Superbowl Sunday at POFQ

LMulligan

Earning My Ears
Has anyone ever been to WDW during the Superbowl? I was wondering if any of the resorts (I am staying at POFQ) will show the game in a common area?

Thank you!!

I have been at various lounges watching football games; and yes, they usually show the Superbowl somewhere in the lounge.

I hear alot of people are trying to get into the ESPN Zone over by the BW resort; since it will be especially "festive" that weekend!

We were there 2 years ago during Superbowl and it was being showed throughout.

My parents watched part of last year's Superbowl at the food court at POFQ.

I'm sure Shelly (bartender)will have it on at the POFQ pool bar.:thumbsup2

We were in WDW during the Superbowl last year at the YC in concierge. They had a Superbowl party in the lounge with wings, mini burgers, and etc. However, the game was everywhere including ESPN. They even decorated the lobby of the YC with the Cardinals and Steelers(uggh) banners.

Perhaps there was so much hoopla when we were there because the game was in Tampa and by the end of the week there were a lot of fans in WDW. Unfortunately looking at all those #7 Steeler jerseys in Orlando was not something this Cleveland boy wanted to see. :lmao:

DH & DS10 spent the last Superbowl in the lounge at SSR. There were maybe only ten other people in there watching with them.

One year were at POR for Super Bowl and they had a huge tv set up in the lounge just off the lobby and were advertising a Super Bowl Party. I think most of the resorts will do something like this. Think of the revenue! :thumbsup2

We'll be there this year for the superbowl, and my DH wants to watch it, as he's convinced the Vikings will be there (and win!:rotfl:) Fine with me, maybe the parks will be less croweded during game time!

We were in WDW during the Superbowl last year at the YC in concierge. They had a Superbowl party in the lounge with wings, mini burgers, and etc. However, the game was everywhere including ESPN. They even decorated the lobby of the YC with the Cardinals and Steelers(uggh) banners.

Perhaps there was so much hoopla when we were there because the game was in Tampa and by the end of the week there were a lot of fans in WDW. Unfortunately looking at all those #7 Steeler jerseys in Orlando was not something this Cleveland boy wanted to see. :lmao:

Yeah - we brought all of our Eagles gear in the car - we were driving to WDW the day of the NFC playoffs!!! It was hard for us to see all the Cardinals gear, as it could have been the Eagles :sad:

Didn't realize until I saw this thread that we'll be at POFQ on Superbowl Sunday. Looks like we'll be leaving the parks early that day to find a nice big screen T.V. somewhere. Any chance my Bengals will be playing ?? (I can always dream, can't I ?? )

Yeah - we brought all of our Eagles gear in the car - we were driving to WDW the day of the NFC playoffs!!! It was hard for us to see all the Cardinals gear, as it could have been the Eagles :sad:

I hear ya! The plane ride home from the Cardinals/Eagles game was brutal :(

This Pittsburgh girl was in the MK the night of the superbowl and I DID LOVE seeing all those #7 jerseys. :woohoo: The next day for the MVP parade with Santonio Holmes , mainstreet was a sea of black and gold. Steeler Nation baby!!!!

To the OP: They were showing the game in the lounge at the Poly. Lots of people were there watching.

Me and DBf will be there too-as Brits we're dying to see what sort of fuss you make for Superbowl-Dbf is a Giants fan and is already whining that it looks like they won't make it to the final! Told him if he wants to watch the final thats fine but I'm going to the park whatever happens (Its preferable to what normally happens when he stays up to 3am to watch the final back home and then is like a Pooh with a sore....paw next morning!)

two years ago I was there when the Patriots played! :sad1: But it was funny, I was alone walking into the AK and I had my patriots shirt on and I forget who we played...:idea: a group of people were walking towards me, they gave me a stare down and so did I ...it was funny, ....we all walked into the park together!! It was that way everywhere that day. I was going to head over to the ESPN club, and they said to get there early!

but I ended up leaving early that night, and watched the game ON the plane with ...oh ya, NY pilots!! Which made matters much worse! 17-14...was the score..

thanks for reminding me of that!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter