• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Supermarket enroute to HKDL??

charmama4

DIS Veteran
I'm in the planning stages for my trip in the fall. I'd like to know if there is a supermarket on the way from the airport to the park. Would it be possible to take a taxi or train to the supermarket then jump back on a train (I really want to ride the Mickey train!) to the park with ease?

If you want to go directly from the airport to the grocery store, just take a taxi to the CityGate shopping mall there in Tung Chung. It has a big grocery store called Taste. It's not too far, I'm guessing 5-10 minutes? After you're done shopping, there is an MTR train station just outside of the mall (just follow the signs), and take the train only one stop to Sunny Bay, where you transfer to the Disney line.

If you want to go directly from the airport to the grocery store, just take a taxi to the CityGate shopping mall there in Tung Chung. It has a big grocery store called Taste. It's not too far, I'm guessing 5-10 minutes? After you're done shopping, there is an MTR train station just outside of the mall (just follow the signs), and take the train only one stop to Sunny Bay, where you transfer to the Disney line.
Fantastic! Very helpful!

Yes, was just going to say that Tung Chung would be your best bet. It will be a long train ride altogether though - you might consider taking a taxi to Tung Chung, especially if you've got lots of luggage with you. If you take the train, it's quite a long ride to Tsing Yi, which is in the opposite direction that you want to go, then change onto the metro there and pretty much double back on exactly where you've just come from to get back to Tung Chung, which is right near the airport.

From Tung Chung, you'll take the train to Sunny Bay, change onto the Disney train, then get onto a Disney shuttle bus to your hotel (I assume you're staying onsite).

Yes, was just going to say that Tung Chung would be your best bet. It will be a long train ride altogether though - you might consider taking a taxi to Tung Chung, especially if you've got lots of luggage with you. If you take the train, it's quite a long ride to Tsing Yi, which is in the opposite direction that you want to go, then change onto the metro there and pretty much double back on exactly where you've just come from to get back to Tung Chung, which is right near the airport.

From Tung Chung, you'll take the train to Sunny Bay, change onto the Disney train, then get onto a Disney shuttle bus to your hotel (I assume you're staying onsite).
Awesome! Thank you. Getting real excited about our upcoming trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter