Super Certificate Expiration Date?

Pink Flamingo

<font color=FF66FF>Think Pink!!!<br><font color=CC
Does anyone know if the super certificates from giftcertificates.com have an expiration date?

Thanks for your help!

I redeemed for a supercert (the plastic card that gets mailed to the house) and got it this week. It did have an expiration date, 8/9/2003. Then, of course, you redeem it for a specific gift certificate and have extra time before that one expires.

Thanks so much for your help.

Do I have this correct - if I ordered a gift certificate after I ordered a super certificate it would be good for at least 1 year from now?

When you redeem your miles at milesource ( I'm assuming that's the program you're doing) you will be emailed a link for your supercert. The link will send you to www.giftcertificate.com website. You can then redeem for whatever gift cert for a specific company you want (like macy's, Old Navy, rainforest cafe. etc) or you can redeem for a supercert. The supercert is like a credit (or gift certificate) for giftcertificates.com. Sorry, I know that's confusing.

By redeeming for a supercert and not the specific gift certificate you want, you can extend the expiration date. You do, however, run the risk that the gift certificate you really want will not be offered anymore or will not be in stock when you want it.

Most gift certificates offered by giftcertificate.com are good for at least a year.

Hopefully, I will be receving my first $25.00 supercert within the next few days (keep your fingers crossed). I want to redeem it for a RFC gift cert. My question is this: When I do get the supercert and link with giftcerts.com, what do you do if the RFC gift certs are not available at the present time? Can you put the supercert in an online account, like at webcerts.com?
Thanks,
Figment

Here's how it went the last time I redeemed from milesource.
August 12th- redeemed for a $25 supercert
August 27th-got the email from giftcertificate.com with the link for the supercert and used that to order a physical (plastic card) supercert since I didn't know which gift certificate I want yet. I'll probably use it for someone as a Christmas gift.
August 30th-received the plastic card in the mail at my house.

If the RFC gift certs are not available when you're ready to order, call giftcertificate.com customer service and see if they know when they may have them again. If you want to, you can order the plastic card supercert to hold until you're ready to order, or you can just save the email with the link until the RFC certs are in again.

but just one more question. Before I redeem my super cert for gift cert., should I check if the RFC gift cert is available? If so, when I check the alphabetical listing and RFC is there, does that also mean the RFC gift cert is available also. Another words, how do you know the gift cet you want is available BEFORE you redeem the supercert?
Thanks again,
Figment

I don't think you CAN know. Having RFC on the alphabetical listing of GCs just means that they carry that GC-not necessarily that it is in stock right now.

There was a time when giftcertificate.com was having trouble keeping a lot of the GC's in stock. I remember that I had to go through the whole process of ordering before I got the notice that the GC would be on backorder. This was some time ago and they don't seem to have this problem any more, but I think you still have to go through the redemption process before you can know for sure. RFC is a popular GC and they do run out of them from time to time.

The only other way may be to call customer service and ask before you place your order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter