Super Shuttle or Prime Time Shuttle (LAX to HOJO)

mikeeymike

Bringing Some Disney Magic to my Family!!
I searched the forum and there are many threads on this subject but I thought I would ask again and try and get some recent recommendations and experiences from all of you.

I have narrowed our transport options to these two shuttle services.

LAX to Hojo and Hojo to LAX, return trip for three adults and two toddler/infants:

Super Shuttle (15% off coupon applied) = $81.60

Prime Time Shuttle (coupon from www.anaheimoc.org) = $69.00

As you can see, the price difference is significant.

Based on your experiences,

- At LAX, after you get your luggage, Super Shuttle Vans can be met at the Orange Shared Van Ride sign. Is it the same for Prime Time Shuttle? Does Prime Time have a lot of vans operating at any given time? How do they compare to Super Shuttle in terms of availability.

- Anyone pre-booked a hotel pick up reservation with Prime Time Shuttle? Are they reliable and have they picked you up on time?

Supershuttle also offers the Execucar service for up to 5 people, and is usually cheaper than the supershuttle vans even with coupon. Coupon codes don't work for Supershuttle's Execucar. I have found them to be on time, and once at LAX with bags in hand it has never taken more than 5-10 min. for them to pick you up. The vehicle for the execucar is a Honda Odyssey.

I checked out Super Shuttle's Business Express Svc by ExecuCarExpress - service up to 5 passengers.

One way from LAX to Hojo is $72. The above prices in my original post is for round-trip. So this would be a more expensive option!!

We used the Super Shuttle a couple of weeks ago and found them excellent, easy to find at the airport and only waited 5 minutes before we were picked up. There was someone at the stop who called in the shuttle and the others in our van were all going to Anaheim so no lengthy detours...

Certainly saw a lot more Super Shuttles driving around Anaheim than we saw Prime Times in the 12 days we were in Anaheim...

I checked out Super Shuttle's Business Express Svc by ExecuCarExpress - service up to 5 passengers.

One way from LAX to Hojo is $72. The above prices in my original post is for round-trip. So this would be a more expensive option!!

OIC, maybe you are pricing out a shared ride, then.

We used Prime Time to pick us up at Desert Inn this time last year - we were travelling as a group of 9 adults and had booked a private van. They were quite a bit earlier than the time we required (about 30 mins if i remember) and the driver was a bit impatient that we weren't ready to leave... :rolleyes1
We have used supershuttle too, and never had any problems with them either- i would say go with the money saver! :thumbsup2

I used Super Shuttle from LAX to Anaheim, just went to the stop at the airport.
My 2 adult children & I booked Prime Time to take us back to LAX on recommendation from our hotel.
They were a little early which was ok, as we had checked out in the morning, & just hanging around til our flight.
The issue I had with them was that there were 2 people in the mini van already, then the 3 of us, then they went to pick up another family of 4. My son, daughter & I were sitting on the back seat, which was comfortable for us. There was only a 2 seater left in the bus & a vacant seat next to the driver.
The Driver proceeded to tell us that the back seat was a four seater, not a 3 seater. My Son & I are not large by any means, but he told us because we were "so big" we would have to sit on the 2 seater, and the Mum & 2 young sons had to sit with my Daughter & the Dad in the front seat.
I could not believe this...all I can say is if any of us were a larger build then I have no idea how he would have fitted us all in.
Because of this I will never travel with them again.

I used Super Shuttle from LAX to Anaheim, just went to the stop at the airport.
My 2 adult children & I booked Prime Time to take us back to LAX on recommendation from our hotel.
They were a little early which was ok, as we had checked out in the morning, & just hanging around til our flight.
The issue I had with them was that there were 2 people in the mini van already, then the 3 of us, then they went to pick up another family of 4. My son, daughter & I were sitting on the back seat, which was comfortable for us. There was only a 2 seater left in the bus & a vacant seat next to the driver.
The Driver proceeded to tell us that the back seat was a four seater, not a 3 seater. My Son & I are not large by any means, but he told us because we were "so big" we would have to sit on the 2 seater, and the Mum & 2 young sons had to sit with my Daughter & the Dad in the front seat.
I could not believe this...all I can say is if any of us were a larger build then I have no idea how he would have fitted us all in.
Because of this I will never travel with them again.

If there were only 3 seatbelts as I suspect there were, then it was indeed a 3-seater, not a 4-seater. Were you all wearing seatbelts? (To be able to tell him no seatbelts left.)

I just asked my Daughter if they all had seatbelts on & she said no.....so I have no idea how many seat belts were on the backseat.
I didnt actually think about the seatbelt issue!

Supershuttle also offers the Execucar service for up to 5 people, and is usually cheaper than the supershuttle vans even with coupon. Coupon codes don't work for Supershuttle's Execucar. I have found them to be on time, and once at LAX with bags in hand it has never taken more than 5-10 min. for them to pick you up. The vehicle for the execucar is a Honda Odyssey.

:cloud9: Thank you for this info! I had no idea that Execucar even existed.

Since I started this thread, I thought I would update you on what I have decided to do with our airport transportation.

I decided to not use either Super Shuttle or Prime Shuttle. I found a company called DK's Livery Services using limos.com. If you google DK's Livery Service, you will find their website.

I ended up talking to the owner himself and negotiated a better rate of 80 each way (flat fee inclusive of all taxes and gratuity). Transportation is in the form of a large Chevy Suburban SUV. The fee also includes a stop at a grocery store so we can pick up some essentials before we get to our hotel. The other good thing is that he is providing the appropriate car seats for my infant and toddler.

We use this service in 4 days and once the trip is done, I will post a review on DK's Livery Service.

Not to hijack the thread....

But I was hoping to find out from those of you who have used Supershuttle how long before your flight home did they pick you up from your hotel? I like to arrive at the airport only an hour before the flight. If they bring me to the airport two hours before a flight I might as well take a cab....

I'd rather spend the money and have an extra hour in the park.

Not to hijack the thread....

But I was hoping to find out from those of you who have used Supershuttle how long before your flight home did they pick you up from your hotel? I like to arrive at the airport only an hour before the flight. If they bring me to the airport two hours before a flight I might as well take a cab....

I'd rather spend the money and have an extra hour in the park.

I'm like you. I book SuperShuttle online and I give them a later flight time than I actually have so I don't have to sit around at the airport for 2 hours. However, I fly from SNA and have done it so often I'm pretty comfortable with the driving time and traffic conditions. From LAX it would be hard for me to judge so I'd likely go with their suggested time until I knew more about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter