Super Soap Weekend 2008?

Thank you so much Mrsksomeday! I am not going to tell her the soap stars are going to be there and surprise her. The rest of the family is not into soap shows so it will be a nice mother/daughter day! Thanks for the pictures too, it gives me an idea about the crowds and all. I think she will really enjoy it. God Bless!

Your welcome. When it comes closer to the SSW time there will be threads about who is attending and links to schedules. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Your welcome. When it comes closer to the SSW time there will be threads about who is attending and links to schedules. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Cool! I want to suprise DH with this. He is a big General Hospital fan ;)

I was going to make an ADR for Sci Fi for lunch that day, but I think I'll make it for dinner instead so we can be flexible with the times. He really only cares about a few characters from GH so he'd want to just see those.

How do you get fastpasses for this event? How does it work? Just long endless lines for a photo op and autograph?

Thanks!

Cool! I want to suprise DH with this. He is a big General Hospital fan ;)

I was going to make an ADR for Sci Fi for lunch that day, but I think I'll make it for dinner instead so we can be flexible with the times. He really only cares about a few characters from GH so he'd want to just see those.

How do you get fastpasses for this event? How does it work? Just long endless lines for a photo op and autograph?

Thanks!

Last year there were approximately 10 people from GH, plus a couple of "Night Shift" people. Other people would be able to tell you more about the fastpasses, b/f and I skip that part because we aren't big on getting autographs or standing in lines for the fastpasses. I think you will have fun, we have a great time there.

I'm so jealous of everyone who gets to go this year. I went last year for the first time and I was trying to figure out how I could afford to extend this year's trip to stay the extra 5 days so we could be there for SSW. I will be back there in 2009. I work retail and SSW is the last weekend I can take vacation before Christmas "black out" starts. So all of you going kiss those boys for me and tell them all how much I miss them.

Here is the crowd Sunday morning....
DSCN4402.jpg

These are my photo mats I got autographed. I ended up with a total of 10 autographs and I needed a fast pass to get everyone of them. That was what I went for though was to meet people and get the autographs.
DSCN4516.jpg

Awesome pictures, thank you so much for showing them to us. That was a great idea with the photo mats!!

He really only cares about a few characters from GH so he'd want to just see those.

Thanks!

I can tell you that GH is the hardest autographs to get. There were a lot of people who could only get one autograph a day. People were lining up for GH by like 1am. I don't watch it, but the guy Spinelli<sp?> came out Saturday night at like 3am with donuts for the people sitting outside in lines.

How it all works...
You get there early and get in line for the fast pass. We got there about 7:30 Saturday and Sunday morning but I was only interested in OLTL and AMC. Ok, so you stand in this line and at 8am they open the fast pass distrubution. So for AMC, it was at Motor cars, there was a set up of like 6 fast pass machines. There is a sign above each one that says what actors Fast Pass is available at which machine. There are a designated number of guaranteed autograph fast passes and a designated number of numbered stand by passes. Most actors have 2 autograph sessions each day, depending on popularity and other commitments during the day. While you stand in line there is a CM who reads off what is available for who. So you'll hear the CM announce things like "Jacob Young is on 2nd session" "Michael E Knight is on standby" It's just announcements to give you an idea of your likely hood of getting who you want and they will let you know when someone is no longer available. So here is how I got to get 10 autographs. My mom hates Soap Operas. The only reason she knows anything about them now is because I took her to SSW and talked Soaps all weekend. So she stood in line for me and when we would get close to the front of the line I would tell her an actors name and point out which fast pass turnstile she had to go to. Then after you get your one fast pass you can go get back in line. I will tell you that unless you are at the front of the GH line you probably won't get back through it. There is lots of other stuff going on besides autographs but my whole reason for going was the autographs.

If you have any questions let me know.

Awesome pictures, thank you so much for showing them to us. That was a great idea with the photo mats!!

Thank you. It was kind of a pain to carry them around though. The trip was a suprise for my mom so I had to watch how much shopping I did for certain things. My friend had a tote bag that was just big enough to hold the mats.

And lbklyn, the accommodations for wheel chairs seems to be good. The only thing is, there was an adult daughter and her mother. Her mother was in a wheel chair because of a leg injury. Well the daughter was crazy, she was pretty much intentionally running people down Sunday morning on the way to the fast pass line. So people were irritated with her. Other than that I saw a loit of people making sure to accomodate any one with a handicap. It's pretty crazy in there.

Thanks for the info on the dates! So it looks like it is most likely going to be Nov 8 & 9.

Two years ago we were able to get the fastpasses for the autographs, but last year we got there around 7am and they ran out of fastpasses before we even got through the park turnstiles. So for those of you that have gotten the fastpasses in the past, what is the best time to get there? I really am not crazy about going at 1am, and my two girls 7 and 14 usually go with me, so they would not be patient waiting that long. So theoretically what is the latest I could get there to still get autographs? I am mostly interested in AMC.

Counting down the days now to SSW! :banana:

Meredith

So theoretically what is the latest I could get there to still get autographs? I am mostly interested in AMC.

Counting down the days now to SSW! :banana:

Meredith

You can get there about 7 am for AMC. I was able to get through line twice Sunday morning last year and we got there about 7:15. Also on Sunday we made it twice through AMC line and then once through the OLTL line. GH has the biggest draw.

I'm counting down to SSW 2009. I'm going to miss it this year by a week.

You can get there about 7 am for AMC. I was able to get through line twice Sunday morning last year and we got there about 7:15. Also on Sunday we made it twice through AMC line and then once through the OLTL line. GH has the biggest draw.

Oh noooooooooooo!! I don't think we can do a 1 am line. :scared1: We certainly can try for GH autographs, but our kids will be in tow, and will NOT be thrilled about waiting in line for that vs. RockNRoller Coaster! :rotfl:

What other kinds of event do they have during the day, for GH stars/fans? He doesn't know AMC or OLTL at all, and I barely watch GH as it is. He's the one with it Tivo'd every day!

Anyone know if they have SSW at DL? I know at one point they did, but DH was out of town on business so we missed it.

And does SSW make the other rides at DHS totally unbearable for the day? Or are the crowds mainly confined to dining and SSW events? I still think it would be super fun if we even saw the GH stars at all. I just don't want to make the day intolerable for my kids, who won't care in the least about anyone but Mickey and Friends!

Thanks for all your help, vets! :hug:

Oh noooooooooooo!! I don't think we can do a 1 am line. :scared1: We certainly can try for GH autographs, but our kids will be in tow, and will NOT be thrilled about waiting in line for that vs. RockNRoller Coaster! :rotfl:

What other kinds of event do they have during the day, for GH stars/fans? He doesn't know AMC or OLTL at all, and I barely watch GH as it is. He's the one with it Tivo'd every day!

Anyone know if they have SSW at DL? I know at one point they did, but DH was out of town on business so we missed it.

And does SSW make the other rides at DHS totally unbearable for the day? Or are the crowds mainly confined to dining and SSW events? I still think it would be super fun if we even saw the GH stars at all. I just don't want to make the day intolerable for my kids, who won't care in the least about anyone but Mickey and Friends!

Thanks for all your help, vets! :hug:

There is all kinds of stuff going on all day. It's all stage show stuff. The only close contact is autographs. You could probably get through line if you just got there at like 7am. You won't have complete choice of whose autograph to get but there should still be some. Also, my mom got me fast passes also so I was able to hit 10 autograph sessions insted of just the 5 I would have gotten on my own. You could use your's, DH's, and the kids park tickets to get fast passes in that one trip through line. I did not try to get on other stuff while we were there for SSW but from what I hear there were no lines for anything. The park is crowded but most of the people there are for SSW and most of those people are there just for SSW. DHS is my least favorite park. The only way WDW can get me to hang out in DHS for 2 days is to put SSW there. LOL. You'll have fun no matter what you do. Your DH just needs to decide, autographs or no autographs?

These are some links that will help. You can still see last year's schedule. At least this way you can have an idea of how the whole thing goes.
http://www.studioscentral.com/ssw.html
http://abc.go.com/daytime/supersoap/wdw/supersoapweekend.html
http://soapnet.go.com/specials/supersoap/2007/index.html

Any thing else you wanna know. Just ask!

There is all kinds of stuff going on all day. It's all stage show stuff. The only close contact is autographs. You could probably get through line if you just got there at like 7am. You won't have complete choice of whose autograph to get but there should still be some. Also, my mom got me fast passes also so I was able to hit 10 autograph sessions insted of just the 5 I would have gotten on my own. You could use your's, DH's, and the kids park tickets to get fast passes in that one trip through line. I did not try to get on other stuff while we were there for SSW but from what I hear there were no lines for anything. The park is crowded but most of the people there are for SSW and most of those people are there just for SSW. DHS is my least favorite park. The only way WDW can get me to hang out in DHS for 2 days is to put SSW there. LOL. You'll have fun no matter what you do. Your DH just needs to decide, autographs or no autographs?

These are some links that will help. You can still see last year's schedule. At least this way you can have an idea of how the whole thing goes.
http://www.studioscentral.com/ssw.html
http://abc.go.com/daytime/supersoap/wdw/supersoapweekend.html
http://soapnet.go.com/specials/supersoap/2007/index.html

Any thing else you wanna know. Just ask!

Yea!! Thank you!! Those were very helpful. Good to know that the park will be okay for the kids that day too. It sounds like a lot of fun. DH is very tolerant of this 10-days-of-Disney trip we'll be doing... so I want to make sure he has something fun for him too.

Will the kids need to wait in the Fastpass line with us to get the FPs? Well, duh, not like I'll be letting them run amok in a crowded theme park...:rotfl: Okay, so I have answered my own question!

I'm excited now! :yay:

Yea!! Thank you!! Those were very helpful. Good to know that the park will be okay for the kids that day too. It sounds like a lot of fun. DH is very tolerant of this 10-days-of-Disney trip we'll be doing... so I want to make sure he has something fun for him too.

Will the kids need to wait in the Fastpass line with us to get the FPs? Well, duh, not like I'll be letting them run amok in a crowded theme park...:rotfl: Okay, so I have answered my own question!

I'm glad it's all coming together for you now.

The longest part of waiting in line is the time you wait before 8:00am when they start distrubution. We made it through AMC twice and OLTL once before 8:30am. They are very effecient at running people through the lines. You said crowded theme park and it made me think, How weird the park looks at this time. You are going through line at rope drop and everyone there is not at all interested in the park. It makes me think of like a walking ghost tour in a abandoned theme park, :rotfl2:

I don't know how old the kids are but if they have a DS, or PSP or whatever (The last handheld game system I knew was Gameboy lol :rotfl2:) I would bring that the day you do this. That way they are occupied while dad is getting his autograph.

Yeah, the thing is, in order to get a FP you have to wait in the line. It's one person/ticket for one FP, you can't have someone take all the tickets and get all the FPs. That would be great if you could, it would certainly cut down on the FP lines and I think it would move faster but I guess it could be unfair to some people with some rude guests trying to take advantage somehow. I go with my DD17 and it would be great if she could get both our FPs. I could save my feet for the rest of the day, lol! It is a very lonnnnng day, crossing through the park for different events and standing/waiting for what seems like ever when your feet are killing you! :goodvibes

We went in '06 & '06 and will go this yr, too. In '06 we got one FP each day for GH, Lucky(first) and Dillon Q. (They were awesome!!!) We got there about 6:10 on Sat and maybe 6:30 - 45 on Sun. On Sat we also got one for OLTL. We weren't sure we'd get back through the line for GH and didn't try AMC but wish we had. Last yr we got there just before 6 on Sat & got one AMC and then one GH. Sunday we decided not to go till like 9 or something and didn't try for a FP. Glad we didn't as they changed how they did things and had we gone earlier we still probably woldn't have gotten one from what people were saying. They cut the line earlier or somethng, I'm no sure.
But, most of the stars did come over to the fence or barricade thingy(unless very pressed for time and their personal CM guide really stopped them) and gave either autos., or pic, hugs,.... Pretty much everyone we wanted to see, we got something at their booth. All of the stars we saw were really awesome!:cool1:

Yesterday we went to a fan event in Chicago and met Kelly Monaco(Sam) and Bradford Anderson(Spinelli). They were both so much fun and were able to spend lots of time with guests unlike SSW which is usually pretty quick in comparison. Both spent extra time, particularly Kelly who's event started about 1:15, to 4, and she spent so much time at everyone's table, she wasn't done until about 6:30! She did spend more time w/ Q & A than Bradford, after her event, the speeded him along a bit more in that part. Anyway, Kelly was great!! So, for your DH, if he likes her and can't get a FP, she did say how at SSW she likes to get everybody who waits, even without FP so they get something - hug, pic, auto. or both! So, I'd definitely wait at her booth, Bradford, too, we got him that way last yr, and myself, I'd get a FP for someone else instead!:thumbsup2

They also pass out Soap Opera Digest magazines all weekend that have the schedule of all the stars events and maps that help you get around and you can get them signed, too! You can probably buy it at the store the week just before SSW if you want one early. Usually that schedule info is also online in the weeks leading up to SSW. It is good to be familiar with things and have some sort of plan before you get there and get overwhelmed with the crowd.

As far as 1am lines, I think the majority of the people arrive after 4:30 or 5, still very early, lol, and lots of taxi's pulling up!

Btw, I'm assuming the dates are Nov 8 & 9 this yr as most here are. Anyone heard anything more definite from Disney this week? I've called and the CM always tells me they have no idea, that info isn't released until 6 months before at the earliest. A great week and with MVMCP starting Mon. night, yay!:santa:

Oh, and no, they don't have SSW at DL anymore, now it's just at the World. They do have the GH fan club weekend in LA in July every year. This year it is July 10 - 14, with star events all weekend where you get more time with them and Q & A, sessions and lots of other fun stuff. I don't think every actor has one, but many do and show up at each others events as surprise guests and such. There is a charge for each event though, unlike disney, but you could just choose to go to one event of someone you really like! Plus I think there is usually food and beverages, raffle prizes, silent auctions, etc.. Never been there but sounds like lots of fun!!

okay, hope there was some useful info in all this babbling!

Thanks Minniekins!!!:cool1:

Great info! I will be sure to use your tips. I don't know how many events he'll want to do that day, of course it will depend on the actors available. And I'll need to be keeping the kids busy! Will the CMs take his picture with our camera during the autograph session if I am not there? Or will it be available on Photopass (even better)?

Thanks. I am looking forward to it!

Thanks Minniekins!!!:cool1:

Great info! I will be sure to use your tips. I don't know how many events he'll want to do that day, of course it will depend on the actors available. And I'll need to be keeping the kids busy! Will the CMs take his picture with our camera during the autograph session if I am not there? Or will it be available on Photopass (even better)?

Thanks. I am looking forward to it!

There is no photopass but there were CM's at every actor that would take pictures. I gave my camera to the CM and my mom took pics from the barracade thing. My mom took lots of pics of me talking to the actors and what not. Where the amount of pics taken on my camera varied from CM to CM. It seemed to be that the CM's who have been through SSW were more apt to take more pics. I'm sure he will have a great time no matter how it works out. I had a blast. Depending on how our cruise this year goes, (mom is very motion sensitive) we may do a 7 day in '09, but no matter what we have already decided we are going back to SSW in '09 and Mom doesn't even like soaps. I'm so excited for everyone who gets to go this year.

You are welcome, Silly Little Pixie! :goodvibes I'm glad you could find something useful in all that babble, lol! Either I lurk or I talk way too much!:rolleyes1

Yeah, there weren't any photopass people for this. But, the CM's do take pic for you. I go with my DD17, we had two cameras the first yr and one of us would take pic and the CM would take something else. I was surprised when I saw the pic, sometimes there was just the one and other times they had done a nice job getting extras. Not every pic is great, some flat heads but w.e. Actually, a CM near Susan Lucci offered to get me a pic since I was standing there, just watching and was too short to see well. He got 3 pic and the quality were the best ones of all the ones we took that day!:laughing:

Also, they give you B/W pic of the stars at their booth, presigned or unsigned and you can have the actor sign it when you meet them. You can have these whether you are in m&g line or just watching/passing by. It's fun to collect them even if you don't stop. Or bring a pic or something you want signed, like a shirt or a bag. We took a canvas bag we bought and it's got some nice autographs on it! Plus we can use it to carry some stuff if we want to. They all have their own set of sharpies on their desk for signing, so don't need that. They say one thing to sign but they usually sign whatever you ask them to.:cheer2:

I'm getting so excite talking about it, I can't wait till it's tiime to go! And my disney fix, too! :yay:

oh, yeah, if your DH wants to say something special or ask a question, tell him to be calm and try to remember it so he doens't kick himself later, wishing he'd done so when he had the opportunity! My daughter was so star struck with Greg Vaughan(lucky) she didn't say much at all. We've gotten more comfortable cause they all (that we've met) were just so kind, geniune, welcoming, happy to see us, etc. Like they already know you, so that's fun.

okay, bye! feel free to ask any other questions you may have! :goodvibes

Does anyone remember what month they confirmed the dates for SSW last year?? We're not booking our trip until the dates are confirmed. I thought it was confirmed by this time last year, but I could be wrong.

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter