• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Support Group and Therapy - Thanks to all

hopeful4fl

DisneySpirit
I would like to personally thank ALL members who contribute to this forum. In the Lonnnnnnnnnng haul of purchasing resale, with total timelines extending into months, the members here were an excellent information source and frankly, almost a set of sympathizing family members.
Best of luck to those in the purchasing process and in the end, it is TRULY worth it.

It truly is. The one distinction is the price bargain you get on a resale. It is worth it, though VERY stressful during the process. That is why I had this open ended thank you to all the people who helped with this.

I don't know if I'd call buying DVC a "bargain". It's definitely a better deal than buying direct though.

It seems like resale is quite the process...like buying a home.
Yes, that's exactly what it's like. Because it is. It's a deeded real estate interest, so it's exactly like buying a home, but with the added complexity where Disney has to create an account for you before you can "move in."

It also qualifies as a second/vacation home for the mortgage interest deduction, and the property taxes are also deductible.

Last edited:
and they have had a linearly increasing curve on timeline lately.

I think (expect and hope) that the initial investment will stay or grow, so that the only cost is lost interest and yearly dues. When balanced against the vacations and increasing cost of "pampered" stay, rather than bargain rooms, (at least for us) makes it worth it.

Why is it stressful? Just the waiting/timeframe? I believe I'm about to jump in line so just wondering.

Stressful cause you do not know if you (as a buyer) will get the contract, or Disney will decide to exercise their right of first refusal (and you lose the contract).
Second factor of stress is if you have a vacation you are trying to book within the 7 or 11 month window, and the delay after delay may preclude you from making the window of reservation.

I appreciate all the support and I just finished the ROFR process after 50 days. Our sellers forgot to bank points so we had a minor set back. Checking back each day and seeing the encouragement helped the time go by. It's nice to have people who are going thru the same process you are,

Yeah we showed up on OCC Website today!!! So excited!!! Thank you to everybody for your support. 81 days from when it was sent to Disney to showing up on OCC. Only one more wait ....till we get our memeber # so we can book.

Good Luck to everybody!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter