• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super Goofs with SPRINGS!!

princessrunner

Real athletes run, others just play games...
Sorry I disappeared again Goofs. School kicks my **** sometimes and I just have to concentrate harder. We have a comprehensive final coming up in a few weeks and today I finished up my 18 page Biography in psychology. :surf web: So this is where I have been for weeks on end after finishing up work, attending baseball/softball games and housework.

Anyway, on the running front, I have a plan set in place thanks to my Runners World SmartCoach app. Starting slowly this time so I don't suffer any blowouts this time. My sites are set on the Freeport half (8/14), the Maine half (9/30) and then I am sitting on the fence of Goofy and the full marathon in January. :hyper: Yeah I said it. :rolleyes1 Just no one tell Liz...

So how is spring treating everyone else???

I think the cold snap sent everyone back into hibernation!

I've spent the month of April slowly building my running back....very slowly. My plan now is to spend the next 3 months training so that I can start marathon training in end of July. Yes, I am training to train!

Doing NYC in November and Goofy (my first) in January. No other races on the calendar, but may look for some runs to incorporate into my training. I'm not good at running a race "just to run" though. Hey, they don't call them "races" for nothin'!

Maura

Nah - for me, the migration to new servers meant that I would be logged in, then try to reply, and not be logged in. Heck, reloading a page often changed my login status.

Still running, streak is still going, still in my freak shoes. Attempting my first marathon in them on Saturday - I've run other marathons, but this will be my first in my freak shoes. My only goal is to finish, and hopefully with a smile. (Or, barring that - a rictus of pain, which will look about the same in a picture.)

Losing too many of my races this spring, however - no race next weekend (wedding), or the weekend after (Cub Scouts), or the weekend after (sons first communion). Not even sure if I can get in a race in the fall - too many things going on at once. Almost certainly running the Goofy in January, however - won't register until after I finish running on Saturday, just in case.

So, I have a training question, I'll try not to make it too confusing...any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I was due for a 15 mile run. About 6 miles into it, I got a HUGE blister, and it tore, so I stopped at that point. In two weeks, I have a 17 mile run scheduled. So, do I try and do 15 this week, and 17 next week, or do I fall back and do 15 in 2 weeks and reset my schedule from there, or stay on schedule and do the 17, totally skipping the 15? I'm so confused!

AngieIf you have time, you could reset....repeat the week you had the 15 and then keep going. It would be like adding a "step back" week (your 6 miler) into your plan.

If you don't have any cushion, just keep on plan--do the 17 next weekend like you normally would. If you've had good runs leading up to it, you should be okay.

Hope your blister has healed and it doesn't cause you any more problems.

Rich Good luck with your race. Would like to hear how it goes with your shoes. Although I have to say, even though I'm a barefoot kind of person, I have no desire to give those a try!

I have also had issues with staying logged in on the boards. I keep saying "remember me", but it doesn't!

Anyway, had a pretty good tempo run today--the first of my long road back. I gave myself permission to cut it short, but I didn't, so I'm happy.

Maura

Will do a more definitive race report later, but the toe shoes worked fine. Final time is going to be roughly 4:17 - not my fastest, but since I barely trained for this, and it was in the toe shoes, I'm happy with it. I did wind up with a raw spot on one foot, and an impressive blister on the other, but that can happen with any shoes.

Feet were sore at the end of the race, and walking around in the toe shoes afterward was uncomfortable. By now, however, my feet are fine, so it's really just extra wear and tear on my feet that was the problem. ;)

Nice job Rich. Glad to hear your shoes worked well for you. Liz reported that her Skele-Toes worked well for her also. I guess I should look at some of those.

So I tripped over my dog on the way into my house to change to go on a run and broke my middle toe on my left foot. :furious: I ran this morning for the first time since breaking it and yeah, I can still feel it. Since it has only been 2 days I guess I expected it. But not at the same time. I only ran 2 miles but it wasn't too bad. I was shooting for an 11:39 mpm average and ended up with an 11:18 mpm average. I will call that a win. ::yes::

Hope everyone else is having a great start to May. I am almost done this semester ready to start summer with Finite Math and Pathophysiology. :surf web: It may be a long summer.............

Lisa - Sorry to hear about the toe. Hope it heals up soon. I have been having more problems running (post-marathon) than normal, but not excessively so, and some of it could be the combination of the drive back, mowing the lawn, kettlebell class, etc. My current plan is no run more than a 5k for until at least the middle of the month or so, and I probably won't start any speedwork until June.

3.18 miles this morning. Maintaining about an 11:40 average give or take. Today was give as I ended up at 11:45 for the run. I have to keep telling myself this is not about speed but miles as I get back into the groove.

So, what is the most interesting thing you have ever seen on one of your runs??

For me, it was a moose. Yeah, I live in Maine and you had to have expected it, but I sure didn't. The poor thing ended up having brainwork disease and had to be put down. It was in the middle of the cow pasture wandering around with the rest of the herd. Sad.

Hi! :wave2:

LOVE my Skeletoes!! Think most of you saw my post on FB. Never going back to regular runners.

Yeah, I think the weather and work caused most people to go missing again.

Lisa - Hope the toe is feeling better and yes, I heard you about Goofy. ;)

Bumping us along. I hope everyone is doing okay and just so busy with spring cleaning that they don't have time to post. Otherwise, I am going to have to take another shower....

So Goofy registration is done (Liz). I am totally committed to this (Liz). And now I need to get training...wait, that involves Patrick :laughing:

Also signed up for the Maine Half Marathon in September as my precursor to the Goofy committal. Can't find the registration for the Freeport half anymore so I need to do some further looking. But not tonight. I'm tired....:surfweb:

Hey everyone!

I've been basically missing in action on this thread for the last couple of months, pretty much since the princess half. I somehow convinced my husband that he should take up running and that we should do a Warrior Dash together (in reality, I just dangled the prospect of a beer and a Viking helmet in front of him...somehow it worked). Well, since that fateful day in early March, he's been training hard with a modified C25K program. We ran a benefit 5k together in April, which was the first 5k either one of has done (I just jumped right in with the half distance when I started running). So, Sunday is our big day! I'm really looking forward to the Dash and hoping that it is an enjoyable experience.

So far, the other races I'm currently signed up for are the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta and, in a fit of insanity, I registered for the Goofy. I'm probably going to do a fall marathon so that I don't make the marathon weekend my first full.

Happy running to everyone and have a great weekend!

~Nicky

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter