supply packers...help!

challada

DIS Veteran
I first have to start with thanking everyone on these boards...you guys have been a wonderful help in getting us overplanning types super ready for our first cruise!

Here's my question....those of you who pack the supplies (ie, per the long list w/the duct tape, power strip, suction cups, etc)....how many luggage and how big do you end up taking?
I started tossing all those supplies into a luggage this week (to get them off my closet floor) and have already filled my biggest luggage and have NO CLOTHES! There are 3 of us traveling so we can have 6 luggage but I was hoping for only 3-4.
THANKS
Chris

you should fill that stuff in around the clothes already packed. Duct tape (should you decide to take it) can easily slide into the empty space next to your shorts. stuff like that. Don't take so much as to not have a good time. Good luck.

Hi! Are you staying at a hotel beforehand? I packed a box with duct tape, extension cord, water shoes, floaties, laundry supplies, etc. and a duffle bag and sent it priority mail to the Polynesian. They held it for a day or two for us and it was delivered to our room soon after check-in. How convenient!!

Think small and travel size. Instead of taking a whole roll of duct tape, roll a good bit around a pencil or pen...and you can buy a package of "flat" duct tape, but it's cheaper if you just roll some around something. Slide the suction hooks into a pair of shoes you are packing, etc. Hope this helps.

Thanks all...keep the ideas coming! I never thought of the pencil duct tape idea! Shoes should fit LOTS of stuff since I've found that I'm bringing 12 pairs between the 3 of us...even my clock and stuff could fit in the shoes!

We're doing west coast, so don't know about shipping!

THANKS ALL!
Chris

I packed most of that stuff in a separate duffel bag. Most of it didn't come home with me, so I had an extra bag for souveniers.

Denae

:cool1: And don't forget to pack all that special "soft" toilet paper! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Does anyone remember the thread about bringing your own toilet paper 'cause DCL's was too "rough"? :sad2:

I worked in the supplies around everything else. For our 7 day cruise (with an extra day afterward), I think we had 6 checked bags for the 4 of us, and each one had a carryon backpack.

For the 10 day cruise, with 3 days before and 1 day after, we had 8 checked bags, and 4 carry ons! But we had 3 formal nights, and we were packing for temperatures from 30 degrees to 85 degrees!

We are a family of 5 and we each take one large suitcase (not a behemoth, just large). Sometimes my girls (21 and 17) will take one extra shoe bag between them (which they have to carry LOL)

We each usually have a carryon as well. I am the one who usually packs the laundry detergent, extension cord, etc. in my bag and I do as other posters have said...just fit those things around my clothes and never had a problem!!! Don't pack any valuables like jewlery, electronics, medications in your checked bag...keep them in your carryon.

Here is a pic of the size of luggage and carryon that I take each cruise.....I use this for the 4 day as well as the 7 day cruise...click the link....

http://community.webshots.com/photo/197639313/197640015XrvNBD

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter