• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Super budget meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, I would like to reply to all the negative people on here...

GO GET A LIFE!!!!

Budget meal threads are always fun and we really don't need someone judging someone else. Lets just have fun and get along.

Yes becasue offering sound sensible advice means that obviously we have no life. Budget meal threads may be fun but most of them are far from healthy but hey if feeding your family frozen taquitas gets you to Disney then by all means have fun.

I now feel very fortunate that my kids aren't spoiled brats who look at meals I make, judge whether they are sub-standard, and feel traumatized. Good grief!

Yes my kids are brats because they can't be won over with over processed junk for dinner and are concerend with making healthy lifestyle chocies Wow what have I done to fail my children so miserably!:sad2:

Yes becasue offering sound sensible advice means that obviously we have no life. Budget meal threads may be fun but most of them are far from healthy but hey if feeding your family frozen taquitas gets you to Disney then by all means have fun.

Yes my kids are brats because they can't be won over with over processed junk for dinner and are concerend with making healthy lifestyle chocies Wow what have I done to fail my children so miserably!:sad2:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Maybe you should only read the threads with the title "super budget-friendly healthy meals" so then you won't have to waste time judging other people's choices :sad2:

No, your kids would be brats if they would be traumatized by getting a few meals that weren't as healthy as normal. One meal where taquitos are offered just isn't that traumatizing.

I occasionally offer fish sticks, which for some reason my husband loves and keeps buying at the store. I don't eat them, and have no problem if my kids don't. I would however, have a HUGE problem, if they tried to pretend I was traumatizing them by putting it on the table.

I agree that the OP should take $50 from the emergency fund and go to the grocery to provided adequate food for your children. I'm all for using up the pantry and have been known to be creative before we go on vacation. I like to use up everything I can before we go on vacation and then start over when we get back. We are 3 weeks out from Hilton Head and I just mentioned it to my girls with a "you know what that means?" kind of statement and they both grinned because they think it's kind of goofy and like to see what I can come up with. It's like a game, but we still have fresh fruit.

But OP, in this situation $50 won't make or break you from what you have said. Go buy some food!

I just got back from Aldis and spent $43. I didn't buy any meat and did buy some junk, but I got enough food to fill in with what I have. For $43 I got:
milk, eggs, butter, micro popcorn, large bag of snack chips, cookies, 3lbs apples, bananas, 2lbs grapes, bread, 4 micro burritos, 1 box egg rolls 2 jars orange ginger sauce (both are seasonal items and we love it though I don't need it now), 3 gatoraid drinks (soccer), 1 box cereal, raisin bread, white whole wheat bread, and 4 cup bag of mozzarella cheese. I think that's it.

I have been without snacks in my house a few times for a few days before and my kids thought we were pooor and worried. If your kids just went through Irene, go buy them some comfort food. I'd at least have to make mine mashed potatoes so the world would seem right again, at least to my DD 13.:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter