Super Soap Weekend 2008?

WOO HOO, I just got off the phone with DVC and they confirmed that it is the 15th and 16th. I also got my wait list for that time:banana: I am so exicted. My DD13 is going to be on :cloud9: when she hears the news. Thank You TeamStitch. I booked the 15th and 16th after you posted and it worked out great for me.

I am glad that this worked out for you! I was lucky enough to change my dates when I first got wind of this on Monday. Whew!!! Out of curiosity, when you say you are on a waitlist for DVC, is it for a specific resort or for those dates all together???

I just had to put in my two cents on this possible SSW date change.

First, someone posted on the limited number of rooms available for the third weekend, has disney thought about that?? I am sure EVERYONE has reservations for the second weekend and if they are unable to get rooms for the third weekend what are all those fans going to do? Most people probably have not heard about the possible date change and have not tried to change their reservations yet. I know I am currently on a waitlist for some of the days though DVC. I am keeping my second weekend booked just in case.

Also, how many people were planning on going on the Rick Springfield Cruise (which also has a few GH stars attending)??? A few people I know are going to that and that is the third weekend. Of course they will have to go on the cruise because they wont be able to cancel that but they will be able to cancel their disney room reservations.

I think this possible change will make a lot of people very unhappy.
Just my two cents.

The thing of it is, ABC likes to book the Beach and Yacht club because it's convenient for the cast. So guests would stay at the other hotels. Normally, and in the past, if it was only a handful of rooms, they bump the guest to an alternate hotel - usually SSR. So it's not that there's no availability across the board - it's just that there wasn't enough availbilty for the hotel that they put the celebrities up in. I know DVC members are in a predicament 'cause they can only select from DVC Resorts without having to pay.

SSW is a very popular event among Disney Cast Members as well and unfortunately they book rooms too - typically in the hotel that the celebrities stay. And these cast members know the dates in advance so they are at an advantage. I'll be honest, that is why I booked Yacht club. If I can't get YC or BC then i don't stay on property. I would just commute from home 'cause it's only 15 minutes.

I hope this answers your question...?

No....it's not. I really don't know what the hold up is. I suppose I could ask and find out.

Actually, the Dates come out around June and the Advertising is usually in Sept from the stars themselves.;) I always assume its the first weekend in Nov. and last 6 years I have been right, this year, I guess not.:confused3

Just talked to someone at reservations who had it listed in her special events list as November 15th and 16th. Good enough for me to switch my airfare to that date.
She said the park hours should be up very soon. I asked very soon as in today or next week and she laughed.

Actually, the Dates come out around June and the Advertising is usually in Sept from the stars themselves.;) I always assume its the first weekend in Nov. and last 6 years I have been right, this year, I guess not.:confused3

:confused: Huh? I was talking about the hold up of the park hours, not the schedule and advertising of SSW....

Usually it's the second weekend in Nov, not the first. I usually get the heads up when the actors tape the SSW promos, so when I do, I'll post it, but that's later in the year.

I usually get the heads up when the actors tape the SSW promos, so when I do, I'll post it, but that's later in the year.

Do you mind telling us what area/division you work in? (Not being familiar with Disney employee infrastructure, I don't know the right terminology for that.) I appreciate the information you've been able to pass along. I'm just curious! It sounds cool that you even get to know who the stars will be when they tape their promos.:)

Do you mind telling us what area/division you work in? (Not being familiar with Disney employee infrastructure, I don't know the right terminology for that.) I appreciate the information you've been able to pass along. I'm just curious! It sounds cool that you even get to know who the stars will be when they tape their promos.:)

I would really love to answer this question, but I dont' feel comfortable because

#1) Lots of Disney managers visit this board. Even though this is not an official Disney site, managers go on this board to monitor marketing campaigns, guest feedback on customer service and overal product experience. I don't want to get anyone in trouble for giving me information.

#2) since cast members visit this board, I don't want said friends to see this information and realize that I leaked it because I don't want them to feel like i'm using them to get information just so I can post it. Then I'd never get info again.

But I can tell you that I do have peeps in the know in all areas of Disney - ABC, Disney Reservation Center, Parks and Resorts, Guest Services, DVC, DCL, IT, etc....

TS, I have a question about the various shows they have at SSW. I know many people hang out at the various autographs booths. How far in advance would you advise standing in line for a show like "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" etc?

We usually just watch the motorcades and walk around and see people, but this year we would like to try something new. I would think there wouldn't be many wheelchair spaces in the shows either.

TS, I have a question about the various shows they have at SSW. I know many people hang out at the various autographs booths. How far in advance would you advise standing in line for a show like "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" etc?

We usually just watch the motorcades and walk around and see people, but this year we would like to try something new. I would think there wouldn't be many wheelchair spaces in the shows either.

In the past, I have gotten on line as early as two hours. It depends though on when the prior event was. I don't usually hang out at the autograph booths because I get my fastpass, do my thing and then high tail it out of there to the next event. Most of the time, I'm there between 2 hours and 1 and a half hours. If there's something I want to do like go into the ABC Prop Store and buy stuff, they're good about letting you get in and out until they seat you if you have friends or something already in the line holding it. That's how they did it last year because the line was outside and they had the bigger theatre. In 2006, the ABC Theatre line for the show was too packed and people were passing out waiting for one of the talk shows to start. It wound up being delayed. They're going to have it again in the new theatre.

I am glad that this worked out for you! I was lucky enough to change my dates when I first got wind of this on Monday. Whew!!! Out of curiosity, when you say you are on a waitlist for DVC, is it for a specific resort or for those dates all together???

I booked BWV after reading the post saying SSW is Nov. 15th and 16th. I was able to book 11th -19th and was wait listed for Nov. 16th and a few days I had Boardwalk view and I am just not crazy about that view so I was on the wait list for Preferred view. When I called today my wait list came through for the preferred view and the 16th became available also. So I will be at the BWV 11th-16th.
Now it would have been easier for my DD if it was the 8th-9th since she had 3days off from school that week, but in the end it all worked out and we are so excited:banana: :banana:

Wow, this post has really evolved since I posted my intial question about dates ;) But since the "official" word (subject to change without notice) is Nov 15 and 16, it looks like that is it. And for a little inside information for those of you that are DVC members, there seems to be a little more likelihood of getting rooms the 15th and 16th at this point, at least until everyone figures out the dates have been changed.

So the best of luck to you all in getting your ressies changed to the new dates :cool1:

See you all at Super Soap Weekend!

MeredithJ

Wow, this post has really evolved since I posted my intial question about dates ;) But since the "official" word (subject to change without notice) is Nov 15 and 16, it looks like that is it. And for a little inside information for those of you that are DVC members, there seems to be a little more likelihood of getting rooms the 15th and 16th at this point, at least until everyone figures out the dates have been changed.

So the best of luck to you all in getting your ressies changed to the new dates :cool1:

See you all at Super Soap Weekend!

MeredithJ

Oh, so this is all your fault, huh? :laughing:

MeredithJ--- I booked BWV earlier this week and I was able to get a std. studio for the 13th-16th and had to get a 1 bedroom for the night of the 16th. I am waitlisted for a studio that night. I hope it comes through.

I would really love to answer this question, but I dont' feel comfortable because

#1) Lots of Disney managers visit this board. Even though this is not an official Disney site, managers go on this board to monitor marketing campaigns, guest feedback on customer service and overal product experience. I don't want to get anyone in trouble for giving me information.

#2) since cast members visit this board, I don't want said friends to see this information and realize that I leaked it because I don't want them to feel like i'm using them to get information just so I can post it. Then I'd never get info again.

Thanks! Makes sense to me. ;)

Oh, so this is all your fault, huh? :laughing:

Yes, I admit it, it was me. I started it. But don't let my husband catch me saying that, I usually like to say it is all his fault :rotfl2:

uncw89, I am glad for you that you got BWV. Good luck on the waitlist for your studio. Even if you have to change rooms, at least you are in that coveted Epcot resort area.

I did have to scramble to change my vacation days, but it worked out for me. I am hoping it will be less busy now that it isn't the same weekend as F&W, but since it is the start of MVMCP, who knows. We are in untested waters here since it is a different weekend than they have done in the past.
I just hope we get fastpasses this year, since last year we were about 4 people away from getting in and they ran out :sad:

Now, where are those park hours anyway? :rotfl:

So say I was to go Saturday morning for maybe 2 - 3 hours - would there be anything I would get to see - no autographs - just check out whatever I can. I know there aren't schedules for a while but I may go myself for a bit then meet up with the family for what is left of our last day then.

Also, do many of the soap actors go early and vacation? I know I heard Becky Herbst does (and read it before elsewhere as well). We are there 11 days ending on the 15th so maybe I'll get lucky and see someone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter