Super Soap Weekend 2007

I am soooo pumped:banana: I have always wanted to go to wdw with them and every time we invite them they say they can't so this is awesome!:cool1:

This will be my second attempt at SSW. Last year I went and was unsuccessful in obtaining any GH fastpasses. Anyone have suggestions for my trip this year?

I love Lucky!! (aka Greg Vaughn)

This will be my second attempt at SSW. Last year I went and was unsuccessful in obtaining any GH fastpasses. Anyone have suggestions for my trip this year?

I love Lucky!! (aka Greg Vaughn)

Get there super super early. As in 2+ hours before the gates open. That is the only way you may get a fastpass for who you want.

My friends and I are staying at Pop Century. I don't think the disney transportation runs 2 hours before park opening. I will have to do some more planning, Thanks!!!

Is there any chance we can get more than one fastpass or should we just be happy with one?

We are staying at Pop too. I am on a soap board and they keep saying they get several fastpasses, they take taxi's to MGM very early. My b/f and I won't be getting fastpasses because we are not going 2-3 hours early, he is in a power wheelchair and it takes time to help him in the morning.

Also, we can't rely on the taxi service that is wheelchair accessible. We had a chat breakfast to go to last year and called a day ahead to schedule a taxi and it didn't show up. Thank goodness Disney had a bus running for it. We are content with getting pics of them and some occasionally stop and get a pic with him.

I THINK the busses run 1 hour before park opening. So if MGM opens at 8am for SSW, then the busses should start running at 7am, although I'm now thinking they start at 7am no matter what.

I really have to check on that ... hmm ...

I'm also planning on staying at Pop. I'm starting to save up now, haha. I know it's about 3 months away (WOO HOO!) so I hope a room is available still, lol.

Is there any chance we can get more than one fastpass or should we just be happy with one?

It is possible to get more than one but probably not for GH. It seems to be the most popular. I have been able to get back in line for AMC and go through a second time.

We are staying at Pop too. I am on a soap board and they keep saying they get several fastpasses, they take taxi's to MGM very early. My b/f and I won't be getting fastpasses because we are not going 2-3 hours early, he is in a power wheelchair and it takes time to help him in the morning.

Also, we can't rely on the taxi service that is wheelchair accessible. We had a chat breakfast to go to last year and called a day ahead to schedule a taxi and it didn't show up. Thank goodness Disney had a bus running for it. We are content with getting pics of them and some occasionally stop and get a pic with him.

Which soap board are you on? The abc one? Thanks, for the tip about taking a taxi. We will have to do that! My friends and I are on a mission to meet at least one GH soap star. I'm probably dreaming but I'm hoping to get more than one fastpass. We have been planning this trip since last year, We are so excited!!!!:banana:

Which soap board are you on? The abc one? Thanks, for the tip about taking a taxi. We will have to do that! My friends and I are on a mission to meet at least one GH soap star. I'm probably dreaming but I'm hoping to get more than one fastpass. We have been planning this trip since last year, We are so excited!!!!:banana:

I got that info from Susan Lucci's chat club yahoo group. I am in a OLTL group, we are on msn but moving to another site. MSN has been driving us crazy. I hope you get to meet many stars while you are there. Our favorite was Michael E. Knight (Tad from AMC). He was so wonderful.

I got that info from Susan Lucci's chat club yahoo group. I am in a OLTL group, we are on msn but moving to another site. MSN has been driving us crazy. I hope you get to meet many stars while you are there. Our favorite was Michael E. Knight (Tad from AMC). He was so wonderful.

I use to watch all three soaps, but I can't seem to find the time. I like Tad on AMC. Last year it seemed like Blair from OLTL was really great with the fans. I also thought Greg Vaughn was really great with the fans. I waited at his first autograph session and he shook all the fans hands that were waiting to see him. I'm sure even if we don't get fastpasses it will be a blast. I loved it last year and I have tons of great pictures. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with me. I hope you have a great time too!!

I THINK the busses run 1 hour before park opening. So if MGM opens at 8am for SSW, then the busses should start running at 7am, although I'm now thinking they start at 7am no matter what.

I really have to check on that ... hmm ...

I'm also planning on staying at Pop. I'm starting to save up now, haha. I know it's about 3 months away (WOO HOO!) so I hope a room is available still, lol.

I don't think we will chance it with the busses. I've never stayed at POP, this will be ther first time there. We have stayed at Movies three times.

If you have $200 saved up I would go ahead and book it now. Mousesavers will probably have a code sometime this month for November. I wouldn't wait too long to book your trip.

This is our first time at Pop too. I read that Pop doesn't share busses with any other resort and most people say the busses are fairly frequent.

I'm going with a couple of friends for SSW. I've never been before (neither have they, but they aren't crazy about the soaps; so they plan on doing the rides while I get my soap fix!)

Just wanted to subscribe!

A tip for SSW -
Will be my 2nd 'solo' vacation - Wouldn't have it any other way (unless I went with other 'soap' fans)
This will be my 3rd trip to SSW........ 1st year was with the husband & our son, 2nd year was solo....... & if you haven't done the 'solo' trip yet............... IT IS DEFINATELY THE WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2 Solo is much easier to maneuver thru the crowds, can do whatever you want without worrying about what others want to do, can go at your own pace, wake up as early as you want, stay out as late as you want, do I need to say anymore. Just a quick tip, make sure you do your homework before you leave & you will be able to see everything!!!!!!!! Might take both days to get everything in, but it's well worth it if you are a soap fanatic!!!!!!!!! BEST VACATION ANY SOAP FAN COULD EVER TAKE!!!!!!!! :yay:
ENJOY!!!!!!!!

I am soo excited! It's our first trip for SSW. We'll be at Pop from the 8th- 12th. It'll be my mom, little brother, and myself! Can't wait!!

Hi, ladies. My Sister and I decided today that we are going to go to SSW in 2008! It seems that it is usually the second weekend in November (over the last few years). I was thinking about putting down a deposit since it's only $200 assuming that the SSW is November 8-9, 2008. I'd like to go from Nov. 4-9, 2008.

How far in advance do they usually release the dates?

Thanks,

Missie

Hi, ladies. My Sister and I decided today that we are going to go to SSW in 2008! It seems that it is usually the second weekend in November (over the last few years). I was thinking about putting down a deposit since it's only $200 assuming that the SSW is November 8-9, 2008. I'd like to go from Nov. 4-9, 2008.

How far in advance do they usually release the dates?

Thanks,

Missie

It is veterans day weekend every year:goodvibes I went in 2005 and I am going again this year. For as long as I can remember it has been that holiday weekend though. I hope that helps:thumbsup2

It is veterans day weekend every year:goodvibes I went in 2005 and I am going again this year. For as long as I can remember it has been that holiday weekend though. I hope that helps:thumbsup2

Thank you for your help! I totally forgot about Veteran's Day being around that time. That helps for getting off of work, lol.

Thanks again!!
Missie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter