Support group for us no pin people!?

For the unlucky ones, just keep trying dont give up yet. I didn't get one on my main account for quite some time. I then created 3 other accounts and within 5 days 2 out of the three had received the 20/30/40 pins. Here's what i did.

I created 3 accounts with different email providers.(gmail, yahoo, msn)

Built 2 itineraries on each. One with me saying im staying off disney property and one with me looking for accomidations. Both saying they need tickets also.

I took the one thats looking for a resort and did a room only search and saved 3 offers. One for deluxe, moderate, and value.

I made sure that my profiles said that i visited Disney 10+ times.

After that made sure that I was receiving offers and signed up for the weekly newsletter.

The after that 5 days later i was sent pins on 2 of the 3 newly created accounts.

Hope this helps, good luck to everyone thats still looking.

I did the same as above, except I also chose the option that I was only interested in hotel room only, and not a package, (dining, tickets, & hotel.)
This can be found when your creating your day-to-day itinirary. Scroll all the way down, and you'll see the options for what type of packages you are interested in. (You can only choose one.)

We got the 20/30/40 pin and the week we're going was included, 12/5 - 12/11. I know people who got this pin, and this week wasn't vaild for them. So I feel extremely lucky!! And we're staying at AKL for the first time! :cloud9:

Thanks to everyone for the advice on how to get a pin, we wouldn't be staying at AKL if it weren't for you. :worship:

And continued luck for those still waiting. pixiedust:

diznee25 ::MinnieMo

So I just got the white rabbit pin email. It came on the yahoo account I set up a couple of weeks ago misspelling my last name and using my brother's address....not in their system. I didn't enter any phone number. I had created itineraries, deleted them after a few days, created maps, etc...

I had already booked our trip for the beginning of August with the public 25% discount at BC. Can I use this to get a deeper discount? Do I just call and apply it?

And what is it that I need to change in my profile before calling? Obviously, the spelling of my last name. I should change the address to my own? Anything else I need to be aware of when calling them?

Thanks and tons o tons o tons o pixie dust for those still waiting for pins!!!!

pixiedust:

I have joined you...:headache:

I am such an idiot! I had made my DH an account on Disney, but then I hadn't filled out any of the profile! DUH!!!!!:mad:

So, I just finished filling it out, and said that he wanted the newsletter sent to him, only wanted contact via email, and home address, and didn't fill in a phone number. I also spelled our address differently. We live on Zackry Trace, so as you can imagine, Zackry gets spelled a million different ways, but we still get our mail.

Ok, crossing my fingers now. We have our trip planned already with free dining, and I am very happy with that, bc otherwise, we wouldn't go to all the character meals we are going too, and the dinner show, but, we are wanting to start planning our next trip, so a pin would help that!

I hope to join the pin Disers soon!!!!

The only thing we have ever received was the photopass coupon code, and then a pin back in the summer that was basically expired when we got it!

Well.....I'm a bit disappointed. I FINALLY received that white rabbit 40% pin. I called to apply it to our reservations and he told me that there aren't any rooms from that type of discount block available. Even though we already have reservations (made long ago), they only have a certain number of 40% pin discount rooms available and they're all booked. I can't believe I spent all that time trying to trigger that email and I can't even use it :confused:

He said I could keep trying to call back with the pin in the hopes that someone will have canceled. Then they'd be able to apply the pin to our existing reservation. Though he said that would be unlikely.

Grrrrrrr. Thanks for listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryz View Post
Based on my "conversation" with the automated voice, I'm thinking you have to go at least once in the last five years, and more than once overall.

Is this really true?
I thought I have seen people on the dis get one in the process of planning their first trip. I'd love to know since this is our first trip as a family. I've been as a child, and my DD has been with my parents. DH has never been. Would love to know if I definitely CANT get one.

I don't think so. I haven't been in over 30 years and got a pin and was able to apply it to my existing reservation.

Once you set up your profile and everything, how long did it take for you to start receiving emails from Disney?

Once you set up your profile and everything, how long did it take for you to start receiving emails from Disney?

That day (Welcome to Disney.com) and then the next day got the Thanks for joining us. Then the fluff begins.

I signed up on a Saturday, received the welcome letter that day, and then the following Friday I got the 20/30/40 Pin Code.

I filled out my profile, intinarary, and saved a few vacation packages on the day I signed up. And then I never logged back in. (A watched pot never boils!) ;)

diznee25 ::MinnieMo

Well.....I'm a bit disappointed. I FINALLY received that white rabbit 40% pin. I called to apply it to our reservations and he told me that there aren't any rooms from that type of discount block available. Even though we already have reservations (made long ago), they only have a certain number of 40% pin discount rooms available and they're all booked. I can't believe I spent all that time trying to trigger that email and I can't even use it :confused:

He said I could keep trying to call back with the pin in the hopes that someone will have canceled. Then they'd be able to apply the pin to our existing reservation. Though he said that would be unlikely.

I am planning to go the week prior to you. Was the discount not available for any deluxe room at any resort or only at BC?

What is going on, that email account has not even received the welcome email! UGH!!!!!

I am planning to go the week prior to you. Was the discount not available for any deluxe room at any resort or only at BC?

BC and YC standard view were unavailable. Upgrading the view would have washed the value of the pin. So I'm just going to call back occasionally to see if anything frees up. We only want to stay at BC....love it there....even if we can't use the pin.

Good luck to you!

I created a new email account on Friday night used an old address. I received the welcome email so far and a create a video. I did a few itineraries and saved some packages so I am going to let it be and sit back and wait.. again. Starting to get desperate as vacation is in about 5 weeks now!

My Dh's email is set up through yahoo, so I have no idea what is going on! I am so annoyed! I called Disney, and they led me through the steps to make sure I have everything set up right, and it is.

There is a huge part of me that wants to call and find out if their is a "pin" attached to that account or not! UGH!!!!

would it work if you changed to a different resort?

i got it i got it!!!!!

finally after 2 months of trying. I caught a White Rabbit!

What I did was of course like all the above.
- created a new email with Yahoo
- created an account a Disneyworld.com and created 2 itineraries for different dates, one for needing accommodations and selected the resort I was interested in (I think this is key) and one that I was staying off-site.
- saved two packages.
- I also used my parent's computer that had never been used for Disney stuff before (I think this is key)
- I used an old address and misspelled my last name
- created an account with disneydestinations.com
- let it be

I created the account on Friday night.
received welcome email, create a video yesterday, then white rabiit in my spam folder today.

I am so happy... going to call this afternoon, I think we are going to add a day and upgrade to club level:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am so happy... going to call this afternoon, I think we are going to add a day and upgrade to club level:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

CONGRATS!!!! I was catching up on this thread before letting you know that I called again today to use my 40% pin. I'm the one who couldn't use it 5 days ago because those 40% rooms were unavailable. Well, both standard AND water view rooms were available to use the pin!! Apparently it's just timing and luck :cool1:

I couldn't control myself. We already had the 25% public discount from back when we originally booked standard view. It turns out that the 40% on a water view costs virtually the same amount as our standard view. Soooooo....I did it!!! :banana:

My dd13 is going to freak out! We're not even in the room that much and it's going to be 1,000 degrees there in August but she really wanted that water view instead of trees.

We're just lucky to be going....so excited!

Good luck getting your CL on the pin....keep me posted!

Well, we got an extra day and upgraded to club level for $500 more. We could have just added and extra day and break even but DH really wanted club level. (that includes lodging tickets and Plus dining plan)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter