Superbowl @ the River Roost?

calngavinsmom

DIS Veteran
Hi guys, this is a follow up to a previous question.....Much to my DHs' dismay, our arrival day is on Superbowl Sunday. We are trying to figure out a plan of attack with the goal being him having a fun place to watch the Superbowl while I can take the boys (8&11) and keep them entertained :dance3:

The easiest for us all would be to stay at our resort (POR) and that way the boys have the arcade/pools ect. I read on Port Orleans.org that the River Roost does have a large screen TV.....so I assume they would have the Superbowl on?

DH isn't too fussy about environment, a lounge atmosphere would be as good and fun for him as a more exciting sports bar.....but I don't know :confused3 What do you guys think? Would this be a fun option for him.....I just want him to be happy :happytv:

Thanks for any feedback, and any and all suggestions more than welcome!

Take care :goodvibes

calngavinsmom said:
Hi guys, this is a follow up to a previous question.....Much to my DHs' dismay, our arrival day is on Superbowl Sunday. We are trying to figure out a plan of attack with the goal being him having a fun place to watch the Superbowl while I can take the boys (8&11) and keep them entertained :dance3:

The easiest for us all would be to stay at our resort (POR) and that way the boys have the arcade/pools ect. I read on Port Orleans.org that the River Roost does have a large screen TV.....so I assume they would have the Superbowl on?

DH isn't too fussy about environment, a lounge atmosphere would be as good and fun for him as a more exciting sports bar.....but I don't know :confused3 What do you guys think? Would this be a fun option for him.....I just want him to be happy :happytv:

Thanks for any feedback, and any and all suggestions more than welcome!

Take care :goodvibes

The River Roost does play football games; so they will have it on.

Please say hi to Todd, Holly, and John; the best people on the planet. Todd is the bartender and Holly and John are the servers.,

Wow. Can I join your family? The saying in our house is "if Momma ain't happy, nobody's happy. If Daddy ain't happy, who cares?!" :rotfl::lmao:

:lmao: Sure come on over.....Do u like football? That will give DH someone to watch the game with :thumbsup2

Missytara: Thanks so much for the info! Now I can relax and keep on planning as there seems to be a couple of good options for DH :happytv:

Thanks for your responses, have a great day :flower3:

Another option, if you get there with enough time, is to go to the boardwalk and check out the ESPN Club. I hear it's a pretty cool place. The boys could see the side shows on the boardwalk or also there is an arcade at the ESPN Club.

Another option, if you get there with enough time, is to go to the boardwalk and check out the ESPN Club. I hear it's a pretty cool place. The boys could see the side shows on the boardwalk or also there is an arcade at the ESPN Club.

Not to be a wet blanket, but on SB Sunday or any sporting event weekend, getting into ESPN is very tough, unless he'd want to get there many many hours ahead of time.

Even for River Roost, I'd get there a couple hours ahead.

boscov said:

Seriously, people will be lining up several hours early to get in there.

We had a 5:00 seating at Kouzzina's last year on Monday night, the week after Thanksgiving and the line to get in was three wide and several feet out the door, plus people were milling around outside.

And that was on a normal Monday night football night.

Not to be a wet blanket, but on SB Sunday or any sporting event weekend, getting into ESPN is very tough, unless he'd want to get there many many hours ahead of time.

Even for River Roost, I'd get there a couple hours ahead.

Seriously, people will be lining up several hours early to get in there.

We had a 5:00 seating at Kouzzina's last year on Monday night, the week after Thanksgiving and the line to get in was three wide and several feet out the door, plus people were milling around outside.

And that was on a normal Monday night football night.

Ooh, those are very good points.....thanks for taking the time to respond :thumbsup2

Take care!
Tara

we will be staying at por for superbowl also and plan on staying at the hotel bar to watch! i really dont want to fight the crowds at espn when everything you need is right at our hotel :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter