• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Superbowl at disney

Bon

Mouseketeer
Now that I have found out New England is heading to the superbowl Im thinking my boyfriend wont be happy about not seeing the game. Anyone know where he might see the game w/out us being back at the resort? Will there be any tvs on around the parks? We have a 5:45 ressie at Chef Mickey's and after that are late night magic hours at MK.:confused3

There are no TVs in any of the Parks at WDW.:)

The bar at Ohanas in the Polynesian Resort would be a good option from Magic Kingdom.:)

The Outer Rim bar at the Contemporary Resort is another option since you will be at Chef Mickeys.

You won't find anything on in the parks but you may should be able to see it in any of the bars/lounges on property. Your best bet is to leave him at The Wave at the Contemporary after dinner and enjoy a few hours on your own and then have him meet you in the park when the game is over. Or let him go back to the resort and enjoy the game in your room and enjoy some park time to yourself. I would say that if he is a big football fan or a big Patriots fan you will be happier on the trip overall if he just watches the game that evening.

It was hard being a NE fan and not seeing last week's game while in WDW. I agree with the pp. let him watch the game and meet up with him later! And, don't forget to wear your Patriots shirts!:banana:

If I remember posts about this last year, the game is not on at the resorts.

And again if I remember correctly the suggestion was to go to ESPN Club - and get there early because everyone else is thinking the same thing...

On Property: ESPN Club (Boardwalk), Tambu Lounge (Polynesian), Crockett's Tavern (Fort Wilderness)

Off Property: Buffalo Wild Wings (Crossroads Plaza), Orlando Ale House (Multiple Locations)

Regardless where you choose to watch the game, get there EARLY.

Goooooo Pats!:thumbsup2

We watched the Steelers/Pats game earlier in the year at the Tambu Lounge in the Polynesian, it was lots of fun!

Why can't Disney resorts air the Superbowl??? Either at the bar or poolside? We will be at Disney for the game and was hoping to watch the game at Pop Century. Now it looks like I need a new plan..... Any suggestions as to where to go for the easiest place to watch the game from the Pop Century resort?

Why can't Disney resorts air the Superbowl??? Either at the bar or poolside? We will be at Disney for the game and was hoping to watch the game at Pop Century. Now it looks like I need a new plan..... Any suggestions as to where to go for the easiest place to watch the game from the Pop Century resort?
There are many places within the Resorts to watch the Super Bowl, including your room. I think the one year that it wasn't available in the rooms was a function of which network it was on. Shouldn't be a problem this year.

They don't show it poolside because most of the pools don't have TV screens / set-ups, and it's unlikely that Disney is going to go through the time and expense of installing them for the relatively few people who would go there to watch. Remember that there are a lot of foreign tourists at WDW during Jan / Feb and a whole lot of them could care less about American football. And really ... the last thing Disney needs around its Resort pools are a bunch of drunken men and women yelling profanities over a football game.

There are plenty of lounges and bars on property where the game can be seen, and plenty of other hotels, bars and restaurants in the vicinity where you can watch it as well. Check both the Dolphin and Swan -- one of them usually does a big SB party. No TVs in the parks, I'm afraid, unless you go backstage to the breakrooms, where you'll find many CMs checking the score during breaks!

:earsboy:

Probably because the Super Bowl will not be airing on the Disney owned ABC channel. :lmao: I can't speak to Pop Century, but I know we have a ball at ESPN and they have T.V.'s all over the entire place with really enthusiastic people having fun! :thumbsup2

P.S. GO GIANTS!!!!

If I remember correctly, the bar at the Boardwalk pool always has football games on and I'm sure they'll have the Super Bowl on.

Or let him go back to the resort and enjoy the game in your room and enjoy some park time to yourself. I would say that if he is a big football fan or a big Patriots fan you will be happier on the trip overall if he just watches the game that evening.

There are many places within the Resorts to watch the Super Bowl, including your room. I think the one year that it wasn't available in the rooms was a function of which network it was on. Shouldn't be a problem this year.

I posted about this a while ago and everyone said you couldn't get it in your room. Now you can?! I am so happy! This was a MAJOR problem for us. DH wants to watch it, but is not a people person, so for him to watch in the lounge without me by his side was impossible. I really want to hit up MK that night. This will solve all our problems. So, you are sure you get local channels in your room?

WE watched the Superbowl in 2010 at POFQ - no problem. It was definately televised. We had walked past the ESPN club earlier in the day and they had outside tvs set up and tables and chairs.

Definately watch the Superbowl if that is what he would like to do - and sorry to say - GO GIANTS.

Linda

My husband is devastated LOL. Die hard Pats fan and neither of us thought about our trip dates when we booked it (b/c of course Patriots would be playing :worship:). I just bought him a new shirt to wear. Ive suggested ESPN but it will be crazy I'm sure and our kids won't last there and Im not taking them alone so he will have to deal with checking up on his iPhone.

Icing on the cake- our daughters Bday party was yesterday so he missed that game too. Poor guy :P

Being a Pats fan myself; we lucked out big time yesterday with that kick (even thought we would have won in OT), this was a great question!! I am going to be in MK Sunday and was planning on going to AK Monday..However; if the Pats win the superbowl I need to plan to go back to MK for the parade =)

I guess we will be able to tell the NE folks around WDW that Sunday for sure... =)

Go PATs!!

You WILL be able to watch the Super Bowl at Petals Pool Bar.:)

It is also "possible" the game will be on the TVs in Everything Pop.:)

Awesome, thanks so much for that info. Now my daughter can be happy again that she can go to the arcade during the game.....

I am so happy the G-men are back, but it totally threw a kink in my "perfect" touring plan! I emailed the concierge at AKL and they will have the SB playing in the lounge. If they have it, so should the other resorts. We are watching the first half there and the second half (sorry Madonna, not interested) at Contemporary before our 9:10 ADR at Cali grill. If any Pat fans want to engage in some smack talk during the commercials, I would be happy to oblige!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter