but the purchaser decides it doesn't work for them to womens shelters.

Ladies, I need your help! As someone who is a member of the Dolly Parton club, I struggle to find swimsuits that are truly supportive. What brands have you found that give support to your upper half?
My sister suggests looking at Torrid or Lane Bryant for something that will offer support. That is where she gets hers. She also mentioned Romans. I am not sure if I spelled that correctly. Also Bare Necessities, Freya and Athleta.

I do well with bra companies that also do swimwear. It's especially good if they are sized in bra sizes and have an underwire. IDK what bra brand(s) you buy from, but I'd check there first. Also, two pieces tend to work better for me than one pieces. They make modest tankinis, if showing skin is a concern.
Ditto.

Bra sized is the answer. Fantasie is my go to as a small band midish alphabet cup. I toss a rash guard over a bikini top when I want more modest coverage.

Lands End. Super quality and lots of suits and separates to choose from and you can select cup size for lots of their items. Bought my first tankini top, bottoms, matching shorts and rash gaurd and they are the best swimwear I've ever had.

Took a big chance on a Lands End bathing suit a few years ago. As a Canadian it isn’t cheap or easy to do, we pay duty and taxes and exchange etc etc. Returns aren’t great either. A big busted friend said she swears by them though so I ordered one. Absolutely zero regrets! I feel so good in that bathing suit, highly recommend as others have mentioned!

Lands End and Lane Bryant are my go to places. We live on a lake so I go through a lot of swim suits. I also find that I do best with a tankini style.

Ditto.

Bra sized is the answer. Fantasie is my go to as a small band midish alphabet cup. I toss a rash guard over a bikini top when I want more modest coverage.
Bra Sized swim is NOT usually the answer for cups D and up, unfortunately. I learned that the hard way. I think it probably works great for smaller cup sizes. All the suits I ordered were MUCH smaller and less supportive than an identically sized bra.

I struggle with this as a 36D with a short torso. So far, I've found the best supportive fit with the brand Croft & Barrow from Kohls.

Spinoff question about Lands End. Are all their swimsuits that same heavy, thick fabric? A few years ago, I ordered a couple swimsuits from there and I returned them because they were SO thick and heavy. They didn't have that light weight typical swimsuit feel to them. They were of a fabric that seemed like it would collect lint if I wore a t shirt over then. Like, kind of rough. Is that typical of the brand? Or was that just the particular ones I ordered. I returned them and haven't ever considered the brand again.

Spinoff question about Lands End. Are all their swimsuits that same heavy, thick fabric? A few years ago, I ordered a couple swimsuits from there and I returned them because they were SO thick and heavy. They didn't have that light weight typical swimsuit feel to them. They were of a fabric that seemed like it would collect lint if I wore a t shirt over then. Like, kind of rough. Is that typical of the brand? Or was that just the particular ones I ordered. I returned them and haven't ever considered the brand again.
I have a few tankinis from them and I agree that the suit is really heavy. I have some swimshorts and those suckers would never dry--can't stand to wear them. Now last summer I did buy a few one pieces from them when they had them in Kohl's and they feel a little better to me. I didn't get a chance to swim in them yet.

I have a few tankinis from them and I agree that the suit is really heavy. I have some swimshorts and those suckers would never dry--can't stand to wear them. Now last summer I did buy a few one pieces from them when they had them in Kohl's and they feel a little better to me. I didn't get a chance to swim in them yet.
Okay, thank you. I hear SO many people sing the praises of this brand and that was just SUCH a turnoff for me. I got hot and sweaty just trying them on in my own house. I was like, there is NO way I could actually wear these at the beach or pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter