SUPER Budget trip...could I get away with...????

Originally posted by jann1033
that is an outrage!!!send your dental bill to wdw, obviously it is a dangerous gazebo and they are libel for his teeth...and since there are no signs posted that you can not sleep there for free, you were well within your rights to believe you could camp out there. great budget tip! actually you could finance the past trip and maybe the next 20 with the "pain and suffering" a good lawyer could get you..we all know wdw has plenty of money so what's $1.5 mil to them

For shame! I hadnt thought of that one and I work for attorneys! I better get my boss right on that! ;)

Another idea for a cheap room - rent DVC points!

The going rate is $10 per, but DVC members are only paying $4 per in points. If you find someone who will loose their point anyway and tell them a huge sob story about your oldest having terminal cancer and you needing to take this "one last trip before he dies" you can probably get the points for $2. Just email everyone offering points over on the rent trade board. One of them is a sucker.

Make sure one of your kids trips getting into the rides the first day. That is usually good for free park tickets for the rest of your visit. If you can get them hurt before they even hit the parks - you can get free tickets for the whole trip and not even need to spend the money for the first day!

And if anyone tells you that its your own fault for having six kids and no one is entitled to a Disney vacation - well - the nerve of some people!

when they closed "It's A Small World"....

Scooping out the change is how we pay for the NEXT trip to WDW!

Don't tell me you never wondered why it takes so long to unload the boats.
That was my DH holding things up - if he would just stop singing and scoop!!!

:sunny:

Have to say I got you beat here! Instead of just scooping the coins, I outfit every child in our family with electromagnetic gloves that are remote controlled by Yours Truely... kids dip their hands in the water, I hit the "electromagnet on" switch...Kids (with coins attached) flip back into the boat...I hit the "electromagnet off" switch ...DH quickly pockets the coins and hangs the kids back over the sides of the boat for more...note:this really pays off when the ride is backed up!

The kids don't mind because it means we get to come back to Disney sooner...bonus, they are no longer aftraid of sticking forks into toasters and bobby pins into wall outlets!

Don't forget the pond at MGM by Indiana Jones. I have seen quite a bit of money thrown in there too. Plus, if you take a bar of soap off the mousekeeper's cart, your kids can gather money and bathe at the same time!

Why spend time scooping pennies when looting the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds is just a boat ride away!!!! It will keep the kids entertained for hours. It's a great way to collecy money some souveniers and even left over food. The best time to do this is during the Chip and Dale campfire sing-a-longs.

<I>...looting the Fort Wilderness Campgrounds </I>

Um, Jaynerita...that would be stealing.

We don't steal...er, um...ah...except from Disney...and we only steal from Disney because we have to...in order to afford our 17 vacations there every year.

Plus our children are usually so frazzled after Small World we only want to hop over to Stormalong Bay before returning to sleep in our car in the AKL parking lot...don't you just love the AK Lodge?

Hey--a tip for offsiters...

Save on the parking--it's just fluff change for Disney--I mean do they really need that money?...get to MK before 7am and the booths have signs that say "Please Proceed to your Destination"--since we all like to do as Disney says--and it says nothing about paying to park--just drive on in since Disney says it is okay. You'll be first in line for the monorail and first in line at the gate! And to boot--you can park wherever you want b/c there isn't a CM around telling you what to do :)

Don't forget your solar grill though so that you can cook up a yummy breakfast at the gate :)

You could also buy one resort mug from GF cause its closer to MK and
send 2 out for refill. have one hold the gallon water jug and have one get the refills and have them take turns going to drink station until you fill the jug. OR you could take a laptop, printer and scanner and get one mickey buck and scan it and make copies to use in the park, that would give you unlimited funds. Im sure the CMs dont look that closely and they dont have the hidden image that US currency does so
counterfeiting.....oh no i didnt mean that...creatively reproducing them should not be too hard.
JUST DONT TRY TO USE YOUR POP MUG FROM PREVIOUS YEARS OR AT ANOTHER RESORT CAUSE THAT WOULD BE WRONG!!!!

great idea bout the water jug..we got one at kmart( made by martha stewart ,I think the brand is called "Cell Living") that collapses pretty flat so the baby in stroller can sit on it on the way in ...(no pesky bag searches that way, we load our cooler under her too and make sure she is sleeping...a drip of whiskey does the trick...don't bother flaming ,it is an ancient family remedy that never hurt me.....and no one yet has checked under the blanket so we get in so much quicker)...and once you fill it, it will still fit in the locker till lunch ( see post about using the solar grill not only for breakfast but to make hot dogs outside caseys to sell for souvie money)...budget tip for cups to sell soda in..ask for a cup of ice water at the counters ( tell them you are there with a magical gatherings group of 20) and you can get plenty

Sorry, folks you won't see our family looting the campsites any more!!!! I always figured we'd be stealing money that Disney would eventually get anyway so in a way, isn't that stealing from Disney????

I hear they have free souvenirs at legoland--a piece of the land if you will--it is right out there in the open out front...just snatch one off a table--or heck right out of the kids hand--their reflexes are slow--you can be on the DTD bus heading back to your resort before the kid is looking in the right direction.

(Okay--that was terrible of me--smack--but this is fun!!! Don't go snatching my kids legos--or I'll send you a tape of her quite dramatic balling as your punishment :hyper: My Legooooooo Waaaaahhhhh, legooooo, waaaaaahhhh) (any object that has been snatched from her ever can be subbed for the word legoooo) :headache:

:hyper: :crazy: :hyper:

6 kids? Why deprive single people and couples without children (especially newlyweds) the opportunity to experience WDW with children? Run an auction on ebay to "rent a child" for that special WDW trip!! Gives you extra money to upgrade to a deluxe resort w/ concierge for hubby and yourself alone!

mzzzh,
I love it! People could "rent a teen" if they want to do the wild rides (or even golf)with someone. (I have three of those!) "Rent a tween"(my 12 year old), "rent a 7 year old" for those who want a child old enough to go on most rides but still can have childish wonder, and "rent a one year old" for those who might want to ride Dumbo and Pooh all day. Who knows, maybe some really ambitious newlywed couple might want to rent them all. It's very romantic having them around all the time!

Last summer we camped out at Fort Wilderness. My kids are use to warm milk and we forgot to pack our microwave, but thank God we brought along Daisy our Jersey cow. We tied her up next to a tall pine and walla..warm milk on an instance. We did share with other campers so it was ok. Our last night, we made a huge bon fire and fed the entire campground. Poor Daisy...she was good grilled on an open flame! This year I'm bringing Herb...the CM's said it was ok as long as they get to eat too.

Southern4sure

This thread is great!! I'm going on my first trip to Disney in May..and I'm wondering...all these great ideas..have you actually seen people do this (if you are one of the people who actually do some of these, you don't have to tell us LOL :rotfl: ) Just wondering......cuz it would be pretty crazy to see some of this stuff!!

Jen

I'm embarrassed that we smarties are still trying to stuff 8 people into one room. this is FLORIDA, for pete's sake! The weather is great! Just find a golf course...all that well cared for, closely trimmed grass...and nobody uses it all night long! Imagine watching the stars twinkling overhead as you drift off to sleep. and HEY! they have those nifty spigots for cleaning your golf ball, which i think are just the right height for washing up! why cram into a room when you can have fresh air and all the bbq/picnic space you need?

leebee said:
I'm embarrassed that we smarties are still trying to stuff 8 people into one room. this is FLORIDA, for pete's sake! The weather is great! Just find a golf course...all that well cared for, closely trimmed grass...and nobody uses it all night long! Imagine watching the stars twinkling overhead as you drift off to sleep. and HEY! they have those nifty spigots for cleaning your golf ball, which i think are just the right height for washing up! why cram into a room when you can have fresh air and all the bbq/picnic space you need?
I see one problem with this....sprinklers. Better pitch a tent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter