Superbowl -- and let the controversy begin

We recently hosted the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, and you can thank us for the idea of the Super Bowl Village Street.

Honestly, the outside activities weren't that bad in the cold!

We recently hosted the Super Bowl in Indianapolis, and you can thank us for the idea of the Super Bowl Village Street.

Honestly, the outside activities weren't that bad in the cold!

LOL- not the cold I am worried about- its all the darn tourists that it is bringing here!

Strange, but makes me thankful I don't care about football. I guess New York residents get really defensive about the Boroughs too, so I guess it makes sense if it was an entire different state. Or New Jersey may be upset that all the Super Bowl fans are spending their money in the wrong state.

Must be fun for you to walk through Times Square all summer long . . . The entire month of December . . .

Tourists are the lifeblood of the city.

Yes, but they could learn to walk a little faster. :rotfl:

I live in NJ, I work just off Times Square. I commute past the stadium. Since traffic, which has already been a nightmare this past week, is apparently going worse next week, and I haven't even seen what's going to be going on in Times Square yet...I'll be happen when the game is over already.

Yeah, I'llagree with you about them walking. Not everyone knows how to walk like a New Yorker.

Slightly OT, but we were in NYC as teens, riding a bus. A sweet little old lady got on the bus and my 14 yr old brother got up and gave her his seat. Her response?? "You're from out of town, aren't you?" Thought that fit in w/the walk like a NYer.

Today on ESPN Ian Oconner asked Don Shula if he thinks that its a good idea if that the Superbowl is playing in New York. You would think someone on espn would know where metlife stadium is! Then a few minutes later he corrected himself. I guess we will hear this stuff right up until game time!

I went to the official Super Bowl website tonight to check the time of the game and they have it as the NY/NJ Super Bowl. Whether it should be named that is up for opinion, but it makes a little more sense to me why people keep saying the NY Super Bowl.

The mayors of Weehawkin, Jersey City and Fort Lee have banded together to assess a special tax on all westbound traffic to East Rutherford next Sunday. Gov. Christie has also announced a special mandatory transit survey at the Seacaucus Junction and Hoboken stations for all arriving westbound passengers.

Must be fun for you to walk through Times Square all summer long . . . The entire month of December . . .

Tourists are the lifeblood of the city.

While that is true, it doesn't make it less frustrating for the locals.

How many people come here to complain about the vacationers in WDW who:

Walk slow
Stop in the middle of the walkways
Walk 3 or more across...

Now, if it is annoying while on vacation, imagine trying to live your daily life and contend with it.

I used to hate commuting on the Ferry to NYC in the summer. I swear, it felt like the boat tilted to one side because all the tourists would be on the Statue of Liberty side to take pictures. :rotfl2:

I live 15 minutes from the stadium. Planning ahead for traffic and the insanity that will be going on, we leave Wednesday for Disney! My husband works in Jersey City and has already hit traffic problems related to the game.

I'm looking forward to a true February game (not one played in a climate-controlled stadium), but I hope that the NFL, in the future, do a market study and place the game in locations where the influx of related money will be appreciated and every little insignificant detail and perceived slight is not bemoaned by the locals.

The mayors of Weehawkin, Jersey City and Fort Lee have banded together to assess a special tax on all westbound traffic to East Rutherford next Sunday. Gov. Christie has also announced a special mandatory transit survey at the Seacaucus Junction and Hoboken stations for all arriving westbound passengers.

:rotfl:

:thumbsup:

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

While that is true, it doesn't make it less frustrating for the locals. How many people come here to complain about the vacationers in WDW who: Walk slow Stop in the middle of the walkways Walk 3 or more across... Now, if it is annoying while on vacation, imagine trying to live your daily life and contend with it. I used to hate commuting on the Ferry to NYC in the summer. I swear, it felt like the boat tilted to one side because all the tourists would be on the Statue of Liberty side to take pictures. :rotfl2:

Oh, I get it,, all right. Until we moved to Jersey City a few years ago, my office was on Wall Street. Narrow streets full of tourists can be interesting, to say the least.

I just think that a hardened New Yorker who would shrug off being hit by a mentally ill man could manage to walk through Times Square without getting upset by a few tourists.

I live 15 minutes from the stadium. Planning ahead for traffic and the insanity that will be going on, we leave Wednesday for Disney! My husband works in Jersey City and has already hit traffic problems related to the game.

Enjoy the trip.

Saw the news last night and the teams have arrived in Jersey City. Thank goodness I take the PATH.

Agree to disagree. It should be the NJ/NY Super Bowl. Game is in NJ. Unfortunately the NFL chose to put those events in NYC.

Because who in the sam hill wants to hang out in NJ? LOL. Hey PK, I live in NJ also, I moved here from NY for one reason, better school districts.

Sorry as much as I loved NJ I'm moving back to the city (Philly) in a few weeks.

If I'm planning a major event that I want to bring in revenue and my choices are East Rutherford NJ and NYC? lol sorry little step sister, you lose.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter