Super Soap Weekend 2008?

So say I was to go Saturday morning for maybe 2 - 3 hours - would there be anything I would get to see - no autographs - just check out whatever I can. I know there aren't schedules for a while but I may go myself for a bit then meet up with the family for what is left of our last day then.

Also, do many of the soap actors go early and vacation? I know I heard Becky Herbst does (and read it before elsewhere as well). We are there 11 days ending on the 15th so maybe I'll get lucky and see someone!

If you're going for 2 or 3 hours, you might get in a show, depending on how it fills up and how early you wait online. You can go shopping in the ABC Store. There's props there and other merchandise like calendars, mugs, pins, etc. You might be able to get to see interviews under the sorcorers hat.

The actors usually arrive Friday night and then depending on taping schedules, some take off on an extended vacation, others go back to work on Monday.

Yes, I admit it, it was me. I started it. But don't let my husband catch me saying that, I usually like to say it is all his fault :rotfl2:

uncw89, I am glad for you that you got BWV. Good luck on the waitlist for your studio. Even if you have to change rooms, at least you are in that coveted Epcot resort area.

I did have to scramble to change my vacation days, but it worked out for me. I am hoping it will be less busy now that it isn't the same weekend as F&W, but since it is the start of MVMCP, who knows. We are in untested waters here since it is a different weekend than they have done in the past.
I just hope we get fastpasses this year, since last year we were about 4 people away from getting in and they ran out :sad:

Now, where are those park hours anyway? :rotfl:

How early did you get there? many people get there at 4AM!

How early did you get there? many people get there at 4AM!

I had my two girls with me, and didn't want to make them get in line that early. I think we got there around 7:15 or so, which was way too late apparently. Really weird because the year before we got there about the same time and had no problems getting the FP's, and got multiple ones at that. I even gave away a FP for Cameron Mathison because it conflicted with something else we wanted to do. .

This year I have a new strategy. Do all the shows and stuff on Saturday when it is more busy, then do autographs on Sunday. We usually just do Sat, but from what I have heard is Sun is much less busy. We are mostly AMC fans, I don't know how everyone does it when you want to do all three shows. There is so much to do!

My girls really get a kick out of collecting all the photos, and two years ago, my 5 year old (at the time) got to meet Alexa Havins, and she really gave her a lot of attention and thought it was so cute that she was so little and already a soap fan :cutie: And then she told her "my mommy loves your husband" :lovestruc Oops.......... HEE HEE

Love my SSW!

I had my two girls with me, and didn't want to make them get in line that early. I think we got there around 7:15 or so, which was way too late apparently. Really weird because the year before we got there about the same time and had no problems getting the FP's, and got multiple ones at that. I even gave away a FP for Cameron Mathison because it conflicted with something else we wanted to do. .

This year I have a new strategy. Do all the shows and stuff on Saturday when it is more busy, then do autographs on Sunday. We usually just do Sat, but from what I have heard is Sun is much less busy. We are mostly AMC fans, I don't know how everyone does it when you want to do all three shows. There is so much to do!

My girls really get a kick out of collecting all the photos, and two years ago, my 5 year old (at the time) got to meet Alexa Havins, and she really gave her a lot of attention and thought it was so cute that she was so little and already a soap fan :cutie: And then she told her "my mommy loves your husband" :lovestruc Oops.......... HEE HEE

Love my SSW!

I go mostly for GH. GH goes through their fast passes the quickest. 2007 was busier than 2006, so that's part of the reason why the fastpasses went quicker. The other is that the people who were after you in 2006 who DIDN'T get them, probably learned their lesson and got their earlier than you did in 2007. I am usually the 10th person or so on the GH line. My priority is seeing Kelly Monaco. Last year, I was able to get Kelly's fast pass, get off that line and get on OLTL's line for Kassie DePaiva because it was shorter. My friend goes just to get the fastpasses for the guys and usually gets a bulk of them. I go to any show relating to GH that looks interesting. I never stop, I'm like the energizer bunny.

It just depends on who you want to see and what events you want to do. The best thing to do is wait for the schedule and the list of attendees to come out and then figure out a plan. That's what I usually do.

It's a fun weekend and we're all getting super excited for it! We know it's going to be a sleepless weekend and we're planning on it. Of course, there will be a lot of :drinking: going on! :)

My friend just had a baby boy and we got her this cute little onesie for him that says, "Soap Watcher in Training"

I'm with Meredith.

I don't stand in line for autographs but my mom and I decided to do shows and motorcades on Saturday and hit the stars on Sunday to grab photos and just kind of enjoy it.

Saturday last year was a MESS. It was three times as bad compared to 2006. Sunday was MUCH better, although by noon, the crowds were pouring in.

So say I was to go Saturday morning for maybe 2 - 3 hours - would there be anything I would get to see - no autographs - just check out whatever I can. I know there aren't schedules for a while but I may go myself for a bit then meet up with the family for what is left of our last day then.

Also, do many of the soap actors go early and vacation? I know I heard Becky Herbst does (and read it before elsewhere as well). We are there 11 days ending on the 15th so maybe I'll get lucky and see someone!

Other than autograph sessions, other things usually get going between 9 and 10 am. There should be a show or two to pick from and maybe a talk show at the sorcerers hat stage after a small motorcade of a few stars from one of the shows. Of course, you'll probably have to wait in line for a bit to see a show.

Usually I've heard of them staying a day or two later, such as John Paul Lavoisier, OLTL, or maybe a week later, such as Becky Herbst, GH. She usually makes plans to go to SSW, hoping they will invite her, and then asks for the week off after for a family vacation in case they do. In "06 we heard her say that at one of the talk shows, then forgot about it. We stayed that following week as well. On Tues after SSW, we were at AK and I looked up and saw a little kid, saying to my DD17, boy, that sure looks like Becky's little boy with all that curly hair. (we had seen pics in a soap mag, and his hair is verrry curly and cute!). I looked away, then my DD17 said, mom, look, look, and it took me a minute till I looked and there was Becky with her husband Michael (ex Juan, GH) with her 2 kids, daughter in a stroller, with another family, and also the little boy who plays her son Cameron on the show(he is her next door neighbor in real life). Maybe it was his family, I'm not sure. Anyway, I was looking right at Michael and he knew I recognized him and smiled. I smiled back but we didn't go up to them at all, so I'm sure he was glad. A CM was leading them to like, a vip door or something, going behind the scenes to leave or maybe enter an attraction a back way or something. Anyway, it was fun to see them. They all looked pretty happy and having fun.

Btw, I noticed some questions on how things have worked with FPs, times, things to do,... Just in case anyone is interested, I made some posts a few pages back with lots of info on how SSW worked the last couple of years when we went, and a link to past schedules, so maybe that will give you some helpful info.

This year should be lots of fun, but now I have to change my vacation ticker by a week, so it's one week further away! :upsidedow But, at least we are going to wdw, right? :goodvibes

I am so bummed. My friend is going on the Rick Springfield cruise the same weekend as SSW because we all thought that SSW was the 8th and 9th. Now I think everyone involved in our party will back out because she's not going. I hope they have the days wrong. We all have been going for all 13yrs. I feel like a deflated Mickey balloon.:mad:

I am so bummed. My friend is going on the Rick Springfield cruise the same weekend as SSW because we all thought that SSW was the 8th and 9th. Now I think everyone involved in our party will back out because she's not going. I hope they have the days wrong. We all have been going for all 13yrs. I feel like a deflated Mickey balloon.:mad:

I'm sorry.
I wonder how many will have to cancel for reasons like this?
Seems a lot of people assumed it would be the 8th and 9th and planned accordingly.

I was able to get into the Beach Club standard view for the 15th and 16th, but was told they were sold out of standards and I just got very lucky. I bet it's going to be difficult for people to secure the hotel they want that weekend. My sil will be thrilled she gets to stay where some of the stars are staying. I'm surprising her with it.

I'm sorry.
I wonder how many will have to cancel for reasons like this?
Seems a lot of people assumed it would be the 8th and 9th and planned accordingly.

I was able to get into the Beach Club standard view for the 15th and 16th, but was told they were sold out of standards and I just got very lucky. I bet it's going to be difficult for people to secure the hotel they want that weekend. My sil will be thrilled she gets to stay where some of the stars are staying. I'm surprising her with it.

I know...I managed to get the Yacht Club on the 14-17 with the CM discount, which shocked me. However, because the rates go up, I'm paying only $100 less for the Pool View than I was the week prior for a Concierge Room. :mad: Friends are staying with me, so it's ok!

We book immediatly after the SSW for the next year. So we have been booked for a while at the Yacht Club. We will probably cancel if only two of us end up going and I will try to find a cheap room. Since its not "officially" on the ABC site. I still am carrying the pipe dream it will stay for the 8th. One can dream can't they? This is Disney.:confused3 princess:

We book immediatly after the SSW for the next year. So we have been booked for a while at the Yacht Club. We will probably cancel if only two of us end up going and I will try to find a cheap room. Since its not "officially" on the ABC site. I still am carrying the pipe dream it will stay for the 8th. One can dream can't they? This is Disney.:confused3 princess:

:laughing: I think after this year, I'm giong to book a hotel room for the second and third week in November once i'm exactly 399 days out. It's not officially on the ABC site, but cast members have been given the "go" to release the information to the public as of yesterday. It is now on the Disney cast member website though. I think it should be on the wdw site soon :)

This will be my 5th time going to SSW. I went in 97,98,99 & 2000. I have really missed all the excitement in going & meeting the soap stars. GH is my fav then OLTL is the other one I watch.:)

The weekend dates that are posted on the castmember web only web site for Super soap Weekend 2008 is the the 15th and 16th of November here is a sample of what we see,
Description
November 15th and 16th, 2008

Disney's Hollywood Studios plays host to the 13th annual ABC Super Soap Weekend presented by Colgate Total November 15 and 16, 2008. Catch over 30 of your favorite ABC Daytime stars live and in-person at the ultimate soap event.

See your favorite soap stars from all the ABC daytime dramas at ABC Super Soap Weekend presented by Colgate Total , the most spectacular soap event anywhere November 15 and 16, 2008 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. You'll get a chance to meet the stars, ask them questions, or even get their autographs. Enjoy special motorcades and live music sessions. It's the ultimate soap event with more stars than ever before.

For more information visit: abc.com or disneyworld.com/supersoapweekend

More informaton about event elements is coming soon!
Hope this helps anyone making reservations to bee here that weekend:cool1:

:laughing: I think after this year, I'm giong to book a hotel room for the second and third week in November once i'm exactly 399 days out. It's not officially on the ABC site, but cast members have been given the "go" to release the information to the public as of yesterday. It is now on the Disney cast member website though. I think it should be on the wdw site soon :)

Thanks!

Any speculation on why Disney is so late in getting November's park hours released? Is it because they're trying to nail down SSW details before they release all that to the public? I've never tried to book ADRs at 180 days until now, but from what I read it seems WDW is over a week late in releasing that information. Just wondering if it was related to SSW.

The reason I know of is they are working on new markting for this year and some new rules and regulations, So everyone has a far chance at meeting the stars they want to see. As soon as I get the list I will post it I work in the res center So I check every day for new info. that and they give us an agent update on the progress. Start booking you disney dining res starting next week Friday for the 15th and the 16th if you are staying on disney property if not you can start making disney dine res on saturday. FYI

:confused: Huh? I was talking about the hold up of the park hours, not the schedule and advertising of SSW....

Usually it's the second weekend in Nov, not the first. I usually get the heads up when the actors tape the SSW promos, so when I do, I'll post it, but that's later in the year.

(Actors promo) I know its later in the year, like Sept! As far as the weekend, I usually pick the FIRST or SECOND weekend that it will be SSW weekend, thats all I was saying.:confused3 Gee, I hope you don't get into any trouble posting the info you have, here on this thread.

So I have to vent. I was one of those people who booked the 8th/9th and had to change my hotel and airfare due to the date change. The good news is the hotel worked out and I was able to get the Boardwalk Villas for the entire stay. The bad news is Jetblue raised it rate for flight changes and we have to pay $100 per person to change a $90 flight! Ugh!! The things I do for soap stars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter