• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Supercallifragilistic-ADR'sApproachUs! May '09 PTR *Trip Report has Begun! Pg. 208*

I am glad you are getting the shirt.:goodvibes It was made for you! I love going out for breakfast, especially if it is at Disney! Main Street Bakery, two words CINNAMON ROLL. They are the best!! You can use a snack credit the night before as you leave MK and have breakfast in the room in the morning. I have been to Akerhaus (SP?) for breakfast. The character interaction is really good. If I remember correctly they had really good cheesy potatoes and sticky buns. I don't think there was a lot of variety but what I had was good. Kona breakfast looks wonderful. I would go for the pancakes as well.:thumbsup2 I don't think you can go wrong with Crystal Palace. It looks like you have some great choices. Oh, and if you need a last minute ADR, Boatwright's breakfast is great.

To answer, yes, school bread IS the breakfast of champions.

Much a like a cinnamon bun from the Main Street bakery so huge, you'll question your capability to really eat it all by yourself, and then do it anyway. :lmao:

Great update! Good for you on the shirt. Hey, anything that gets you excited for your trip and motivates you to get healthy is a-okay in my book! Everyone needs a little motivation sometimes. :goodvibes

I hope you eat at Kona so I can live vicariously through you. I still haven't made it there yet. And I've debated breakfast with the princesses at Akershus as well, but have never bit the bullet. I'm DED over the fact that the massive iron chandeliers are a selling point for you. You crack me up, dearie, but in a totally good way. :thumbsup2
I am not a huge cinnamon bun fan but I bet the Disney ones are just magical. Hehehe. I am still undecided about Kona, I have to think on it some more.
Do you really expect anything different from me? I actually some light fixture pictures at another Disney food establishment today and it clinched that I want to eat there. :rolleyes1

Yeah!! I'm so glad you bought it! It's perfect for you! And there is nothing wrong with a little wardrobe inspiration to fuel our fitness efforts!

How far in advance do they usually post park hours? When does your ADR window open?

Breakfasts. Tough for me as I'm not a breakfast lover. :confused3 Unless it comes w/ a mimosa. ;)

I think if I'm not crazy that POR has beignets in the food court? If so, you must try! :thumbsup2 Although not necessarily for breakfast. ;)

Your rationale for Akershush - the Unoffical Guide talks about their "massive chandelier" - cracks me up!!! :lmao:

Like your strategy at Kona -- best of both worlds!
Our ADR window is going to open up with the masses in December sometime I think. Which is a little frustrating but I will survive.

:thumbsup2 I like the way you think, girlfriend!!

I'm so happy you bought yourself that shirt... it is sooooo you:goodvibes

Good choices for bfast!! I liked Boma's bfast alot though too... I'd be sorely tempted to do that again... and hit AK rope drop:upsidedow

All these plans are killing me.... i don't want to wait til July... I wonder if i can squeeze something in sooner.... NO...DO...NOT....LOOK....MUST...NOT...BOOK....MUST....KEEP...CURRENT....PLANS....MUST....NOT....BUCKLE....UNDER.....

:rotfl:

Paula
Have you buckled yet??

Love the shirt! I need to make the family walk, too, before our next trip, but with the cold weather coming all I want to do is curl up under a blanket!

Your breakfast ADRs look good -- we have eaten at all of them at one time or another and enjoyed all of them -- Kona and Crystal Palace would be our favorites of those.
It's so much harder to walk in cold weather and impossible in snow. I have a great walking DVD so I need to dig that out again.

Love the shirt! It is so you. Imagine you in that shirt in front of the castle....perfect!
I think it does sound perfect!

The ADR's look pretty good so far. I've actually never had breakfast at any of them. I'll be curious to hear about them.
CP is the only we'll be repeating. We are not huge breakfasts eaters but I figure it will help keep us fueled.

Love the shirt it's great!
Thanks!

Am I missing something....are you planning on skipping the MARY POPPINS character breakfast at 1900 PF AGAIN???? Strawberry Soup...hello!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Stay tuned....

LL, I really think that next Dec. we need to do a Princess breakfast meal. Just so we can hang out with our own kind, and get into the parks early for some photo time.;)
Absolutely!! I am sure Marc would love to sleep in and not have to be subjected to more Princesses! :laughing:

I'm here I'm here, sorry I'm late!! I can't wait to hear about all your plans for your next trip in this PTR!!

Love the shirt!! 3 of my shirts that I have recently bought have come from Lane Bryant. I too am trying to lose weight so we can motivate each other LOL!!!

Anyways great start and I can't wait to hear more!!!

PS..I'm going in December too...when are you going???
Excellent! I'll take all the motivating I can get!

I am glad you are getting the shirt.:goodvibes It was made for you! I love going out for breakfast, especially if it is at Disney! Main Street Bakery, two words CINNAMON ROLL. They are the best!! You can use a snack credit the night before as you leave MK and have breakfast in the room in the morning. I have been to Akerhaus (SP?) for breakfast. The character interaction is really good. If I remember correctly they had really good cheesy potatoes and sticky buns. I don't think there was a lot of variety but what I had was good. Kona breakfast looks wonderful. I would go for the pancakes as well.:thumbsup2 I don't think you can go wrong with Crystal Palace. It looks like you have some great choices. Oh, and if you need a last minute ADR, Boatwright's breakfast is great.
I think the snack credit for breakfast or even late night munching sounds great to me! I did read about the cheesy potatoes!

I am not a huge cinnamon bun fan but I bet the Disney ones are just magical. Hehehe. I am still undecided about Kona, I have to think on it some more.
Do you really expect anything different from me? I actually some light fixture pictures at another Disney food establishment today and it clinched that I want to eat there. :rolleyes1

Oh, you are too funny.

I have never, ever in my life, met someone who decides where they want to eat based on the light fixtures.

Overall decor, ambience, FOOD, yes. Light fixtures? You have some kind of serious obsession girl. ;)

Oh, you are too funny.

I have never, ever in my life, met someone who decides where they want to eat based on the light fixtures.

Overall decor, ambience, FOOD, yes. Light fixtures? You have some kind of serious obsession girl. ;)
Well in all fairness I was reading the review because I am interested in the food. But they had tons of shots of the whole restaurant and it was so beautiful as were the light fixtures.
This shouldn't surprise you. Did you read that I was admiring Longhorn's light fixtures the other day? :rolleyes1

I'm here I'm here, sorry I'm late!! I can't wait to hear about all your plans for your next trip in this PTR!!

Love the shirt!! 3 of my shirts that I have recently bought have come from Lane Bryant. I too am trying to lose weight so we can motivate each other LOL!!!

Anyways great start and I can't wait to hear more!!!

PS..I'm going in December too...when are you going???

I forgot to answer your December question! We are going in December 2009. So we still have over a year to wait for the pretty Christmas Lights & Decorations.

Joining in a little late!

Yay for 3 trips withing 15 months!!! :yay:

I'm super jealous.

Love the chandelier shirt!

Oh you are not late!! Thanks for joining in. It still doesn't feel real that I have two trips coming up in 2009. I feel like if I pinch myself I will wake up. :laughing:

I bought the Chandelier Tee Shirt from Lane Bryant.

1897990.jpg

I am a little worried about the size of the Tee because sometimes their Tee's are cut smaller than their regular shirts.

This shirt is SO you!!! I wanted to tell you that I have two VERY similar from LB---they are the exact same just different colors and patterns---and I LOVE them!!! They are both some of my favorite summer tees. The shirt is cut a little closer to the body than their regular shirts---BUT having said that, I think if you ordered your size, it will fit fine!! I think the cut of them actually makes them VERY flattering!!!! I really love the ruching at the v-neck--I have often joked that I would like to do that to all my t-shirts!!! Marc will LOVE it!!! ;) ;) I'm so bad!!!

Breakfast ADR's.

* Crystal Palace --- This one is pretty set in stone. We LOVED getting into Magic Kingdom before the park opened. I dream about that Breakfast Lasagna and Breakfast Pizza. Yummmmm.

* Akersush Royal Banquet Hall --- I am not too interested in lunch here but the thought of a Princess Breakfast sounds pretty darn awesome to me. Plus the Unofficial Guide talks about their "massive iron chandeliers." I think this would also give me the chance to knock a few Princess character meet & greets off my list with a minimal amount of park time sacrificed. You know I wasn't too convinced but now listing my reasons makes me even more sure that this would be a good meal for us.

* O'hanas --- I sacrificed this reservation last trip for the Crystal Palace one. I am not 100% even though I would love to meet Lilo & Stitch. The food doesn't do much for me, it's more about the characters.

* Kona Cafe --- Another ADR that was sacrificed last trip. We had planned to go one morning but let's just say we were tired. I blame the way too comfy Wilderness Lodge beds. I don't want the Tonga Toast, I want the Macadamia Nut Pancakes. Of course I would convince Marc he wants the Tonga Toast so I could try it. Muhahahaha!

* Main Street Bakery --- Though not a place that needs an ADR, I would still like to eat one of their yummy looking selections. I plan to fit this in on a MK morning when we aren't doing CP.

My two cents for what it is worth---probably only about half a cent!!!

--I don't blame you for keeping the CP breakfast---you can't beat getting in MK early, and the food is REALLY good!!! The setting is so pretty too---a win/win!!!

--Akershus sounds like a really good option for breakfast to me. The princess interaction is AMAZING!!! (Do you remember my details about it from my dinner there in my TR??) The chandeliers are definitely LL worthy. I think they probably can't mess up breakfast too much---their lunch and dinner selections weren't that appealing. You will also probably get a picture package of the picture of you with the Princess in waiting--it changes all the time. (I've seen Belle and Snow White, we had Sleeping Beauty.) The package was complimentary with our dinner---I bet they do the same for breakfast. Sounds like a winner to me!!!

--I would skip Ohanas if it were me---I think you can find just as good food elsewhere, and I am one to be too excited Lilo or Stitch.

--I haven't eaten here for breakfast, but so many say such good things about it---it HAS to be good!!!! I think that sounds like a good option for a day that you are not planning to hit a park---or at least not one until later. After breakfast, you could always go for a nice stroll on the beach and hang out in a shaded hammock!

--I think ANYTHING from Main Street Bakery sounds good ANYTIME!!!!! I do have a question for everyone though---I always thought there were baked goods that we could get with our snack credits, but last year, I was kind of harassed by a cashier lady when I was in there trying to burn some extra snack credits---she made me believe that the only thing I could get with a snack credit was a rice krispie treat or a small piece of their pre-packaged candy. Does that sound right to anyone?!?!?!?! Can't we get some of the baked goods with our snack credit?!?!?!?!

LL! I'm blaming you for PTR title number TWO getting stuck in my head...oy! I think this one is stuck in my head worse than the last one!!!
ooooh, it's supercallifragilistic-ADR's Approach Us...:lmao:

Hi!:wave2: I followed over from your TR. My girls and I are going May 23rd to June 2nd. Maybe we'll see each other.:goodvibes
I second the vote for breakfast at Boma's or any meal. Or if it's character interaction you want try Breakfast with donald at Tusker House inside AK. Mom and I had lunch and it was great.:thumbsup2 (I've also eaten at Boma's twice for breakfast and it was really good also.:cloud9:

This shirt is SO you!!! I wanted to tell you that I have two VERY similar from LB---they are the exact same just different colors and patterns---and I LOVE them!!! They are both some of my favorite summer tees. The shirt is cut a little closer to the body than their regular shirts---BUT having said that, I think if you ordered your size, it will fit fine!! I think the cut of them actually makes them VERY flattering!!!! I really love the ruching at the v-neck--I have often joked that I would like to do that to all my t-shirts!!! Marc will LOVE it!!! ;) ;) I'm so bad!!!
:lmao: You know when I showed it to him he caught on to that v-neck.

My two cents for what it is worth---probably only about half a cent!!!

--I don't blame you for keeping the CP breakfast---you can't beat getting in MK early, and the food is REALLY good!!! The setting is so pretty too---a win/win!!!

--Akershus sounds like a really good option for breakfast to me. The princess interaction is AMAZING!!! (Do you remember my details about it from my dinner there in my TR??) The chandeliers are definitely LL worthy. I think they probably can't mess up breakfast too much---their lunch and dinner selections weren't that appealing. You will also probably get a picture package of the picture of you with the Princess in waiting--it changes all the time. (I've seen Belle and Snow White, we had Sleeping Beauty.) The package was complimentary with our dinner---I bet they do the same for breakfast. Sounds like a winner to me!!!

--I would skip Ohanas if it were me---I think you can find just as good food elsewhere, and I am one to be too excited Lilo or Stitch.

--I haven't eaten here for breakfast, but so many say such good things about it---it HAS to be good!!!! I think that sounds like a good option for a day that you are not planning to hit a park---or at least not one until later. After breakfast, you could always go for a nice stroll on the beach and hang out in a shaded hammock!

--I think ANYTHING from Main Street Bakery sounds good ANYTIME!!!!! I do have a question for everyone though---I always thought there were baked goods that we could get with our snack credits, but last year, I was kind of harassed by a cashier lady when I was in there trying to burn some extra snack credits---she made me believe that the only thing I could get with a snack credit was a rice krispie treat or a small piece of their pre-packaged candy. Does that sound right to anyone?!?!?!?! Can't we get some of the baked goods with our snack credit?!?!?!?!
I thought you could get baked good with your snack credits but I am not 100% sure as I have never done that before.
I am still debating a bit about the breakfasts. But I did check out Boatwrights Menu and that looks yummy too!
LL! I'm blaming you for PTR title number TWO getting stuck in my head...oy! I think this one is stuck in my head worse than the last one!!!
ooooh, it's supercallifragilistic-ADR's Approach Us...:lmao:
It's ALWAYS stuck in my head. :lmao:
I'm here! Can't wait to hear about your trips!!
Hi!! Thanks for joining in!

Hi!:wave2: I followed over from your TR. My girls and I are going May 23rd to June 2nd. Maybe we'll see each other.:goodvibes
I second the vote for breakfast at Boma's or any meal. Or if it's character interaction you want try Breakfast with donald at Tusker House inside AK. Mom and I had lunch and it was great.:thumbsup2 (I've also eaten at Boma's twice for breakfast and it was really good also.:cloud9:
That's awesome! Maybe we will run into each other. I was debating Tusker House but don't know if we want to get to AK early early. I don't know. I am so torn. There are too many options!

Merryweather: It's pink!
Flora: Oh, lovely shade, isn't it?
Merryweather: But I wanted it blue.
Flora: Now, dear. We decided pink was her color!
Merryweather: YOU decided!

I'm still undecided on Breakfast ADR's but I did check out the Boatwright's menu on Allears and fell in love....

Sweet Potato Cakes - with honey-pecan butter and choice of bacon, sausage, or ham.

:cloud9: Those sound just delicious to me. Then I saw this....

Banana-stuffed French Toast - with strawberry-banana sauce and choice of bacon, sausage, or ham.

Is this Banana-Stuffed French Toast similar to Tonga Toast because it sounds like it...?? I am not sure but I am sure that we will investigate this one morning.

I have been scouring Allears looking for dining options and I am pretty much completely confuzzled. There are way too many options. Marc is so easy going that he hardly helps, he just throws more choices into the mix!

Aren't you glad that you can listen to me obsess over my ADR's? :rolleyes:

I think most of our lunches will be sit down except on those days that we have Breakfast ADR's....:confused3 I am not sure. I do know that on our last trip that we wished we had more time to sit down and eat and take a break from the park. We did afternoon breaks every single day and sometimes going back and forth so much is tiring. I think we'd like to do more sit downs so that we might be able to do less breaks. I am not even sure if I understand that logic but we will go with it for now.

Without furthering rambling here are some of our Lunch ADR's that we are contemplating.

* Whispering Canyon Cafe --- The lunch menu looks decent and it's close enough to the MK to go to lunch, visit the Lodge and take a boat ride.

* Kona Cafe --- Almost the same reason as WCC. We loved our Kona dinner, the menu is different but still appealing. Plus I could get those awesome crab cakes again.

* San Angel Inn --- Marc really wants to try San Angel and we both loved the atmosphere of it when we visited Mexico last trip. I was googling some of their menu options and I think I could find something that wouldn't be super spicy for me.

* Yak N' Yeti --- Another Marc choice. I am not truly feeling Yak N' Yeti but he practically drools over the menu and with the limited choices at AK, I can make it through the meal. I am all over dessert there are a couple of different options that appeal to me.

* Rose & Crown Pub --- Fish N' Chips. Yummmm. We loved ours at the CS in England last trip. I think it will be a nice rest on an Epcot Day.

* Mama Melrose's --- Marc really liked Tony's and I thought maybe on our DHS day that Mama Melrose's would be a good subsitute. :confused3

* Liberty Tree Tavern --- I read a great review of LTT for lunch from last May and I really wanted to try it. The fried cheese app looks so yummy. I was looking at the menu today though and it wasn't as appealing as I remember it being.

Because I am bored and my husband is watching football :scared: I am going to continue with our possible dinner ADR's.

* Le Cellier --- I dream about that Chocolate Moose dessert. Enough said.

* 1900 Park Fare --- I debated doing breakfast to see Mary Poppins but after my awesome Mary Poppins interaction at MK, I would really like to see the stepsisters and stepmother. I think they will be a hoot.

* Tony's --- Meh. Marc loved it here, me I can probably find something but am not really looking forward to it. Trying to find a better substitute.

* Jiko --- I am really really looking forward to this. It looks so yummy and I have read some great reviews.

* Yachtsman --- This looks awesome and I am looking forward to it.

*Flying Fish --- I want to try this as well but I don't think I can fit it in this trip.

* Spoodles --- Same as Flying Fish, I just don't think I can squeeze it in. There are too many good places to try.

* Hollywood Brown Derby --- This is an absolute certainty. We loved our meal here and want to repeat it. Polenta....mmmmmm.

* The Wave --- Light Fixtures. I read a review and the light fixtures were amazing, you know I have to check them out. Oh and the food doesn't look bad either. ;)

* Coral Reef --- Marc really wants to try the dinner menu since we had such a good dinner. I just don't think we will fit it in this trip.

So what do you all think? Any place you LOVE or HATED? I am looking for opinions. :goodvibes

I am thinking about my ADR's too! I'm not really with ya on breakfast. For the most part I'm not a big breakfast fan. Unless it involves a mimosa. :laughing: But let's take a look at your lunch and dinner plans:

Wave is also on my maybe list!
San Angel - I think you'll like it! I didn't find it spicy at all.
Rose & Crown.. Yummmm
Mama Melrose - haven't been but heard good things!
LTT- I am also drawn by the fried cheese!! :lmao:
Le Cellier- yep, chocolate moose is all you need to say!
Jiko - I hope to dine here in Dec!

Yachtsman, Flying Fish, and Spoodles are all on my someday list. :goodvibes

Ever think about Narcooses? Or have you already eaten there? I hear more and more great things about this restaurant.

Your plans look great!!!!!!

I am thinking about my ADR's too! I'm not really with ya on breakfast. For the most part I'm not a big breakfast fan. Unless it involves a mimosa. :laughing: But let's take a look at your lunch and dinner plans:

Wave is also on my maybe list!
San Angel - I think you'll like it! I didn't find it spicy at all.
Rose & Crown.. Yummmm
Mama Melrose - haven't been but heard good things!
LTT- I am also drawn by the fried cheese!! :lmao:
Le Cellier- yep, chocolate moose is all you need to say!
Jiko - I hope to dine here in Dec!

Yachtsman, Flying Fish, and Spoodles are all on my someday list. :goodvibes

Ever think about Narcooses? Or have you already eaten there? I hear more and more great things about this restaurant.

Your plans look great!!!!!!
I have not eaten at Narcoosee's but I have heard good things as well. There are just so many places to eat and little time. You really have to work on your food picture taking skills so I can see what Jiko looks like. I think we will stick with LTT because there are so few table services at MK. That fried cheese looks amazing! The Wave sounds really good and I have heard it is not super busy yet either which could be nice.

Is there a food porn setting on "our" camera? :lmao: :rotfl: I think I can commit to checking out Jiko for you and possibly some of the others. :rolleyes1
:lmao: No, but there really should be!! I think I just used Auto or Custom. You get the hang of it once you get going, you don't even care if people are looking at you.

I'm still undecided on Breakfast ADR's but I did check out the Boatwright's menu on Allears and fell in love....

I have only been to Boatwright's for dinner but I LOVED it. Such a pretty restaurant. Also we were able to get seated next to the fireplace which was really romantic. (At the time anyway, I was with my stupid ex. Hmph.)

* San Angel Inn --- Marc really wants to try San Angel and we both loved the atmosphere of it when we visited Mexico last trip. I was googling some of their menu options and I think I could find something that wouldn't be super spicy for me.

I don't eat spicy food at all and I liked San Angel the one time I ate there. Although I wasn't blown away like I was in other WS restaurants (Japan, Morocco, yum!)

* Yak N' Yeti --- Another Marc choice. I am not truly feeling Yak N' Yeti but he practically drools over the menu and with the limited choices at AK, I can make it through the meal. I am all over dessert there are a couple of different options that appeal to me.

I LOVED Y&Y. So good! Definitely give it a shot if there's anything on the menu that even remotely appeals to you. I think it was the best meal I had on our entire trip.

* Mama Melrose's --- Marc really liked Tony's and I thought maybe on our DHS day that Mama Melrose's would be a good subsitute. :confused3

Mama's was a pleasant surprise for us on our last trip - the chicken parm I got was fantastic, as was Jakkie's 4-cheese flatbread and our tomato/mozzerella appetizer. The service was great too.

The Wave and Jiko look soooo wonderful! I have always wanted to try them too.

Now wait just a cotton pickin' minute here, LL. . .in my mind you have all the answers! And now you're questioning everything? What kind of chance do I have to figure it all out if you're having trouble??? :scared:

Jiko's....was.....AWESOME!!!:love: can you tell I liked it?:lmao: Mom and I went there in April YUM. And the Zebratini was good although mine was a little strong.
I didn't like Tony's. Loved Tusker House and Coral Reef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter