Super Soap Weekend 2008?

MeredithJ

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know what date Super Soap Weekend will be in 2008? I am thinking it will be Nov 8 & 9, but now I am wondering if it will be Nov 15 & 16. :confused3 I need to request days off from work, so if anyone knows for sure which dates it will be, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks!

Someone did post a few days ago saying Super Soaps weekend is Nov. 8 & 9
I am hoping it is right so I can plan my vacation too.

I know the dates have not been released yet.
I am waiting also to know for sure
My guess is Nov 15th & 16th only because when I received my e-mail discount code and clicked on the link for Nov 9 thru Nov 15th a page came up of things to do during that time which I printed and it says Meet some of your favorite ABC Soap Stars up Close & Personal At ABC Super Soap Weekend
They also listed Festival of the Masters Nov 7-9th nd I figured the 9th was during that time also (even though the 7th & 8th are not)
So I am thinking why would they have the Soap Weekend info if it was not during those times. But as I said this is just a guess and I hope they announce it soon

I know the dates have not been released yet.
I am waiting also to know for sure
My guess is Nov 15th & 16th only because when I received my e-mail discount code and clicked on the link for Nov 9 thru Nov 15th a page came up of things to do during that time which I printed and it says Meet some of your favorite ABC Soap Stars up Close & Personal At ABC Super Soap Weekend
They also listed Festival of the Masters Nov 7-9th nd I figured the 9th was during that time also (even though the 7th & 8th are not)
So I am thinking why would they have the Soap Weekend info if it was not during those times. But as I said this is just a guess and I hope they announce it soon

I have been checking every where pretty regularly for these dates. I go every year for the last 10. In the past it has been the second weekend of November. That would make it the 8th and 9th. In 2003 the SSW was the same dates, Nov 8th and 9th. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is correct as we had to have our vacation schedules in by January 31st.

I waiting for these dates also to I love to go this weekend, we also go to enjoy F&W, and of course the first MVMCP of the season, this is what starts our holiday season off. I keep checking also

Unfortunately, park hours are normally not out until 6 months before, but I was hoping to not have to wait until then. It seems to me that the last few years it has been the same weekend as Festival of the Masters, which would make it the earlier weekend. But that would mean no MVMCP, since that usually doesn't start until the middle of November. I even checked the ABC site and the SoapNet site and neither of them has anything on it either. I guess we'll all just have to keep speculating and keep our "eyes and ears" open until we get the official word.

Thanks to all of my fellow "soap sisters" for trying to help me figure this out.

Meredith

I heard it from a "highly in the know" source that it will be the 8th & 9th. I will be there that weekend as well.

Did you try calling Disney? We were making plans last March to go to SSW 2007 and I ended up calling because I couldn't find the dates anywhere. They had to do some checking around but they did find the dates for me. Good luck!

Waiting for this info also. We are getting married at Disney on November 10 and a few of our guests (especially one of my BM) is a big soap fan. We have already spoken about it so hopefully when everyone is down for the wedding that weekend we can take advantage of Super Soap.

We are also looking forward to seeing when the MVMCP's are. Would love to be able to go to one of those on our honeymoon.

Linda

I'm also waiting for the dates to be confirmed!! It seems like it could be either one of those weekends, (Nov. 8th and 9th, OR nov. 15th and 16th). It was Nov. 8th and 9th in 2003, but then it was the 13th and 14th in 2004...

Does anyone remember what month they confirmed the dates last year? Hopefully, it will be soon!

subscribing. I'm very interested in when SSW is. I keep thinking (and hoping) it'll be the Saturday & Sunday before Veteran's Day. :)

Looks Like Supersoap will be Nov 8 & 9, 2008

In the last week 3 CSR have told me those were the dates and today when I was on the phone I asked if dates were released yet and she said yes let me look in up and came back in a min and confirmed Nov 8 & 9

And I KNOW it will be Nov. 8/9 this year. I will be arriving on the 7th and will be attending the Festival of the Masters, as that was AWESOME last year.:thumbsup2 Wish I would have stayed longer for that.;)

Last year the first MVMCP was Nov 12th so if that general timeline holds for that (with leap year) it could be as early as the 10th so if anyone is going for SSW (if it is 8/9) then there is a possibility of christmas party too that week.

We are going Nov 5 - 15 and I am hoping it is the 8/9 - have always wanted to go but are also hoping christmas party starts that week so it's a waiting game. Those are our dates regardless so it's luck of the draw I guess.

Anyone know when MVMCP dates get released?

Also, what is festival of the masters?

Also, what is festival of the masters?

The Festival of the Masters is Disney's acclaimed annual showcase of art, culture and cuisine. Set up at Downtown Disney Westside, this festival is a living gallery of the masterpieces of today's top artists. Artwork mediums such as photography, glass work, paintings, sculptures, prints, drawings, jewelry, leather & wood, mixed media and collage, and Digital art for a 2nd Year.

This is a 'do not miss' event if you're in town and is one of Disney's best 'free' offerings. If you're in town during the weekend when it's hosted, you'll want to plan a visit to Downtown Disney to view the art work on display. The atmosphere and artwork is amazing. Here's a great tip: visit during the daylight hours. Downtown Disney's lighting is pretty subdued. If you go during the evening, you may not be able to see the artistry as well, especially those terrific.

The event this year includes displays from over 175 different artists, looking to win awards judged by a panel of experts. There will also be a number of specialty food offerings and live dance music.
Also in this year's event:
House of Blues will feature a Folks Art Festival, featuring 40 local and national folk artists
Disney Fine Art Group artists Trevor Carlton and Stephen Reis will create original works of art during Live Performance Art Shows 10 am Friday and 1 pm Saturday in front of the Virgin Records Megastore.
The Central Florida Chalk Artists Association will decorate more than six thousand square feet of sidewalk--kids can create their own chalk art masterpieces as well.
Special Children's Activities at: Cirque du Soleil, Fulton's Crab House, Portabello YachtClub, Planet Hollywood, Ghirardelli's, and LEGO Locations.
Live Entertainment daily at Virgin Records, Bongos Cuban Cafe, Fulton's, Portabello and House of Blues.
Pleasure Island will be hosting Live Bands throughout the Island.
All times and events subject to change without notice.

There is no charge to attend any of the above.

i would also like to the dates i might go this year i have not made my mind up but i also would like to know who is also going
steph

Hi there..I was on another site and found a link for SSW check it out. Read the first 4 posts. Seems SSW is Nov 8 & 9. Reservations already made and very excited about it... tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/Supersoapweekendfanatics/message/31031 ]
And I KNOW it will be Nov. 8/9 this year. I will be arriving on the 7th and will be attending the Festival of the Masters, as that was AWESOME last year.:thumbsup2 Wish I would have stayed longer for that.;)

Are reservations needed specifically for soap weekend? My family is going to Orlando that very week but I was not going to go to Disney until that Mon. the 10th hoping crowds would be less. My mom is a big soap fan and I would like to try to take her. She is in a wheelchair. Are the crowds intense and is there a place just for wheelchairs where she won't be stampeded? Would Sun. be any better than Sat.? Can you actually see the stars? Thanks for any help.

Are reservations needed specifically for soap weekend? My family is going to Orlando that very week but I was not going to go to Disney until that Mon. the 10th hoping crowds would be less. My mom is a big soap fan and I would like to try to take her. She is in a wheelchair. Are the crowds intense and is there a place just for wheelchairs where she won't be stampeded? Would Sun. be any better than Sat.? Can you actually see the stars? Thanks for any help.

Hi, We went to SSW the last 2 years. Reservations are not needed for SSW. It is open to anyone that has a ticket for DHS on those days.

My b/f who has Cerebral Palsy is in a power wheelchair. The crowds are big. There is a wheelchair section for the interviews under the Hat. They warned us that the section usually fills up by 2pm and they could not guarantee a spot after that. You can't just go in and out of the section and expect to get your place back. He would stay in the section and I would go get drinks or snacks.

This is a shot from inside the wheelchair section, we were in the front row inside the fence. There were a lot more people than the pic shows. There were many more people to the right and farther back.
sswcrowdpic.jpg

These shots are when we went to the actors autograph locations:

WDW2007Parkday7ME3.jpg

WDW2007Parkday7MEK1.jpg

My advice make a plan before you arrive. Decide who you want to see and get to the autographs stations early. Some actors talk to the people behind the barricades, some do not. Don't expect an autograph without a fastpass, although it can happen. If you want to watch the motorcades, do not wait until late in the day to get there. There are also shows at different locations in the park with game shows, interviews, etc.

We had a blast and are going again. I hope you and your mom have fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter