Super Market in Disney World?

Ellie_N_Carl

Earning My Ears
Hi Disney Friends....

I am wondering, does anyone know of a super market with in the WDW resort? If so does Disney transportation take you there? Or can I take a taxi there?

Anyone have the location, what hotels or parks it may be near?

Thank you! :)

There are no supermarkets on Disney property. Disney doesn't provide transportation off of Disney property (except between the airport and your resort hotel).

There are several supermarkets you can take a taxi to. My preference is to arrange for a grocery delivery ... the delivery fee is cheaper than round-trip taxi fare, and it takes away zero time from your vacation.

www.goodings.com
www.gardengrocer.com
www.wegoshop.com

Depending on where you stay, there is a Publix, Wynn-Dixie, SuperWalmart, SuperTarget, all near Disney property.

Google Garden Grocer for delivery. Good selection and very fair prices. Have a great trip. :banana::cool1:

Here's a map of shopping options in the immediate WDW area:

Shoppingmap.jpg
[/IMG]

We used garden Grocer 2 weeks ago and it was great. We will definitly be using them again!

THANKS EVERYONE! I will be passing this information on to all my family members when they come down for my wedding!

We used garden Grocer 2 weeks ago and it was great. We will definitly be using them again!

Google Garden Grocer for delivery. Good selection and very fair prices. Have a great trip. :banana::cool1:

Have either of you order fruit and veggies? If so how where they? If you had any issues with them, how easy and quickly were they resolved.

Thanks! :)

I just want to say the only place you should avoid because their prices are more expensive then any other location is Goodings and I know they have a location in the Crossroads Plaza on Lake Buena Vista/535.

We have used wegoshop 6 times and I highly recommend them. We have received fruit each time (banans, apples, oranges) and it was fresh and fine. They will shop at which ever store you choose and you receive the original store receipt with your order. Their delivery fee is a bit higher, but they do not mark up the individual items.
We have been very pleased and I recommend them.

Fort Wilderness has a few groceries:)
That was what i was going to say. If staying at a monorail resort it would be cheaper to take a boat (via the MK) to FW and get what you need there. Rather then to get a cab or pay at your resort. The Meadows Trading post has a descent selection of must have stuff. If driving there is a Publix 10 minutes away or a super walmart about 20min away (plus you can stop at the disney character store on the way back to disney).

there are two Walmarts on the outskirts of the Disney property but none within. one on Turkey Lake Rd and another at the end of the 535. CR Resort Fan 4 Life mentioned the Crossroads, well further down there is a Winn-Dixie supermarket which is never busy and fairly tidy.

We have used Garden Grocer a number of times.....LOVE not having to drive to a store!! We've ordered produce from them (liquor too!) and have not had a problem.

I just want to say the only place you should avoid because their prices are more expensive then any other location is Goodings and I know they have a location in the Crossroads Plaza on Lake Buena Vista/535.

Agree....and if you go a little further on 535 you will find the Winn Dixie.

I second this. Went there on our last trip to bring some stuff back home, the prices were UNBELIEVABLE! And to top it off, there wasn't much to choose from and they only had 1 register open at 8PM. Not good if you have a cab waiting.
If you plan on going shopping, there's a Publix right accross the Premium Outlets.

Agree...stay away from Goodings...their prices were so outrageous I kept doing double-takes to make sure I was reading correctly...Publix is a little further from the WDW resorts but well worth the drive...

Depending on what you are willing to spend & your time allowed, all resorts with a DVC has a food "store" area in the gift shop.
WL gift shop has food tems
BC/YC market place has food items
CR now has a DVC, so most likely has a shop with food items
BW has a bakery with food items
OKW and Sartoga gift shps has food items

What WDW resort are yo staying at ?
Which DVC is closest to you ?

Most have basic food and toiletry items, as well as wine and liquor.

Goodings at crossroads is convienient but crazy $. We like to head over to Publix. It is such a great grocery market! Compared to what we usually have to shop in it is like being on vacation haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter