Super late MK EMH... I'm THRILLED. 1am-3am

Toulouse

Ladies don't start fights but they can finish them
Looks like Friday, April 5 is getting MK EMH from 1-3am - park is open until 1am.

I'm thrilled - the later the better. My DH and I are kid-less... and although we enjoy seeing other little ones marvel at Disney Magic, I can't wait to roar around the park like an adult child.

Anyone have any special tips or comments about these really late EMHs? We are renting a car so hopefully can be back ASAP (and have a chilled late-morning planned the next day).

We did a late one a couple years back with our then 10 and 12 year olds. I kept telling them we would NOT be staying until that late, even though we did not have park plans the next day and could sleep in. Well, one thing led to another, and before you know it is 2:30 am! LOL.

The park was quite empty that late at night and we loved it. The only drawback is that food service is very limited. We made the mistake (mistake?) of having ice cream sundaes and cake at like 5 pm, so we were not hungry again at dinner (of course). So it gets to be around 11 pm and now we want to eat. Finally found that Cosmic Rays has one window open and we get food and sit down to dinner at midnight.

We did a few more things and finally wandered out at 2:30. I have to say of all the trips we took, I think that one will always stand out in our minds as the best. The kids were amazed we let them stay out that late, and eat ice cream for dinner. Ah, memories!

MK had EMH till 2am when we were there in June. I second the fact that food service gets limited very late at night and we also ate at Cosmic Rays around midnight. It was very fun! When we left we were the only ones on the tram, and our car was the only one left in our section of the parking lot! We thought that was cool. When does that ever happen at the Magic Kingdom? It is less crowded but the big rides like Space Mountain still had quite a wait, and unbelievingly, Peter Pan was still an hour wait around 1am! :confused3

Late night EMH are my absolute favorite! I went to one from 12am-2am last Feb. It was very busy at 12am at Space Mountain, but by time we went to Splash Mountain around 1am, it was dead. We rode three times in a row.

Late night EMH are my absolute favorite! I went to one from 12am-2am last Feb. It was very busy at 12am at Space Mountain, but by time we went to Splash Mountain around 1am, it was dead. We rode three times in a row.

Which is probably why (unfortunately) Splash Mountain is no longer open during evening EMH.

We love EMH! The last two years, we have stayed at until about 2:45 at MK. We really enjoyed the park. Another nice thing that happened was that it rained earlier in the night and the park really cleared out. My daughter just talked about it the other day. She remembered sitting on the curb watching the crowd file out about 11, and then getting up and feeling like we had the run of the place! Enjoy it!

as mentioned above, the only thing I'd really recommend is to know what closes and what doesn't, including restaurants and gift shops. That way you can split things up between day and night and not be disappointed.
A cool thing to do is save some of the outdoors attractions for later especially big thunder mountain!

I agree, late extra magic hours are the best. My dad and I are night owls by nature, but even my morning-monster mom enjoyed herself once she got over being grumpy :rotfl:
There's something so magical about seeing the park lit up and really feeling like you have the place to yourself :goodvibes enjoy!!

The first time we ever did emh was late night at mk til 3am.:cool1:

We were amazed how many small children were still around though,in strollers,being carried and walking around- it was crazy.;)

One year after midnight we rode HM all by ourselves, then stayed on for an extra ride. Really spooky all alone in there, and the CMs were really playing it up. Seems most of the late EMH attractions were not closeby so few people ventured to the HM area. Had a great time!

FUN!! I have only ever stayed late for Grad Nite - and it is definitely more crowded than the typical late EMH. Have a great time! :)

I did late EMH several times last Aug. Anything that started before 10pm seemed too crowded (except for Epcot). MK seemed to clear out after 90mins on a 3-hr EMH. DHS was a total waste of time. I won't go back to MK or DHS for a 2-hr EMH.

It's a great night to do the Wishes Dessert Party. Have a really, really early dinner (or just a big late lunch), then the Dessert Party mid-evening. The sugar high from the Dessert Party will definitely carry you through to 3 am!

It's a great night to do the Wishes Dessert Party. Have a really, really early dinner (or just a big late lunch), then the Dessert Party mid-evening. The sugar high from the Dessert Party will definitely carry you through to 3 am!

That's what my son and I are counting on for our trip in two weeks! We will get to sit and enjoy the dessert party and Wishes. Then we'll have 'rested' enough to get back to the MK rides! :rotfl2:

Can't wait!

So jealous!! We have hit these a few times & it is truly amazing! We've been ones with a little kid along, but older ds has always been a night owl & a trooper! So fun, enjoy!!

We're planning to experience our very first very late EMH at MK tomorrow. Supposedly the regular park hours are until 1am with EMH until 3am. But on the Disney app it's saying regular until 2am with only a 1 hour EMH until 3am. In any event, we'll hit another park tomorrow until about 2 or 3pm, return to the hotel for a nap, then go to MK about 10 or 11pm and stay until 3am. Then stay awake because on Monday AK has EMH starting at 7am. So we'll hit that maybe until 11am and then sleep the afternoon away and maybe return to another park Monday night.

Jim

LOVE Sunday late night EMH at Magic Kingdom!!! We love walking back to the park entrance through Adventureland. It is always so empty!! :cloud9:

I agree to plan dinner and snacks ahead of time. It seems like time just disappears in the evening... and before you know it, it is midnight and there is nothing to eat!!

Everyone should have at least one adult only WDW vacation. It puts things into perspective. :3dglasses

We got all these great pictures with the characters with no waiting. Our biggest surprise was coming out of Space Mountain and seeing Minnie and Mickey. It was 2 years ago when they shut Toon Town down and the had a character spot over by the exit We got some great, Unposed shots. The photographer got me doing a cartwheel and in another we all jumped up in the air at the same time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter