• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

super bowl quandry and other issues! HELP!

doublemom1998

Earning My Ears
Hello and her is my issue! we are set for POR 2/2-2/9. Not happy with the food court being closed. Thinking of changing to POP since my DB and DSIL will be there with my neices the last two days of our trip. We would save about $500 BUT........my DH is a MAJOR footbal fanatic :cheer2: , i mean he is in 4 fantasy football leagues as it is and agreed to come this time of year if he had a decent bar to watch the game (2/4/06). If we switch resorts, is Classic Concoctions even close to the lounge at POR?? :drinking1 We will be at AK most of the day so going to ESPn is likley a lost cause since he wont get there in time to score a good seat. Should I bother? SHould we split stay?? What do you'all think?? :confused3

I can tell you that we were at WDW two years ago during Super Bowl Week. Our resort, OKW, had a large screen tv available to all in the community room and a semi - party atmosphere during the game. You may want to check with your resort about that. I would also think most bars would be tuned to the game. And POR has a bar outside of Boatwright's which, I'm sure, would be tuned to football. Also, POR is a quick walk/drive to POFQ; they have a food court (which solves your food court problem somewhat). And POR is a quick boat-ride from DTD - bars there would undoubtedly have a game crowd.

ESPN gets VERY crowded; We got there exceptionally early for the Super Bowl and still had to wait for seats. We had a great time (our team was playing and we were highly motivated! :Pinkbounc ), but it can be a really long day (and $$$). Not everyone wants to sacrifice a whole day that way......but if it's your team.... ;)

The All-Star Cafe might be another venue to consider, but a car would make it easier to access.

I know nothing about POP, so can't offer an answer.

I agree that ESPN will be almost impossible unless you are there really early. And the All Star Cafe might be an option, but it is sort of tough to get to if you don't have a car. The only bus runs from MGM and I'm not sure how often it runs.

I was at POP for the Superbowl in 2005 and it wasn't bad at all. They put up a big projection screen in the food court and the bar is right there. It wasn't terribley crowded either, just enough people to have fun. Hope that helps! :)

Knowing a big screen is likley to be put out does help. Hubby is DIE HARdDCowboys fan and seems to think there is a chance now that Romo is at the helm!!! :woohoo: Now just have to decide if the savings is worth it or noT to switch!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter